ITS OFFICIAL IM GIVING UP!!!

Options

Replies

• FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    I have been on this journey since January 2013 I have joined Planet Fitness I go there about 6 days a week for anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes a day I make sure i eat smaller portions I eat alot of chicken, fish and salads daily I recently joined a fit club where they do exercise classes and i have been doing that 3-4 days a week because I didnt know if my body was tried of the routines I was doing at the gym and still absolutely no results. I dont notice I change in my clothes or a change in the number on the scale. I drink 64 ounces of water a day which is good for me because all my life i never drank water, In the beggining I lost 14 lbs and in the last 4 months everytime i weigh in Im gaining that back, I know people say "maybe your gaining muscle" but is it possible to be gaining muscle for all these months and NO RESULTS im fed up, you would think that in 9 months I would have lost more than just 14 lbs sorry for venting out but im disgusted and discouraged.
    Is Jay-Z on board?
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well this topic proves that exercise is not the thing to target to losing weight - calorie deficit is.

Even if she was doing IIFYM and eating 1200 calories, the crap she is eating is not doing her body any good. What good is it to lose pounds but eff up your body with crap food most of the time.

God quit with this nonsense.
    ]

no really, eating less calories is going to make someone lose weight more than exercise. I dont mean that exercise wont let you lose pounds, but eating within the right calories will help a person lose weith than the OP's example of whatever she is doing, but probably eating too many calories (i can only guess).

Please dont tell me after taht discussion about IIFM that I got it wrong.!!!!

I do agree that it is better not to exist on junk food vs healthier food. i cant be wrong about that one!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Well this topic proves that exercise is not the thing to target to losing weight - calorie deficit is.

Even if she was doing IIFYM and eating 1200 calories, the crap she is eating is not doing her body any good. What good is it to lose pounds but eff up your body with crap food most of the time.

]

no really, eating less calories is going to make someone lose weight more than exercise. I dont mean that exercise wont let you lose pounds, but eating within the right calories will help a person lose weith than the OP's example of whatever she is doing, but probably eating too many calories (i can only guess).

I do agree that it is better not to exist on junk food vs healthier food. i cant be wrong about that one!!

I'm talking about your "eff up your body with crap food most of the time" nonsense.
  • NonnyMary
    Options

]

I'm talking about your "eff up your body with crap food most of the time" nonsense.

in her case Im speaking specifically, i know what we talked about re IIFYM but i dont mean what you thought i meant. She is filling up her day with food that even though it does fit her macros (if she is logging right) however, there are better foods that would be more nutritious, dont you agree with that? if not please clarify .
  • jonnythan
    Options

]

in her case Im speaking specifically, i know what we talked about re IIFYM but i dont mean what you thought i meant. She is filling up her day with food that even though it does fit her macros (if she is logging right) however, there are better foods that would be more nutritious, dont you agree with that? if not please clarify .

No, I don't agree with that. There's no such thing as good foods and bad foods. That has nothing to do with this thread anyway. She didn't ask for help at all, and even if she did whether the particular foods she eats are "good" or "bad" is completely irrelevant anyway. No one is done any good by people like you coming in and blaming "bad" food for lack of progress or ill health when it's not the truth.
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Shoot, if that's her real picture, she should give up.

Except that it's Beyonce's pic.:laugh:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

]

From what I saw she isn't even logging so that makes the IIFYM argument irrelevant.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

]

Sorry, dear, but no. If she is indeed meeting her macros with what she's eating, there's no extra credit for eating something else that also meets her macros just because it fits someone else's arbitrary artificial standard of "healthier".
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    From what I saw she isn't even logging so that makes the IIFYM argument irrelevant.
    Well, OP, I think I see your problem right there.
  • NonnyMary
    Options

]

No, I don't agree with that. There's no such thing as good foods and bad foods. That has nothing to do with this thread anyway. She didn't ask for help at all, and even if she did whether the particular foods she eats are "good" or "bad" is completely irrelevant anyway. No one is done any good by people like you coming in and blaming "bad" food for lack of progress or ill health when it's not the truth.

Ok i understand "there are no bad foods",, but please tell me that some spinach may be better nutritionally for the body than ketchup. Do you agree with that? thats the point i was making, NOT to demonize foods. (actually good and bad is not possible with food as food does not commit sin, lol but thats another topic for the religious boards. )
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

]

Whether you agree with someone's opinon or not, that sure is a ****** way to speak to someone, "people like you". What ever happened to a little bit of courtesy and being civil in disagreements?
  • NonnyMary
    Options

]

Sorry, dear, but no. If she is indeed meeting her macros with what she's eating, there's no extra credit for eating something else that also meets her macros just because it fits someone else's arbitrary artificial standard of "healthier".

ok i am understanding what you and Jonnythan are sayhing, as I put up a topic about IIFYM and what it means, so i get it, maybe im not expressing myself right, or maybe I am, but in any case, let me ask you this - could you feel healthy (as to what healthy means to you) by copying her diet and eating that? would that kind of food give you the strength and energy to do your exercising and workouts etc? again, im not demonizing food, just saying it doesn't seem very good for food choices.
  • tshields27
    tshields27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Only do CARDIO, walking or running. This will help to drop the pounds and not add on the muscle.
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yup go ahead and quit, that will really help. SMH
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Only do CARDIO, walking or running. This will help to drop the pounds and not add on the muscle.

Morse code for no.
  • NonnyMary
    Options

]

Whether you agree with someone's opinon or not, that sure is a ****** way to speak to someone, "people like you". What ever happened to a little bit of courtesy and being civil in disagreements?

I'm the "people like you" who have brought up matters about IIFYM trying to understand it, and eating what i feel are healthier choices and trying to make a comment but perhaps sometimes we may see things opposite.

for the record, I do think some foods are better choices than others in our goals to try to eat healthier. I have to stand by that, as i believe it, you may disagree but I believe in it and dont see it as harming anyone to suggest it. That DOES NOT mean I am demonizing other foods that some of ya'll like. two different things .
  • jonnythan
    Options
    ok i am understanding what you and Jonnythan are sayhing, as I put up a topic about IIFYM and what it means, so i get it, maybe im not expressing myself right, or maybe I am, but in any case, let me ask you this - could you feel healthy (as to what healthy means to you) by copying her diet and eating that? would that kind of food give you the strength and energy to do your exercising and workouts etc? again, im not demonizing food, just saying it doesn't seem very good for food choices.

Post this in another thread, because it has absolutely nothing to do with the thread.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

]

She isn't logging all of her foods, you can't judge the health of her diet. I actually did see some days where she ate things like chicken breast, veggies, fruit, whole grains, which most people would consider "healthy".
  • cosmosgirl91
    Options
    scare me off?? wth is that supposed to mean..lmao. and I wasn't going to waste my time strolling through everyones comments to see if someone already suggested it..
  • NonnyMary
    Options

Post this in another thread, because it has absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

ok you are right, sorry about going off topic,,, if you want to, can you comment on how the OP could improve her weight loss?