Replies

• Strangegirlz
    Strangegirlz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    this dropped in to my in box today, think it's meant for you x

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • cosmosgirl91
    Options
    I was totally going to suggest going to the dr's and explaining it to a doc. Because there can be a medical reason why the weight isn't coming off.. :) Good luck to you OP, and don't give up!!!!!!!

She may be diagnosed with ILS - Inaccurate Logging Syndrome
    hahaha.yes.
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    this dropped in to my in box today, think it's meant for you x

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
    this is a great link. Everyone should read this at least once, IMO. Of course then there would be far fewer threads on MFP...
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    First, I looked at your diary and have concluded that either you are (1) starving yourself or (2) not logging everything you eat. If you are not eating enough calories your body WILL hold on to your fat. Well known fact. Eat some kind of breakfast, this gets your metabolism going and you are less likely to indulge in foods that are going to set you back in reaching your goals.

Second, the foods I did see in diary are not very healthy. Switch that up!!! I had this same issue, I was coming in under calories but still eating processed fatty foods and was not losing weight. I cut out alot of those foods (somewhat gradually) and voila I started losing weight! I also have stopped eating back my exercise calories unless I am truly hungry. This has made a difference in my weight loss.

Third, I been on this journey for a very long time. A VERY LONG TIME. 9 months ain't **** in this game. If you are talking about making lifestyle changes vs. just losing weight, the journey will last a lifetime. You should not compare your weight-loss to others. The only person you should be competing with is yourself.

So yes, you should quit. Quit what you are currently doing because it is not working for you. If you have an untreated medical issue you should get that treated ASAP! I would recommend that you log EVERYTHING you put in your mouth and make those calories count for something.

^^^^CHUUUURRRCHHHH!!!^^^^
    OAN....the advice in this thread is so horribly conflicting, that if the poor girl had a chance, most of you pretty much ruined it. LMAO...especially at the poster that thinks that anyone that is LIVING can make their metabolic rate ZERO. Okay. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    she's not logging her food regularly. She's not eating at a deficit when she does log. We don't have any idea what her 30-45 minutes of exercise actually is... and we don't know what activity she does outside of the gym.

I go to the gym 3x per week, and I see the same group of mostly fit women always "socializing" on the machines. Every. Time. They're in the gym, technically they're "working out" but in reality they aren't getting anything accomplished. Lazy, light weight, apparently effortless "lifts" that are almost always on the inner/outer thigh machines and the glute machine. They chat about who knows what (my earphones spare me from knowing the details) while they "work out" and then go look at themselves in the mirror and get on the scale. I don't know the OP in the least, but I have to wonder if she's doing something similar. If the log discipline translates to the gym discipline... She does say she's sweating though, so who knows?

OP, if you haven't quit already, go see a nutritionist and trainer. Get some real pro help to get yourself on the right track again. Start heavy lifting. Log *everything* you eat and *every workout* you do. Get serious about this thing, if you really want to progress. What you're doing right now obviously isn't working. There's only one person to blame for that.

This^^^^
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    If you are not eating enough calories your body WILL hold on to your fat. Well known fact.
    Well known, yes. But not a fact. It's a myth. Almost everyone knows that by now. Please stop.
  • matthewsism
    Options
    Cry for help?

Do what you like.

I had a look at what food you eat and from the brief peek I noticed a lot of processed foods. Processed foods are pretty much garbage. Potato chips and doughnuts came from the devil. Personally I would rather eat healthy portions of real food instead of small portions of garbage.

Maybe you just aren't ready?

I wonder what you have to say about the ice cream-covered cinnamon rolls I'll be having later tonight.

Not a thing. Are you crying about not losing weight?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Cry for help?

Do what you like.

I had a look at what food you eat and from the brief peek I noticed a lot of processed foods. Processed foods are pretty much garbage. Potato chips and doughnuts came from the devil. Personally I would rather eat healthy portions of real food instead of small portions of garbage.

Maybe you just aren't ready?

I wonder what you have to say about the ice cream-covered cinnamon rolls I'll be having later tonight.

Not a thing. Are you crying about not losing weight?

Is processed food not garbage, and donuts not satan's work, if you're not whining about losing weight?
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 3x per week, and I see the same group of mostly fit women always "socializing" on the machines. Every. Time. They're in the gym, technically they're "working out" but in reality they aren't getting anything accomplished.

Lazy, light weight, apparently effortless "lifts" that are almost always on the inner/outer thigh machines and the glute machine. They chat about who knows what (my earphones spare me from knowing the details) while they "work out" and then go look at themselves in the mirror and get on the scale.

Blimey. Any Freudian analysts on hand? :indifferent:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I have nothing to add to this conversation. But it sure is interesting!
  • wdeidra19
    Options
    Since you have so much NEGATIVITY to say why dont you give me some healthy choices, then I will try them and see if I get better results.......FYI You are not a good team player and im not referfering to everyone just jonnythan
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Since you have so much NEGATIVITY to say why dont you give me some healthy choices, then I will try them and see if I get better results.......FYI You are not a good team player and im not referfering to everyone just jonnythan

I guess I didn't show up to the pity party with enough pity.

If you ever decide you want help, ask for it and I will help. If you just want to make sure everyone knows that you're giving up and leaving..... well, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Are you an adult, or a child? Do you want attention, or results? Do you want to work, or whine?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    OP... Maybe you clarified otherwise but I didn't feel like being depressed reading the other 11 pages.

I only checked September but I believe you fall into the 99.9% category of people who are "doing everything right" and not losing.

You eat right during the weekend and the weekends are missing entirely. Most likely filled with high intake, alcohol and undoing any progress you made during the week.

I think if you pick a more reasonable deficit in the 1500-1700 range, log and weigh all of your food intake, even on the weekends, allow yourself some treats in moderation, you'll see progress.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I think if you pick a more reasonable deficit in the 1500-1700 range, log and weigh all of your food intake, even on the weekends, allow yourself some treats in moderation, you'll see progress.

preposterous lol
  • wdeidra19
    Options
    Im glad I dont accept friends like you on here..WHY ARE YOU EVEN ON A SITE THATS SUPPOSE TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE??
  • wdeidra19
    Options
    THANKS!!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Im glad I dont accept friends like you on here..WHY ARE YOU EVEN ON A SITE THATS SUPPOSE TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE??

Accept? You sent me a friend request, not the other way around.

Anyway, what is there to encourage? You've announced that you've given up. I figured I was supposed to respect the decision you've made, even if I think it's a bad one.

Is it my responsibility to convince you that you need to change a decision you've made? That would be treating you like a child, not an adult. Are you an adult, or a child?

Maybe you meant I'm supposed to encourage you on your stated goal, which was giving up. Should I encourage you to give up, since that's what you said you want?