What are those seasonal foods that get you every time?

Options
12346»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Anything with pumpkin--pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin muffins....

This. I am terribly in love with the taste of pumpkin. I'll even take a can of unflavored pumpkin, put pumpkin pie spices in it, mix with some cream or milk, and eat it (spread out over a few days, obviously lol, not all at once)- SO good!

You can get pumpkin in cans? Wow I've really got to leave NZ sometime soon!

You can get unflavored pumpkin puree in cans and even "pumpkin pie mix" in a can where all you do is pour it into a shell and bake it. ;)
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    for me it's good, dark seasonal beer and the snacks and finger foods - both savory and sweet - that happen over the holidays. i could live off of finger foods. meatballs, cheese and crackers, chips and dips, baked dips, dessert bits... mmmm, i love them. although, to give myself a little credit, i like the veggie tray, too ;)
  • wynn217
    wynn217 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!!!
  • anonymoose260
    Options
    A local microbrewery makes a seasonal ale every year around Christmas. I have a hard time resisting the Nutcracker Ale.
  • calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Elysian Night Owl Pumpkin Ale, anything pumpkin from Starbucks, and chicken pot pie!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Is there a price, for the correct answer?
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Mince pies TT. They've been selling them since August and everytime I see them I have to stop myself.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    marzipan. Our local Lidl store sells pineapple marzipan at christmas and its amazing! They also have this lovely chicken and pasta soup and I eat the whole tin myself and its a big tin! Its only about 400cals for a big 800g tin so its fine lol
  • GymPoet
    GymPoet Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Roasted chestnuts.
  • Stacenglish
    Stacenglish Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I live in a very small town, we don't get the goodies that some places get, but this time of year, I'm all about honey crisp apples. If I see them being sold I stock up. OMG, soo good!!
  • Kicker12
    Kicker12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mince Pies at Christmas...
    These are my downfall.
  • Mishinmite
    Mishinmite Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Starbuck's pumpkin spice frappuccino. Nomnomnom...
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie Pop Tarts?! How have I lived 32 years and never had one of these?

I hadn't heard of them, either, and don't care for Pop Tarts, but now I'm curious. And pumpkin Ben & Jerry's, how have I missed that?

Like many others, I like pumpkin in nearly anything. We didn't plant a garden this year, so I don't have a lot of fresh pumpkin to bake with. I know I will buy some, but will probably do less baking with pumpkin. Our apple trees really produced this year, so I'll be using lots of apple this year.

Oh, and butternut squash. Cut into wedges, peel it, drizzle with olive oil and roast it. So good!

Another favorite - pomegranates. I had a dwarf potted pomogranate but no fruit this year.