Do older guys care less about looks and weight?

Options
123457»

Replies

• chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    If that were the case then I don't think we'd be hearing about older men leaving their wives for younger women.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Also, a lot of guys actually want a woman who has curves, not a girl with a 12 year old boy body lol

said no michael Jackson ever
  • candidcamster
    candidcamster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30 year old chick, but these are my observations, at the risk of generalizing (for want of a better word) older men, I'd say they are more accepting of a fuller figure than younger men. I think it's a combination of their generation appreciating a fuller figure (aka curves) more than the younger generations and because as you get older your priorities change, you tend to care less about aesthetics and more about depth and what is tangible. I also think older men realize the power of youth, that while we younger people are so hard on our bodies and our peers bodies, many of them would change places in a heartbeat. Not everyone of course, and men in the entertainment industry as well as rich men in particular prove me wrong everyday lol.

Ultimately though, it's up to the individual, a person is a person, though sometimes when you have a cluster of people you'll find likemindedness, it's not always so. Nothing beats a fail but a try (cliché much? lol) . I'd go for it, even if he turns you down you can comfort yourself in thinking "that old fart really missed out" lol j/k. Good luck :)
  • BlueOrchidMoon77
    Options
    Wow, never expected this many responses...maybe I should give a little more detail.

I've known him for about 4 years because I work with him...not in the same department so I didn't see him that much. I used to think he was the biggest jerk ever. Until, I started babysitting for him and then, I got to see a completely different side of him.

So he invites me to his house for a holiday...with the kids...and then to the county fair...with the kids. At work, people tell me he talks about me. Tells them when I'm gonna be watching the kids, tells them I'm an awesome cook, how funny I am, how smart I am...he even went into where my cousin works at a fast food chain with his kids and was telling her everyone at work was talking about us and thought we were dating. He brought the kids into work to see me. Sometimes, he gives me these looks...I catch him staring at me. He was teasing me the other day and winked at me before he walked away. And yes, once, I looked up and caught him looking at me chest and he jerked his head away and tried to act like he wasn't. He called me this past weekend for reasons I still can't figure out and just talked about random things for about 15 minutes, but never said ANYTHING about asking me out or that he likes me.

So all of these things put together plus a lot more things make me think...yes, duh, of course he likes you. You're a freaking idiot.

Except, he won't make a move...and I just have this voice in my head, from when I was a little girl that says, "Why would ANYONE like you? You're so fat." I'm really out-going and people all of the time tell me how hilarious I am and people at work are always surrounding me and joking at laughing at me. I think I have a kick-*kitten* personality, but it's just the weight. I'm so self-conscious about it. Someone probably said maybe he's thinking the same thing, that "I'm a lot older, I'm divorced, single dad...why would she want me?"
  • BlueOrchidMoon77
    Options
    As a general rule:

R4JtGhq.jpg

And who said I wanted that? To me, that's not attractive.
  • BlueOrchidMoon77
    Options
    He's divorced and she was crazy, but was also like a size 2.

:laugh: they ALL say the ex was crazy,

Did HE tell you she was a size 2, or do you know her? If he mentioned it, then its probably something he cares about.

No, I've known her since high school. She's got 3 different baby daddies and I'm pretty sure she was with him for his money. Only she got fooled cuz he got custody. This isn't just things he's told me. I know her. I know of her. I know people that know her and everyone pretty much is of the same opinion.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

Except, he won't make a move...and I just have this voice in my head, from when I was a little girl that says, "Why would ANYONE like you? You're so fat." I'm really out-going and people all of the time tell me how hilarious I am and people at work are always surrounding me and joking at laughing at me. I think I have a kick-*kitten* personality, but it's just the weight. I'm so self-conscious about it. Someone probably said maybe he's thinking the same thing, that "I'm a lot older, I'm divorced, single dad...why would she want me?"
    Well that attitude needs to STOP (now!). if you don't think you deserve someone nice, then that sometimes shows to other people and makes you less approachable (romantically). It sounds like this guy does like you if he's talking you up to everyone else...

Either give it a litle more time to see if it progresses anywhere, or just go for it (assuming it won't be too awkward at work if something doesn't work out). There's always that fine line of ruining a friendship, but if you have strong feelings for him, then you probably wouldn't be happy just being friends anyway, right?
  • ChivalrousSailor
    Options
    It might be the body that gets my attention first but a woman with a beautiful smile and sexy eyes intrigues me. If they are caring, sweet, fun, exciting then a gorgeous body is icing on the cake for me. I have a huge crush on someone just like that on here!
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Wow, never expected this many responses...maybe I should give a little more detail.

I've known him for about 4 years because I work with him...not in the same department so I didn't see him that much. I used to think he was the biggest jerk ever. Until, I started babysitting for him and then, I got to see a completely different side of him.

So he invites me to his house for a holiday...with the kids...and then to the county fair...with the kids. At work, people tell me he talks about me. Tells them when I'm gonna be watching the kids, tells them I'm an awesome cook, how funny I am, how smart I am...he even went into where my cousin works at a fast food chain with his kids and was telling her everyone at work was talking about us and thought we were dating. He brought the kids into work to see me. Sometimes, he gives me these looks...I catch him staring at me. He was teasing me the other day and winked at me before he walked away. And yes, once, I looked up and caught him looking at me chest and he jerked his head away and tried to act like he wasn't. He called me this past weekend for reasons I still can't figure out and just talked about random things for about 15 minutes, but never said ANYTHING about asking me out or that he likes me.

So all of these things put together plus a lot more things make me think...yes, duh, of course he likes you. You're a freaking idiot.

Good God woman....does he need to beat you over the head with the "I like you" ball bat for you to see it? It sounds like he's showing interest in you; however, you are not giving him any signs back! If you're too shy or are too self-conscious to have "the talk" with him, at least show some signs--give him a wink back....a touch on the arm when you're talking to him. Something!!!

And the negative self-talk needs to stop! Believe me, I understand where your thought process and sometimes I still hear that little voice in my head....but you need to overcome that and fall in love with yourself first before you can expect it from someone else! Easier said than done, I know....but it can be done!

And for those that say as men get older they are more accepting of larger women...I have a different theory.
    I think as men and women age they generally become more confident and accepting of themselves. So as older men date older women, it may be seem as them being more accepting of body types--but I think they are more turned on by the confidence in the woman regardless of their body type. Just my 2 cents.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    with the above information i would say yes he likes you and is a bit shy around you

if you want to try a relationship with this guy youre going to have to make the move. thats not to say he doesnt like you enough to want to be with you just the fear or rejection can be a bit overwhelming.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm an "older guy". Speaking to my own experience. I don't think us "older guys'" care less about looks and weight. I think us "older guys" , based on experience, tend to put more emphasis on substance, intelligence, priorities, common sense.

Beauty and age are not mutually exclusive. I love intelligent women and I love beautiful women. There's no reason why us "older guys" have to choose between the two. In fact, I have a woman that is both beautiful and grounded. I'd like to add that it's experience, both good and bad, and how a person grows from those experiences that makes them attractive.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm an "older guy". Speaking to my own experience. I don't think us "older guys'" care less about looks and weight. I think us "older guys" , based on experience, tend to put more emphasis on substance, intelligence, priorities, common sense.

Beauty and age are not mutually exclusive. I love intelligent women and I love beautiful women. There's no reason why us "older guys" have to choose between the two. In fact, I have a woman that is both beautiful and grounded. I'd like to add that it's experience, both good and bad, and how a person grows from those experiences that makes them attractive.

I like this answer.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It might be the body that gets my attention first but a woman with a beautiful smile and sexy eyes intrigues me. If they are caring, sweet, fun, exciting then a gorgeous body is icing on the cake for me. I have a huge crush on someone just like that on here!

Nice answer also.