Why all the negativity???Where is the Motivation?

Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The only thing I might be negative about it raspberry ketones and detoxing. Nobody needs motivation for either of those.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    The only thing I might be negative about it raspberry ketones and detoxing. Nobody needs motivation for either of those.

lol
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    It's posts like these that make me want to just say "Eff the newbies" and stop giving decent advice.

No ! I think you have to much Intelligence, too much usefull knowledge, and the willingness to help other people for you to stop. I know some of your so called snarky (ha) post have helped me to learn.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously considering staying out of the message board. I read to see how other's may be dealing with certain situations or for some helpful hints with things but I have decided that people are just mean!!! Talk about cyber bullying. Making people feel completely stupid with the stuff they post is form of bullying~:" "indirect bullying", at least in some instances, such as name calling, the silent treatment, arguing others into submission, manipulation, gossip/false gossip, lies, rumors/false rumors, staring, giggling, laughing at the victim, saying certain words that trigger a reaction from a past event, and mocking.". Most of the people on here probably have or have had problems with self esteem and are looking for support and encouragement. They don't need people with their negative arrogant thoughts knocking them in the dirt with every little post. They get enough of that with the society as a whole. I am completely sick at the way people treat other people, especially on a site that is suppose to be for motivational purposes.... Sorry for the total rant... i'm climbing down off my soapbox now and bracing myself for the expected negativity this may draw.:yawn:
    y7JOmvM.gif
    LlEyNiO.gif
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously considering staying out of the message board. I read to see how other's may be dealing with certain situations or for some helpful hints with things but I have decided that people are just mean!!! Talk about cyber bullying. Making people feel completely stupid with the stuff they post is form of bullying~:" "indirect bullying", at least in some instances, such as name calling, the silent treatment, arguing others into submission, manipulation, gossip/false gossip, lies, rumors/false rumors, staring, giggling, laughing at the victim, saying certain words that trigger a reaction from a past event, and mocking.". Most of the people on here probably have or have had problems with self esteem and are looking for support and encouragement. They don't need people with their negative arrogant thoughts knocking them in the dirt with every little post. They get enough of that with the society as a whole. I am completely sick at the way people treat other people, especially on a site that is suppose to be for motivational purposes.... Sorry for the total rant... i'm climbing down off my soapbox now and bracing myself for the expected negativity this may draw.:yawn:
    y7JOmvM.gif
    LlEyNiO.gif

Hey where's your mask ?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I've only really been reading the forums for a few weeks. I think the post-count should be removed from people's posts, I see way too much judgement based on post-count alone. Some people wear it as a badge of honour, and like to disregard others who've just joined, or just started posting. Because you know, this forum is the only place in the whole internet to talk about weightloss *rolls eyes* More often than not, if I see a particularly nasty comment, its from someone with 5000+ posts, who feels entitled to speak in such a way because they've heard it all before.

Also I am already sick of the hilarious 'jokes' everyone likes to repeat. Dihydrogen monoxide is poison LOL!!!!! I am so much smarter than everyone else, nobody realises what it even is LOL!

Cute, real cute.

See, you're one of those people who never actually contribute anything but enjoy complaining about other people's posts all the time. Which sucks, because you're not an unintelligent gal. You'd prefer to sit back on your high horse judging other posters by saying they are on a high horse judging posters.

I appreciate that it could seem that way, I'm probably ruining peoples fun by calling them out if I think they're being smug or nasty. But someone has to stick up for the n00bs. Maybe then, they'll be inclined to stick around long enough to learn some useful information and ditch the fad diets. If they post a thread asking a 'dumb' question and everyone trolls it, how is that helpful?

And I do post non-argumentative stuff. I'm just drawn to the drama like everyone else :ohwell:

Except that you do the exact same thing that you are calling out others on. Like your recent "xenophobe" comment.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    OP- I started to read this thread and quit because I saw all of the usual people who feel they must say something sarcastic in order to be one of the cool kids coming out. It really is too bad so many posters are just posting for a reaction.

Lol. Only difference is I was one of the cool kids, always. And these people never were. That I can 100% guarantee you!

Alas, the rest of us grew up. And, actually were never that rude or obnoxious to begin with.

But...whatever.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    OP- I started to read this thread and quit because I saw all of the usual people who feel they must say something sarcastic in order to be one of the cool kids coming out. It really is too bad so many posters are just posting for a reaction.

Lol. Only difference is I was one of the cool kids, always. And these people never were. That I can 100% guarantee you!

Alas, the rest of us grew up. And, actually were never that rude or obnoxious to begin with.

But...whatever.

Huh?
  • Mslmesq
    Options

But...whatever.

Huh?

Apparently we should talk about AP classes as well? :tongue:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

But...whatever.

:yawn:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

But...whatever.

Huh?

I don't understand what you're talking about. Will you clarify, please?
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    If you want support, then buy a bra.

If you want help, then hire a trainer.

If you want opinions, then definitely post in the forums.

and make sure you substitute your mashed potatoes with cauliflower....case closed.../

Hey now! I like mashed cauliflower... I had it with my dinner.. :tongue:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

But...whatever.

Huh?

AP? High school? Really? Yes. Please oh please tell us more about how cool you were in high school.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I've only really been reading the forums for a few weeks. I think the post-count should be removed from people's posts, I see way too much judgement based on post-count alone. Some people wear it as a badge of honour, and like to disregard others who've just joined, or just started posting. Because you know, this forum is the only place in the whole internet to talk about weightloss *rolls eyes* More often than not, if I see a particularly nasty comment, its from someone with 5000+ posts, who feels entitled to speak in such a way because they've heard it all before.

Also I am already sick of the hilarious 'jokes' everyone likes to repeat. Dihydrogen monoxide is poison LOL!!!!! I am so much smarter than everyone else, nobody realises what it even is LOL!

Cute, real cute.

See, you're one of those people who never actually contribute anything but enjoy complaining about other people's posts all the time. Which sucks, because you're not an unintelligent gal. You'd prefer to sit back on your high horse judging other posters by saying they are on a high horse judging posters.

I appreciate that it could seem that way, I'm probably ruining peoples fun by calling them out if I think they're being smug or nasty. But someone has to stick up for the n00bs. Maybe then, they'll be inclined to stick around long enough to learn some useful information and ditch the fad diets. If they post a thread asking a 'dumb' question and everyone trolls it, how is that helpful?

And I do post non-argumentative stuff. I'm just drawn to the drama like everyone else :ohwell:

Except that you do the exact same thing that you are calling out others on. Like your recent "xenophobe" comment.

The inability to recognize and appreciate sarcasm/wit is apparently highly correlated with the inability to recognize hypocrisy.

At least that's my theory.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to categorize each person on MFP as "cool kid" and "not cool kid"...ideally, with 100% accuracy. At this point, if only someone would step up and guarantee with 100% certainty the status of an entire undefined group of people, that would be really helpful...or something...I think.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

But...whatever.

speaking of hats, lunch is ready.
  • Mslmesq
    Options

But...whatever.

Huh?

AP? High school? Really? Yes. Please oh please tell us more about how cool you were in high school.

Lol. Just out of curiosity, what's your IQ? Or EQ? Take your pick.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

But...whatever.

Huh?

It has been my experience than any adult that still talks about their IQ test and AP classes has, uh, underperformed since high school.
  • Mslmesq
    Options

But...whatever.

speaking of hats, lunch is ready.

Hats? I thought we were talking about beards?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

But...whatever.

UubR8fw.jpg
  • Mslmesq
    Options

But...whatever.

Huh?

It has been my experience than any adult that still talks about their IQ test and AP classes has, uh, underperformed since high school.

Interesting. I've found the opposite to be true. I have found however an extremely high correlation between being a nerd in grade school and never getting over it.
This discussion has been closed.