ITS OFFICIAL IM GIVING UP!!!

Options

Replies

• cosmosgirl91
    Options
    you could be gaining muscle..do measurements! that way you will know for sure if you are losing anything.. measure your waist, hips, chest and any other areas you want measured and chart them down every week. I hope you don't give up. Good luck in whatever you decide!

I see this is your first post, so I won't scare you off with snark but we've already established this is not true.
    scare me off?? wth is that supposed to mean..lmao! and I wasn't about to go scrolling through everyones comments to see if someone already suggested it..
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    would be more nutritious, dont you agree with that? if not please clarify .
    [/quote]Sorry, dear, but no. If she is indeed meeting her macros with what she's eating, there's no extra credit for eating something else that also meets her macros just because it fits someone else's arbitrary artificial standard of "healthier".
    [/quote]

I agree with you. However, I think some people ( including myself ) wanted to clarify that what the OP initially said was not true. She claimed to eat salads, chicken and fish and other healthy stuff each day. In going back to the beginning of August I found out that that was not true. I don't care what the OP eats and said so in my post. But I did want to point out that she was deceiving herself. Mostly because I did not have the courage to say that she was lying......and that made me wonder what else in her post was not quite true.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    would be more nutritious, dont you agree with that? if not please clarify .
    Sorry, dear, but no. If she is indeed meeting her macros with what she's eating, there's no extra credit for eating something else that also meets her macros just because it fits someone else's arbitrary artificial standard of "healthier".
    [/quote]

I agree with you. However, I think some people ( including myself ) wanted to clarify that what the OP initially said was not true. She claimed to eat salads, chicken and fish and other healthy stuff each day. In going back to the beginning of August I found out that that was not true. I don't care what the OP eats and said so in my post. But I did want to point out that she was deceiving herself. Mostly because I did not have the courage to say that she was lying......and that made me wonder what else in her post was not quite true.
    [/quote]

My comment - (coz i cant get the quote thing to work right :) - ok, well i am learning this! my brain still tells me such as what i wrote. I do believe it. i was not talking about the chicken fish and salads, but the cookies and such like that. I mean really, if i had the choice to eat brownies all day vs tofu, i'd go for the brownies. i dont think i would benefit from that though.. and it would not be fitting macros because what about the other macros here that MFP gives us to shoot for.

sorry jonnythan, im still learning and fighting some ingrained things that are ingrained in me.

now back to our regularly scheduled program.. i wont talk about my beliefs anymore on this topic.
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm really disappointed in this forum. The OP didn't ask for advice, it seems like she wants emotional support. Most of the responders put her down for wanting to give up. That's the kind of support that will encourage her to give up. In any case, I'll think twice before posting on this site if I'm having a bad day.

Its called tough love. The OP didn't ask for help or even emotional support. It sounds like all she wanted was a pity party, and she wont get that here. And there was a ton of solid advice given to her, advice as to why she wouldn't be losing weight (mainly due to her actual diet)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP, where do you get the numbers for your calories? Are they from the database? I can promise you that your calorie calculations when you do log are off, and this is very likely a cause of not losing anymore.

2 slices of bread with butter and jelly, 120 calories. You would have to be using the very low calorie bread (40 calories) and just a scraping of butter and jelly. A minute, minute amount of each. A better way to log would be to log the exact brand and type of the bread (Wonderbread, 100% whole wheat) as one item, then measure or weigh the butter and log that (1 TBSP, Country Crock Real Butter), and then weigh/measure the jelly (Smuckers, 1 TBSP, Grape).

Misread the second entry, edited.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    ok i am understanding what you and Jonnythan are sayhing, as I put up a topic about IIFYM and what it means, so i get it, maybe im not expressing myself right, or maybe I am, but in any case, let me ask you this - could you feel healthy (as to what healthy means to you) by copying her diet and eating that? would that kind of food give you the strength and energy to do your exercising and workouts etc? again, im not demonizing food, just saying it doesn't seem very good for food choices.

Post this in another thread, because it has absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

ok you are right, sorry about going off topic,,, if you want to, can you comment on how the OP could improve her weight loss?

He already did on page 4
    You are ridiculously overestimating calorie burns from circuit training and cardio, and your logging appears inconsistent. You appear not to be weighing foods, and you are using a lot of generic equivalents for homemade items like sloppy joes and chicken. Your diary is filled with "quick add calories" for things that are obviously ballpark estimations. You are either skipping a great many meals or simply not logging the things you ate at those meals.

In other words, it's no wonder you're not seeing any progress since you're doing everything wrong. You honestly have no idea how many calories you're eating.

Thread should have ended there really
  • phyllisjoyce
    Options
    Please don't give up. Get your thyroid checked. My sister was in your position and is no on medication and the weight is dropping off, slowly but surely. :smile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    10 pages of, from what I can see, clean, healthy, IIFYM debate, and the OP is not logging accurately, not even close.

Pretty much every single bit of advice, other than that which tells her to log is moot.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Do it! Give up! I did, about 4 weeks ago. My logging is patchy, I don't log when I know I'm over calories, I've stopped exercising, I've gained 6kg (14lbs) and I couldn't be happier!!!

Wait.... no, not happy, what's that word... oh yeah - I COULDNT BE MORE F'ING MISERABLE!

Give up. See how great you feel in a few weeks. We'll see you then :)
  • Turnernpooch
    Options
    I was totally going to suggest going to the dr's and explaining it to a doc. Because there can be a medical reason why the weight isn't coming off.. :) Good luck to you OP, and don't give up!!!!!!!
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    she's not logging her food regularly. She's not eating at a deficit when she does log. We don't have any idea what her 30-45 minutes of exercise actually is... and we don't know what activity she does outside of the gym.

I go to the gym 3x per week, and I see the same group of mostly fit women always "socializing" on the machines. Every. Time. They're in the gym, technically they're "working out" but in reality they aren't getting anything accomplished. Lazy, light weight, apparently effortless "lifts" that are almost always on the inner/outer thigh machines and the glute machine. They chat about who knows what (my earphones spare me from knowing the details) while they "work out" and then go look at themselves in the mirror and get on the scale. I don't know the OP in the least, but I have to wonder if she's doing something similar. If the log discipline translates to the gym discipline... She does say she's sweating though, so who knows?

OP, if you haven't quit already, go see a nutritionist and trainer. Get some real pro help to get yourself on the right track again. Start heavy lifting. Log *everything* you eat and *every workout* you do. Get serious about this thing, if you really want to progress. What you're doing right now obviously isn't working. There's only one person to blame for that.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 3x per week, and I see the same group of mostly fit women always "socializing" on the machines. Every. Time. They're in the gym, technically they're "working out" but in reality they aren't getting anything accomplished.

Lazy, light weight, apparently effortless "lifts" that are almost always on the inner/outer thigh machines and the glute machine. They chat about who knows what (my earphones spare me from knowing the details) while they "work out" and then go look at themselves in the mirror and get on the scale.

Blimey. Any Freudian analysts on hand? :indifferent:
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Under eating is possible so you can stop banging your head against a wall and open up your mind instead.

Its called metabolic damage... Explain how someone can eat only 1200 calories, work out 6 times a week and still not lose weight. Your body is smarter than you are, dieting is all about figuring out your body, however you can only cut calories to a certain point before your body thinks its starving (which technically it is) and it slowly shuts down your metabolism until you basal metabolic rate is practically 0.
    The fact that she logs 1200 calories doesn't mean she is eating 1200 calories.

BMR can reduce by 40% if you're legit starving yourself, but I don't think that's the case here.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Under eating is possible so you can stop banging your head against a wall and open up your mind instead.

Its called metabolic damage... Explain how someone can eat only 1200 calories, work out 6 times a week and still not lose weight. Your body is smarter than you are, dieting is all about figuring out your body, however you can only cut calories to a certain point before your body thinks its starving (which technically it is) and it slowly shuts down your metabolism until you basal metabolic rate is practically 0.
    The fact that she logs 1200 calories doesn't mean she is eating 1200 calories.

BMR can reduce by 40% if you're legit starving yourself, but I don't think that's the case here.

Exactly. And a woman that is TRULY eating 1200 calories is far from starving herself. I absolutely agree that you can slow your metabolism, BUT eating 1200 calories is not going to do it. Period. And saying that undereating is going to stop weight loss is so laughable!!! If this is the case then someone PLEASE explain to me how a shipwreck victim or someone that gets stranded somewhere for a significant period of time with very little to keep them alive loses weight. If your body got to a point of undereating and stopped losing weight wouldn't these people look pretty good when they are finally rescued???
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    If this is the case then someone PLEASE explain to me how a shipwreck victim or someone that gets stranded somewhere for a significant period of time with very little to keep them alive loses weight.

They do the 30-day Shred and eat clean. Fact.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    i-give-up-o.gif
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If this is the case then someone PLEASE explain to me how a shipwreck victim or someone that gets stranded somewhere for a significant period of time with very little to keep them alive loses weight.

They do the 30-day Shred and eat clean. Fact.

Thank You!!! I was not aware of that. That explains it then. :drinker:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Take better care of your logging of food and exercise and then you will see what the problem is.

By the way, if that picture is you, you don't need to lose weight. If it is not you, why don't you have one of yourself? :smile:
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I was totally going to suggest going to the dr's and explaining it to a doc. Because there can be a medical reason why the weight isn't coming off.. :) Good luck to you OP, and don't give up!!!!!!!

She may be diagnosed with ILS - Inaccurate Logging Syndrome