Like Minded Lushes - August 2010

Options

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    mwuahaha... that's why I like announcing the names... ever tell bout the time I had some butt sex at the bar? :drinker: Butterscotch liquere and hot sex... made for quite the conversation topper!

Hmm... think whiskey and butterscotch liquere would mix well? N I think buttery crown makes for a much more interesting visual! :laugh:

A Buttery Crown is in fact a real drink (well, a shot really). And there are just too many comments to be made about anal sex that I am just going to have to behave.

All joking aside, it's almost quitting time and I have every faith that I will go straight to the gym but I am already letting my mind wander to thoughts of hitting my watering hole later (after a shower of course). What the hell is wrong with me, can't I even make it one damn day!
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    After my camping trip I said I wouldn't drink for 2 weeks. Ambitious I know. But guess what I made it 2 nights. Saturday and Sunday but blew it last night with 4 rye and diet coke. I am such a failure!!!!!

Starting over again today. I am gonig to my mother's this weekend and she has NO alcohol in the house so it should be easy to make it through the weekend.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Sunday = 0
    Monday = 0

I was sooooo tempted to drink last night. My daughters were absolute holy terrors. The eldest kept running into the youngest with her bike (it's been taken away for 2 days), and my youngest ripped apart her favorite bedtime story that her dad reads her & her sister. I really have no idea WHAT has gotten into them...
    I can't drink for the next 72 hours - I have my annual physical Friday morning!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Sunday = 0
    Monday = 0

Pam I am right there with you. We can do this. 72 more hours, then it will be Friday and we can call it good.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I always go to this bar for happy hour on Mondays, because it is happy hour all day on Mondays. Well, the last three weeks I have jogged there as part of the couch to 5k since it is 3-miles away from my house. Some guy last night saw me jogging and said I must be dedicated. I was thinking, I am, but to happy hour, not jogging;)
    Not sure why he would say that anyway, it had rained but stopped. it wasn't like I was running through a downpour!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Not sure why he would say that anyway, it had rained but stopped. it wasn't like I was running through a downpour!

Probably 'cause most lushes at bars for happy hour don't exercise:bigsmile:
  • nautwheeler
    nautwheeler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok, I joined yesterday. Dieting and eating right are not my problem. It is the WINE. I love my wine in the evenings, but I have realized that this causes way tooooo many calories in day. I am trying to go for a week without it. Today is day two of my quest. I'm debating to reward myself on Friday and Saturday, we'll see. Any tips I'm open.:drinker:
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Robin - I think the best course of action is to STAY AWAY from THIS THREAD!!! :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing a lot about the skinny girl margaritas...sold premade in a wine sized bottle...might have to check that out
  • surlydave
    Options
    Ok, I joined yesterday. Dieting and eating right are not my problem. It is the WINE. I love my wine in the evenings, but I have realized that this causes way tooooo many calories in day. I am trying to go for a week without it. Today is day two of my quest. I'm debating to reward myself on Friday and Saturday, we'll see. Any tips I'm open.:drinker:

Welcome. You'r in the right place, but as for tips, well, I'll let someone who has been successful help you out!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing a lot about the skinny girl margaritas...sold premade in a wine sized bottle...might have to check that out

OOOOH if you try 'em and they're good lemme know!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

OOOOH if you try 'em and they're good lemme know!

They are DELICIOUS!!!. Very different from the super sweet/heartburn attack you get from normal margaritas...but I made these once(didn't have triple sec but it was jsut as nice) and it was a big hit!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Have a glass of wine, isn't that how italians live so long?? Just make sure you get enough exercise so that you can allow yourself the extra calories.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    good to know, thanks dumb blondes rock!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

Probably 'cause most lushes at bars for happy hour don't exercise

but I wasn't at the bar yet, I was just jogging by him on my way there!
  • surlydave
    Options
    Maybe he just thought you were hot.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    woohoo, I'm going alcohol free tonight. Have bought some alcoholic ginger beer on the recommendation of a friend but I'm trying to resist it until Friday
  • rjadams
    Options
    oooo that sounds good. ginger beer. Well good for you for resisting. Friday will be here soon enough.
  • rjadams
    Options
    having an internal battle with myself. We are grilling a beautiful rib eye steak for dinner and a nice glass of red would be wonderful. We have some nice Spanish wines I am dying to try. I am trying to convince myself that it won't be worth it. that I really want to stay on the path until Friday. (I am losing the argument right now) aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    step away from the wine!!! You can do this Robin... You know that one glass will lead to the bottle, why hate yourself in the morning?