All calories are not the same

Options

Replies

• aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    have you ever eaten raw, unground wheat right after you pick it?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    If pizza is wrong*, I'm ok with not being right.

tumblr_mm8b3pc3o61r1pho3o1_500.gif

*psst- its not wrong!
  • aliciap412
    Options
    humans were killing chickens and eating them prior to the agricultural revolution

just a thought

But an animal still has to be processed. We're not like cats who just eat the animal whole.

you don't need specialized workers and advanced tools to cut up a chicken and cook it. unless you're special in some way lol

specialized tools like fire for cooking, or a knife? Or do you mean specialized tools like a grinding wheel for grain?

Or heat for pasteurization of milk?

I was suggesting #2 or #3, just considering that maybe this is what the OP meant since he's abandoned the thread. I don't really know what he was going for with this so I'm just throwing ideas out.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

Nope. Haven't eaten raw, unplucked chicken right after killing it either.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    well, most fat people are not binging or craving chicken or quinoa. I have never heard anyone say they are binging on baby spinach. They may have the same energy value, they are far from the same. Sugar and highly processed foods lead to blood sugar dips and highs which lead to being hungrier. Timex and Rolex are technically both watches , but the quality is very different.
    The people arguing they are the same, want to justify their treats. If you want pop tarts that is your choice, do not try to say the nutritional value or lack thereof does not matter. It does. be accountable.
    No. No one here is arguing that nutritional content isn't important. People here are arguing the OP's statement that calories are not equal, which is not true. A calorie is a unit of measurement, and as such, a calorie of sugar has the same amount of energy as a calorie of protein, just a pound of dirt weighs the same as a pound of feathers.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Have you ever eaten raw, unplucked chicken right after you killed it?
  • aliciap412
    Options

no but you really don't need advanced tools that were developed during the agricultural revolution in order to do that, now do you?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    most pizza unless homemade is not just toamtoes and cheese lol. If you think so you are deluded. Pizza chains use hfcs and all kinds of chemicals to keep the ingredients stable. Pizza hut dough is premade and spread with all kinds of butter oil, especially the pan pizza, ever see the grease film (yellow) on your hands? Do not try to say frankenfood is just innocent tomatoes and hey what's wrong with that? LOL

What's wrong with butter now?
  • JakiDee
    JakiDee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Nuff said.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    Options

no but you really don't need advanced tools that were developed during the agricultural revolution in order to do that, now do you?

you need two stones to mill wheat. That and hands.
  • NoAdditives
    Options

You know that "agricultural revolution" was the Neolithic era, right? While people were far more advanced at that point than most people understand, their tools were not all that advanced.
  • BeachIron
    Options

Is there a point? Is there are significance to the agricultural revolution in terms of health . . . I mean other than in terms of starvation and creation of society?
  • aliciap412
    Options

by that definition, its man made then?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I would prefer to use tools that allow for the testing of chickens and such to ensure I'm not cooking tainted food...but that's just me.

And what's wrong with using tools? Are you going to shame the gorillas and crows for using "tools" to get their food?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    Options

If a banana is man-made because you have to pick it and peel it, sure.
  • NoAdditives
    Options

And so is a cooked chicken breast?
  • aliciap412
    Options
    I'm simply attempting to brainstorm what the OP meant by man made when comparing pizza and chicken. I thought he may mean the creation of wheat. feel free to disagree and throw out other possibilities.
  • aliciap412
    Options

meat needs to be cooked but is still considered a whole food

plants aren't considered whole foods unless you can pick them up and eat them without needing to manipulate them

I apologize, I assumed this concept was understood by all before posting
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    I'm simply attempting to brainstorm what the OP meant by man made when comparing pizza and chicken. I thought he may mean the creation of wheat. feel free to disagree and throw out other possibilities.
    I think it's a moot point since the OP isn't participating in the discussion.
  • BeachIron
    Options

meat needs to be cooked but is still considered a whole food

plants aren't considered whole foods unless you can pick them up and eat them without needing to manipulate them

I apologize, I assumed this concept was understood by all before posting

You're missing how arbitrary your concept actually is.