Why all the negativity???Where is the Motivation?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    OP- I started to read this thread and quit because I saw all of the usual people who feel they must say something sarcastic in order to be one of the cool kids coming out. It really is too bad so many posters are just posting for a reaction.

Lol. Only difference is I was one of the cool kids, always. And these people never were. That I can 100% guarantee you!

Alas, the rest of us grew up. And, actually were never that rude or obnoxious to begin with.

But...whatever.

Huh?

Apparently we should talk about AP classes as well? :tongue:

AP? High school? Really? Yes. Please oh please tell us more about how cool you were in high school.

Lol. Just out of curiosity, what's your IQ? Or EQ? Take your pick.

It has been my experience than any adult that still talks about their IQ test and AP classes has, uh, underperformed since high school.

Interesting. I've found the opposite to be true. I have found however an extremely high correlation between being a nerd in grade school and never getting over it.

Oh I bet that is interesting! May I see the data, please?
  • andrewmoralesjr
    Options
    i firmly believe that negative people produce negative results. In order to accomplish your goals you have to help as many people you can accomplish their goals and in the process you will learn more. Thats how I've been successful so far in anything I've done. .. ever.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    OP- I started to read this thread and quit because I saw all of the usual people who feel they must say something sarcastic in order to be one of the cool kids coming out. It really is too bad so many posters are just posting for a reaction.

Lol. Only difference is I was one of the cool kids, always. And these people never were. That I can 100% guarantee you!

Alas, the rest of us grew up. And, actually were never that rude or obnoxious to begin with.

But...whatever.

Huh?

AP? High school? Really? Yes. Please oh please tell us more about how cool you were in high school.

Are you really this desperate?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    <<<<< Was a jock, nerd, athlete, overweight, sarcastic, took AP classes, helpful, snarky, genuine, experienced a broad spectrum of emotions

Does not know IQ, EQ,
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

But...whatever.

Huh?

It has been my experience than any adult that still talks about their IQ test and AP classes has, uh, underperformed since high school.

Interesting. I've found the opposite to be true. I have found however an extremely high correlation between being a nerd in grade school and never getting over it.

Funny you should ask. How do you know this isn't a thesis paper for someone right here? This thread alone could supply ample data. :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

But...whatever.

Huh?

Funny you should ask. How do you know this isn't a thesis paper for someone right here? This thread alone could supply ample data. :laugh:

LOLwut?
  • Mslmesq
    Options

But...whatever.

Huh?

No, apparently I'm just getting bored now. Really, that's your answer? :yawn:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    What the heck is going on here?

I don't know what my numerical IQ is but I always did pretty well on standardized tests. I didn't even know there WAS a numerical score for something as fluid as EQ. But!! I do have my Myers Briggs personality type: STFU.
  • whierd
    Options

I don't. I haven't developed telepathy yet. Give me a few more years.

And a thesis paper based on one thread in a fitness forum would be a poor thesis indeed.

So I am going to assume you have no actual data? :angry:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    In, for ludicrous assumptions, embarrassing & pathetic attempts at superiority.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    image.gif
  • Mslmesq
    Options

Don't forget, you're not the only one posting here tonight. Sorry.
  • Mslmesq
    Options

I don't know what my numerical IQ is but I always did pretty well on standardized tests. I didn't even know there WAS a numerical score for something as fluid as EQ. But!! I do have my Myers Briggs personality type: STFU.

that's actually kind of funny.
  • whierd
    Options

Don't forget, you're not the only one posting here tonight. Sorry.

You look nice from the nose down.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

But...whatever.

Huh?

tumblr_lpqmhqxcSH1qmz2ino1_500.gif
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options

But...whatever.

Huh?

LOLwut?

Doctor Jof - Your hypocrisy hypothesis is supported by initial test results. Funding approved for stage three trials. Please fill out the proper forms for continued use of test subject.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

But...whatever.

Huh?

No, apparently I'm just getting bored now. Really, that's your answer? :yawn:

What is this? You show me yours and I'll show you mine? Please, you are the one who speaks of AP classes and how cool you were in high school. Lay it all out there on the table so we can be so very impressed. Go ahead.

As for me? I couldn't care less about any of that. I moved on from that years ago. I have my graduate degrees and my career. Please though, do go on about how superior you are. I honestly don't know anyone who has ever bothered to have their IQ or EQ tested, or if they have, to be so desperate and ill mannered as to drone on about it. I believe that the word is "boorish." Please do go on.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I've only really been reading the forums for a few weeks. I think the post-count should be removed from people's posts, I see way too much judgement based on post-count alone. Some people wear it as a badge of honour, and like to disregard others who've just joined, or just started posting. Because you know, this forum is the only place in the whole internet to talk about weightloss *rolls eyes* More often than not, if I see a particularly nasty comment, its from someone with 5000+ posts, who feels entitled to speak in such a way because they've heard it all before.

Also I am already sick of the hilarious 'jokes' everyone likes to repeat. Dihydrogen monoxide is poison LOL!!!!! I am so much smarter than everyone else, nobody realises what it even is LOL!

Cute, real cute.

See, you're one of those people who never actually contribute anything but enjoy complaining about other people's posts all the time. Which sucks, because you're not an unintelligent gal. You'd prefer to sit back on your high horse judging other posters by saying they are on a high horse judging posters.

I appreciate that it could seem that way, I'm probably ruining peoples fun by calling them out if I think they're being smug or nasty. But someone has to stick up for the n00bs. Maybe then, they'll be inclined to stick around long enough to learn some useful information and ditch the fad diets. If they post a thread asking a 'dumb' question and everyone trolls it, how is that helpful?

And I do post non-argumentative stuff. I'm just drawn to the drama like everyone else :ohwell:

Except that you do the exact same thing that you are calling out others on. Like your recent "xenophobe" comment.

wait do you mean in the 'why do british people drink so much?' thread? The thread that was a complete joke, inspired by a thread about US portion size? I made plenty of sensible, reasonable posts in the portion size thread, despite other people being far from reasonable. And yes, in the joke/mimic thread, I said 'omg u r xenophobe' which I'd assume the thread-starter would have acknowledged as similarly non-serious.

I don't think anyone would have taken that as a serious comment. Considering how highly everyone here regards humour and sarcasm.....
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

that's actually kind of funny.

Thanks. Not much else to say or do here. Don't have any idea what we're arguing about. Getting into a pissing contest about IQ score on the Internet is like arguing about who is the richest.

By the way, I'm fabulously wealthy and agree with that other guy -- you're great from the nose down!!!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dr. VPetryshyn. I don't know which AP classes I took in high school, Though I know I took a few. One was calculus. I can't tell you my SAT, SATII, ACT, or GRE score. IQ? No clue, though I remember being tested when I was young. Why do I not remember these? Because no one cares, least of all me. It would be pretty sad if the only thing I had to hang on to was the fact that I took more AP classes a billion years ago than some random internet commenter.

Seriously, The last time someone actually bragged/asked about any of this to me was when I was an undergrad 8 years ago. He got kicked out of my house party for giving everyone the douchechills.
This discussion has been closed.