What are those seasonal foods that get you every time?

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't' care for pumpkin anything- so I'm off the hook. and I really don't like egg nog.
    Buuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttt
    I adore jelly beans.

And candy corn.

and peeps.

But I refuse to eat them other than the month in which they were designed to celebrate the holiday. (is that even a thing)

oh and Mint M and M's dear god. I love them.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Anything with pumpkin--pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin muffins....

This. I am terribly in love with the taste of pumpkin. I'll even take a can of unflavored pumpkin, put pumpkin pie spices in it, mix with some cream or milk, and eat it (spread out over a few days, obviously lol, not all at once)- SO good!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin cream cheese, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, salted caramel mochas from Starbucks, and a new one: STARBUCKS PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE MUFFIN.<3 Best thing ever.

Oh dear God, I forgot about the salted caramel mochas *whimpers* I tried one once and it was amazing. So I never did it again because I knew I couldn't stop :(
  • IMarieB
    IMarieB Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Candy Corn!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin everything. Especially that stupid Starbucks latte. Droooooool.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I love marzipan, although I buy it any time I can find the elusive organic, Italian, gluten free Bia Stramondo marzipan, regardless of season.

There is GF marzipan? Must find this...
    Also peanut butter fudge and apple cider.
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    Pomegranates.

I don't care how much they cost. I load up and eat them every day - straight off the rind, make something with them, or just put the whole seeds in other foods like yogurt or ice cream. Plus they look pretty sitting on the kitchen counter.

love :love: love
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Fall - pumpkin anything
    Winter - Eggnog and cookies
    Spring - easter rice pie
    summer - hot dogs and potato salad

I covered all the seasons lol
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I can and have devoured an entire pecan pie. It's my weakness. I love pecan pie so much... But I can't have it anymore... Pretty sure I won't be able to stop at just one

Me too! Way back in the day my mother made a pecan pie for the holidays and burned it and no one else would eat it so it was ALL MINE!! I had it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. Nom nom nom

Pumpkin is my big seasonal treat. I've already had a pumpkin bagel with walnut raisin cream cheese (Mister Bagel for any other Mainers) and several cups of Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice coffee.

For those of you who are also pumpkin fans, you can make yummy low fat (fat free?) muffins by combining a box of spice cake mix or even carrot cake mix with a can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling). Makes 24 muffins, about 100 cal each (depending on cake mix). Just bake for 20-25 min at 350. For chocolate lovers, use chocolate cake mix.

My friend makes those muffins then makes a dairy free "cream cheese" frosting and dips them in coconut - talk about heaven!

Also, mixing a can of pumpkin puree with a small tub of cool whip and a small box of instant sugar free/fat free pudding and you've got a yummy whipped treat!
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Cadbury eggs at Easter. I love those. Also lately the frozen skinny coffees from Starbucks I really have to watch those. :)
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin, cinnamon, caramel apples.. I love fall in general. The colors, the food, the fashion, the weather. My favorite season!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Fiddleheads, Ontario peaches, Ontario strawberries, fresh sweet corn, zucchini flowers, zucchini...
    Basically I can't wait for fresh produce to be in season! We have such a short growing season :(

I also look forward to turkey dinner. If it's possible I love to cook it for my family more than actually eating it (and I do love eating it!).
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie pop tarts, Pumpkin Patch Dreyer's, Pumpkin Cheesecake Ben & Jerry's.

Oh yeah, I've learned my lesson. Stock up on the B&J's and Pop Tarts!

I didn't see the ampersand at first. I was like Whoa. I am coming to your house for the holidays.
  • ToBeCountry
    ToBeCountry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Candy corn!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Mince pies!

(ed) and my Christmas Eve tipple: Cointreau and freshly squeezed lime. It just wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't have that!
  • cbluna
    Options
    Pumpkin spice flavored ANYTHING: pancakes, bread pudding, ice cream, coffee cake, muffins, etc. And anything with crumb topping...this is all the time, but it seems much more common in the fall/winter. :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    creme brulee latte and pumpkin spice latte. I will also eat an entire thing of pumpkin/banana bread.
  • whatkatydid44
    Options
    It's got to be Avocados, Caesar dressing and Cadbury creme eggs. For those of you who don't know what these are - sold in NZ, Aust and UK - they are easter eggs about the size of a standard chickens egg but with a sugary creme inside that is white and yellow like an egg yolk! Extremely addictive, sugary, sticky and gorgeous. You can also get them in peppermint creme and caramel. I wish it wasn't so far till easter now!
  • whatkatydid44
    Options
    Anything with pumpkin--pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin muffins....

This. I am terribly in love with the taste of pumpkin. I'll even take a can of unflavored pumpkin, put pumpkin pie spices in it, mix with some cream or milk, and eat it (spread out over a few days, obviously lol, not all at once)- SO good!

You can get pumpkin in cans? Wow I've really got to leave NZ sometime soon!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Eggnog anyway you dress it up.

And Peeps at Easter. I love those freaking things! (Only the Easter ones...I can ignore them other holidays.)