Why all the negativity???Where is the Motivation?

Options

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dr. VPetryshyn. I don't know which AP classes I took in high school, Though I know I took a few. One was calculus. I can't tell you my SAT, SATII, ACT, or GRE score. IQ? No clue, though I remember being tested when I was young. Why do I not remember these? Because no one cares, least of all me. It would be pretty sad if the only thing I had to hang on to was the fact that I took more AP classes a billion years ago than some random internet commenter.

Seriously, The last time someone actually bragged/asked about any of this to me was when I was an undergrad 8 years ago. He got kicked out of my house party for giving everyone the douchechills.

i'd say you completely missed the point as to why I brought up AP to begin with, but why does that not surprise me. :noway: Never mind.

You insulted a large user base by guaranteeing they weren't the cool kids. Then one poster said "huh?". You then threw in the AP barb implying he probably was also not intelligent.

So in a post commenting on mean people, you called them dumb losers, thus bringing your hypocrisy to full "mean girl" status. Yet instead of a 16 year old girl, you are a 42 year old woman, who while ripping on people for not posting anything useful, also only appears to serve the same purpose.

Funny you should see it that way. See, now I just see a thread where someone vented about the people who come on here and are really negative and invalidating and sarcastic and said that was not motivating in a support forum. And then, then, shocker of all shockers...look at the group that showed up to protest, filled with sarcastic remarks.

And then when someone further called you out on it and said it was like high school...well, yeah. It was too much for me not to comment on.

But, but...I will say IQ is not what I would be concerned with. It's EQ that's way more relevant and yet highly missing around here.

Good luck.

You could of just said "well yea, but you guys like totally started it"
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dr. VPetryshyn. I don't know which AP classes I took in high school, Though I know I took a few. One was calculus. I can't tell you my SAT, SATII, ACT, or GRE score. IQ? No clue, though I remember being tested when I was young. Why do I not remember these? Because no one cares, least of all me. It would be pretty sad if the only thing I had to hang on to was the fact that I took more AP classes a billion years ago than some random internet commenter.

Seriously, The last time someone actually bragged/asked about any of this to me was when I was an undergrad 8 years ago. He got kicked out of my house party for giving everyone the douchechills.

i'd say you completely missed the point as to why I brought up AP to begin with, but why does that not surprise me. :noway: Never mind.

You insulted a large user base by guaranteeing they weren't the cool kids. Then one poster said "huh?". You then threw in the AP barb implying he probably was also not intelligent.

So in a post commenting on mean people, you called them dumb losers, thus bringing your hypocrisy to full "mean girl" status. Yet instead of a 16 year old girl, you are a 42 year old woman, who while ripping on people for not posting anything useful, also only appears to serve the same purpose.

Funny you should see it that way. See, now I just see a thread where someone vented about the people who come on here and are really negative and invalidating and sarcastic and said that was not motivating in a support forum. And then, then, shocker of all shockers...look at the group that showed up to protest, filled with sarcastic remarks.

And then when someone further called you out on it and said it was like high school...well, yeah. It was too much for me not to comment on.

But, but...I will say IQ is not what I would be concerned with. It's EQ that's way more relevant and yet highly missing around here.

Good luck.

Dafuq? You are the one who brought up some weird high school analogy. No one understood wtf you were talking about. Then you just had to comment on your own post? Lady, wth is wrong with you?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    OP- I started to read this thread and quit because I saw all of the usual people who feel they must say something sarcastic in order to be one of the cool kids coming out. It really is too bad so many posters are just posting for a reaction.

Lol. Only difference is I was one of the cool kids, always. And these people never were. That I can 100% guarantee you!

Alas, the rest of us grew up. And, actually were never that rude or obnoxious to begin with.

But...whatever.

Huh?

Apparently we should talk about AP classes as well? :tongue:

AP? High school? Really? Yes. Please oh please tell us more about how cool you were in high school.

Lol. Just out of curiosity, what's your IQ? Or EQ? Take your pick.

Are you really this desperate?

No, apparently I'm just getting bored now. Really, that's your answer? :yawn:

What is this? You show me yours and I'll show you mine? Please, you are the one who speaks of AP classes and how cool you were in high school. Lay it all out there on the table so we can be so very impressed. Go ahead.

As for me? I couldn't care less about any of that. I moved on from that years ago. I have my graduate degrees and my career. Please though, do go on about how superior you are. I honestly don't know anyone who has ever bothered to have their IQ or EQ tested, or if they have, to be so desperate and ill mannered as to drone on about it. I believe that the word is "boorish." Please do go on.

thanks for your opinion of me. I think i might not be able to sleep tonight over it. :yawn: Nope, changed my mind.

Is being sarcastic and snide good or bad? I'm trying to get this sorted out.

I'm just waiting to hear about this jaw dropping IQ and impressive list of post-high school accomplishments.

I mean, we all know that we are now in the presence of not only coolest lady to show up since Lady Gaga, but a person of truly god-like intellect.

Lady Gaga is not cool. :angry:

I wouldn't be the expert.

I'm a 41 year old father of 2 with a desk job, and I certainly wouldn't win any contests for "aging hipster" of the year. My oldest daughter does her best to keep me up to date, but it's a losing battle.

According to my three year old it's all about Angry Birds & Lightening Mcqueen. Duh.
  • g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wow. People should feel ashamed of their behavior.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    OP- I started to read this thread and quit because I saw all of the usual people who feel they must say something sarcastic in order to be one of the cool kids coming out. It really is too bad so many posters are just posting for a reaction.

Lol. Only difference is I was one of the cool kids, always. And these people never were. That I can 100% guarantee you!

Alas, the rest of us grew up. And, actually were never that rude or obnoxious to begin with.

But...whatever.

Huh?

Apparently we should talk about AP classes as well? :tongue:

AP? High school? Really? Yes. Please oh please tell us more about how cool you were in high school.

Lol. Just out of curiosity, what's your IQ? Or EQ? Take your pick.

Are you really this desperate?

No, apparently I'm just getting bored now. Really, that's your answer? :yawn:

What is this? You show me yours and I'll show you mine? Please, you are the one who speaks of AP classes and how cool you were in high school. Lay it all out there on the table so we can be so very impressed. Go ahead.

As for me? I couldn't care less about any of that. I moved on from that years ago. I have my graduate degrees and my career. Please though, do go on about how superior you are. I honestly don't know anyone who has ever bothered to have their IQ or EQ tested, or if they have, to be so desperate and ill mannered as to drone on about it. I believe that the word is "boorish." Please do go on.

thanks for your opinion of me. I think i might not be able to sleep tonight over it. :yawn: Nope, changed my mind.

Is being sarcastic and snide good or bad? I'm trying to get this sorted out.

I'm just waiting to hear about this jaw dropping IQ and impressive list of post-high school accomplishments.

I mean, we all know that we are now in the presence of not only coolest lady to show up since Lady Gaga, but a person of truly god-like intellect.

I wouldn't be the expert.

I'm a 41 year old father of 2 with a desk job, and I certainly wouldn't win any contests for "aging hipster" of the year. My oldest daughter does her best to keep me up to date, but it's a losing battle.

According to my three year old it's all about Angry Birds & Lightening Mcqueen. Duh.

I'll see your Angry Birds and raise you One Direction.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

P

I like you. :drinker:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    100% guaranteed.
    mcbean.jpg
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options

Good luck.

Oh the irony, the hubristic, hubristic irony. It's kinda like those lawyers that put Esq. at the end of their names in correspondence to other lawyers.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Oh the irony, the hubristic, hubristic irony. It's kinda like those lawyers that put Esq. at the end of their names in correspondence to other lawyers.

Don't bother. I don't think she knows that word. I don't think vocabulary is heavily emphasized on IQ tests. Thats more of a focus on like the GRE
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    IM-SO-POPULAR.gif
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    IM-SO-POPULAR.gif

doWvTlV.gif
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

But...whatever.
    BmFUn6M.gif
    AF2elUp.gif
  • Lacey_504
    Options
    I was scared to join this site because of this.... Well I need motivation too and just hope I can find it...
    I'm here too if you need it... We can do it together..
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    so true! i cant stand how arrogant and condescending and mean some people are!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I was scared to join this site because of this.... Well I need motivation too and just hope I can find it...

Lacey forget the boards get a few good friends and you will be fine im so grateful for the amazing supportive friends i have! u can add me if u want!
  • zensugi
    Options
    Honestly? People get called "bullies" for calling bogus diet trends bogus diet trends. It gets freaking old. "Oh no, how dare you say Fat Flush Water/Detox #112/My 21 Day Water Fast is a load of crap? BULLY!"

I do not know what prompted your particular rant, and I honestly don't care enough to browse through your posting history or try and read your mind. I've just quit taking these "everyone's sooo mean" threads seriously because as a whole they are posted when someone cannot tell the difference between calling an idea stupid and calling a person stupid.

New here but I haven't seen any negativity. As a scientist I've seen examples of 'chemophobia' in some of the threads, which mostly show ignorance of basic science. If someone politely corrects those misunderstandings that could hardly be called negativity.
  • akathatoneguy
    akathatoneguy Posts: 38 Member
    Options

tumblr_llgozzeEkC1qafrh6.gif

I love this gif, but seriously...Lady Gaga is not cool.

As to the rest of this thread, bah! BAH, I SAY!
  • bettyann55
    bettyann55 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing! LOL
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

Lacey forget the boards get a few good friends and you will be fine im so grateful for the amazing supportive friends i have! u can add me if u want!
    You do realize that a very large percentage of people on the main forums are EXTREMELY supportive and more often then not when people are referring to cyber-bullies etc what they really mean are people who generally don't agree with them or call them out on BS or unhealthy lifestyles/diets etc It is a wealth of useful individuals and knowledge...if you remember humility and humor go a long way.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    [img][/img]
This discussion has been closed.