ITS OFFICIAL IM GIVING UP!!!

Options

Replies

• kellylowerymachonis
    Options
    Please don't give up! Okay, keep yourself laser-focused on your goals. You've reached a plateau or feel yourself slipping, right? So you've got to CHANGE IT UP ... do something drastic. BE BOLD! Give up dairy for 2 weeks and see what happens. If you're not already doing that, try mixing up your workout routine. Are you sleeping well? I'm reading that lack of sleep is a big factor.
  • klerato
    Options
    Hi op,I understand how you feel. I gave up a few week ago and now I am back. I has lost 15 pounds on ww and wanted to find a way to keep track of my diet but not pay so much money,so I started to actively participate on this mfp. I had a difficult time taking time from my day to track food. In fact I hate tracking food. It requires me to constantly think about food and portion control honestly I can be doing something else. So I gain back 8 pounds and said ok I better do something. So I am back and tracking my food I am not weighing in just yet though. My suggestion would be If you are tracking everything,you don't have the best food chooses. Yes,you keep your calories low but your choose in foods wouldn't be conducive with weight-loss. Little Cesar pizza is excellent,(right across the street from my house.)but I had to let it go. Try adding some more fruits and Veggies to your diet to cover those Carb Calories. Also I noticed that you don't eat breakfast regularly,I am like that too. Add a protein shake if possible. I hope this helps. Hang in there.
  • tameroo2
    Options
    Looking at your diary i see: fried chicken, pizza rolls, pasta salad, cake, cookies, little ceasers pizza... multiple times... REALLY??? You have to make choices to fuel your body... these are all examples of POOR choices. Better rethink your approach to food.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary i see: fried chicken, pizza rolls, pasta salad, cake, cookies, little ceasers pizza... multiple times... REALLY??? You have to make choices to fuel your body... these are all examples of POOR choices. Better rethink your approach to food.

Look at my diary.
  • egh1974
    egh1974 Posts: 147
    Options
    Not logging = Not losing. I learned that from experience. Get with the program, sista!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    How on earth can annyone build muscle on 1200 kcal a day? She'd have barely enough energy to make a trip to the wc, let alone fart!
    If she was to come down with a cold, upset tummy or something, she'd be lucky to survive, to put it bluntly.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone 1. YES my diary is open 2. I have actually been trying and nothing is happening i dont eat the way I used to I dont eat fast food at all anymore. And I try to grill rather than frying everything I know its a slow process but when you log on everyday and see people that say they lost 30 lbs in 3 months it gets discouraging. I intially set a goal of 20 lbs I cant even get to that, Plus I exercise every single day I feel like im doing all that sweating and work for nothing. Somethings wrong with this picture I know I cant be at a plateu for these many months geesh It would be nice to see 1lb loss but I got NOTHING!!!!

Most of those people who lose that much weight in three months are either not eating enough or weigh a lot to begin with and have much more weight to lose than you do.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    If that is your current size in your profile pic, where do you think you are going to lose another 23 lbs? You look great in the photo!
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    you could be gaining muscle..do measurements! that way you will know for sure if you are losing anything.. measure your waist, hips, chest and any other areas you want measured and chart them down every week. I hope you don't give up. Good luck in whatever you decide!

I see this is your first post, so I won't scare you off with snark but we've already established this is not true.

What do you mean this is not true? Measuring yourself is not an appropriate way to monitor progress?
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Just saw this topic -not sure if it was answered.. but maybe the OP is at her body's current weight and she wants to look slimmer / more toned????

If she is close to or at her weight then maybe she has to accept that her body is allowing her to lose slower than she wants, even 1/2 pound a week/month ?????????
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    you could be gaining muscle..do measurements! that way you will know for sure if you are losing anything.. measure your waist, hips, chest and any other areas you want measured and chart them down every week. I hope you don't give up. Good luck in whatever you decide!

I see this is your first post, so I won't scare you off with snark but we've already established this is not true.

What do you mean this is not true? Measuring yourself is not an appropriate way to monitor progress?

you can't build muscle without a calorie surplus. i think that's what was meant.
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the whole thread, but I'm gonna say don't give up...just don't keep doing the same thing, clearly it isn't working.

Probably said before, BUT...

Buy yourself a scale...weigh everything, and measure the things you can't weigh.

Count EVERYTHING...the oil you cook with (and you should eat fats- they actually help you lose!) spices, tiny tastes of things, etc.

EVERYTHING counts. You may be taking in more calories than you think.

Don't eat ALL you're exercise calories back. Let your hunger judge that for you. Eat some back for sure, but let you body burn your excess pounds as fuel for a while, as long as you are fueling your body with it's minimum requirements from healthy balanced foods. (Pile on the veggies and you get fuller faster :D)

If you are down to your last 10 lbs or so it's gonna go way slower, but it's gonna go! It has to if the MATH is right--BURN more than you CONSUME!! :D

Get your thyroid checked...

DON'T GIVE UP!! Isn't being FOURTEEN pounds lighter better than being FOURTEEN pounds heavier??! :)

Good luck
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

No, it's not true that she's gaining muscle. She's just doing everything wrong.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options

you can't build muscle without a calorie surplus. i think that's what was meant.

^^^^^ THIS. And you are not going to build muscle only eating something like 45 grams of protein a day. That is not enough to even maintain muscle much less build ANY new muscle.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well this topic proves that exercise is not the thing to target to losing weight - calorie deficit is.

Even if she was doing IIFYM and eating 1200 calories, the crap she is eating is not doing her body any good. What good is it to lose pounds but eff up your body with crap food most of the time.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Well this topic proves that exercise is not the thing to target to losing weight - calorie deficit is.

Even if she was doing IIFYM and eating 1200 calories, the crap she is eating is not doing her body any good. What good is it to lose pounds but eff up your body with crap food most of the time.

God quit with this nonsense.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    yeah same thing with me for the past 3 days i rode my bike 4 miles and jogged a mile. i go to weigh in today and i gained a pound wtf??

Vigorous exercise causes muscle damage. Those tissues retain water while repairing themselves, leading to temporary weight gain.
  • djpgrl28
    djpgrl28 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    don't give up! you are doing great...it takes a while to see results...I stayed the same weight for months before I started feeling my clothes get loser...then scale moved...don't worry about number...just keep doing what your doing, exercise make it fun not a process, eat and enjoy it...you can't make food boring and repetitive other wise you slip..but keep going...every bodies body is different....you are burning cals and fat that is what matters...some ppl need to do more cardio...and they say...building upper body strength in women helps raise your metabolism...so keep it up you inspire me