Why all the negativity???Where is the Motivation?

Options

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I got noth'n....

dbpjn.jpg

boop..
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    If you're going to use energy to reply to a post, don't waste it with negativity or sarcasm.

... Amuses me
    Be kind!

... Does not amuses me
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    arguing others into submission is normal primate behaviour. Humans do this verbally, while other primates beat their chests, make a lot of noise and stamp on things. Humans are inclined to do that too, if the argument escalates sufficiently.

Bonobos actually do this by having sex with each other.

they use sex for conflict resolution and appeasement... arguing/displaying is conflict. they don't have sex as part of actual conflicts, it's more like the bonobo equivalent of "hey, lets agree to disagree"

This was the point.

I was talking about displaying and actual conflict though (chest beating, arguing) conflict resolution is kind of the opposite... sorry to be pedantic!!! lets agree to disagree :flowerforyou:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I've only read the first page of this topic, but all I know is this(well, it's not all I know :P):

There are ways to treat people, and there are ways not to treat people.

Sarcasm, even though everyone 'speaks' it(a ton of friends on Facebook have 'Sarcasm' as a language), is literally used to try to make a person feel stupid and then makes the person using sarcasm feel all giddy on the inside. Basically, the person using sarcasm is getting pleasure from someone else's pain. I don't know about you, but that sounds like sadism, to me. Of course, sadism without physical pain and -sexual- pleasure. But to me, it's very sadistic-like.

I'm Pagan, and the thing I've learned in life, and the thing that most of the books I've read say:

If it doesn't help you or someone else positively, don't waste the energy.

If someone posts a fad diet, instead of saying things like 'Oh yeah that'll work! Good luck' (sarcasm) or just saying 'fad diets are dumb', you could instead be telling them points as to why this wouldn't work, in a kind manner that actually makes it look like you care about this person's health, even if you could care less. Why use your energy to type up a message that is unkind and sarcastic, when you could fill it with actual information and tips?

If you're going to use energy to reply to a post, don't waste it with negativity or sarcasm.

Be kind!

So . . . . you're Pagan?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    arguing others into submission is normal primate behaviour. Humans do this verbally, while other primates beat their chests, make a lot of noise and stamp on things. Humans are inclined to do that too, if the argument escalates sufficiently.

Bonobos actually do this by having sex with each other.

they use sex for conflict resolution and appeasement... arguing/displaying is conflict. they don't have sex as part of actual conflicts, it's more like the bonobo equivalent of "hey, lets agree to disagree"

This was the point.

I was talking about displaying and actual conflict though (chest beating, arguing) conflict resolution is kind of the opposite... sorry to be pedantic!!! lets agree to disagree :flowerforyou:

I don't think you're getting what I'm laying down. Emphasis on "lay."
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm sending some encouragement your way! You are doing great; keep it up.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of joking around on the forums. I think you're way too sensitive. Lighten up and let it roll off your back. It's all good!
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i am happy to be friends with nice modivating people with no negavity....add me if u want

^^THIS^^
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    *gives everyone the silent treatment*

*insert silent treatment here*

There. My cyber-bullying is done for today.

*stares at you*

Why you bully me, Contrarian?!?! :sad:

*more silent treatment*
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    280tocj.png
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

Uhm. Can I argue with you? Because I frikkin get it. We are in conflict about how much I get it, and that conflict needs to be resolved. Also bonobo is my favorite U2.
  • lilacs211
    Options
    When a message is negative it could be you are taking it too personal you have the option not to read and move on
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Uhm. Can I argue with you? Because I frikkin get it. We are in conflict about how much I get it, and that conflict needs to be resolved. Also bonobo is my favorite U2.

Well, I guess I'll just beat my chest at you. Things could have gone so differently.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    rustledmyjimmies_zpsa6bcbe52.jpg

And to my silent treatment givers:
    baseballhighfives_zps009173ea.gif
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this too. But the bigger problem is the fact that it completely strays from the main subject. Arguing, sarcasm and gif filled threads make it really hard to try to research and Learn. Which is why I'm here, not to watch people rip apart the OP for asking a question.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxm1hjNMdN1qh6mhbo1_500.gif
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this too. But the bigger problem is the fact that it completely strays from the main subject. Arguing, sarcasm and gif filled threads make it really hard to try to research and Learn. Which is why I'm here, not to watch people rip apart the OP for asking a question.

Do you have a question? What would you like to learn?

People get ripped apart on threads like this, on threads about how good "cleanses" are and how someone's aunt nellie really got great results with green tea extract.

I've never seen someone get anything other than support for simply asking a question.

Give me an example if you have one. Oh and welcome.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options

Do you have a question? What would you like to learn?

People get ripped apart on threads like this, on threads about how good "cleanses" are and how someone's aunt nellie really got great results with green tea extract.

I've never seen someone get anything other than support for simply asking a question.

Give me an example if you have one. Oh and welcome.
    Example: "Ma por que??? POR QUE????!!!"
    "No worry, Carlo, we fix you more taco."
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    QUICK!

EVERYBODY HIDE!!!

THE MODS ARE COMING!!!!
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    QUICK!