Like Minded Lushes - August 2010

Options

Replies

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Well I spread a bottle of wine over Thursday and Friday evenings, none last night as personal training session this morning. I lost weight last week despite upping calories to maintenance so I figured I could treat myself to some extra alcohol. Bought 2 bottles of wine today (on offer when you buy 2, see I'm being frugal :) Now I have them in the house it is dangerous as the only way I stop myself from drinking is to not keep wine in the house otherwise the temptation is too much. Spirits I'm fine with, I can mostly even resist the temptation of a cold bottle of beer calling me from the fridge, but wine? the willpower goes out the window.
    Oh well, so I guess this week I am not going to stick to only drinking 2 nights/weekend! :drinker:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I didn't do too badly - although I said I wasn't going to drink for the rest of the week.
    Yesterday I had 2 Coors Light, 1 vodka perrier lime.

now the pressure is on - nothing the rest of the week since my annual physical is on Friday.
    Next weekend however is a different story - my out-laws will take my children for the weekend - so DH and I will get stoooopid together :wink: :smokin: :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Well...my streak of 8 days is over 4 budwiesers at the county fair and 1 and 1/2 margarita at a mexican restaurant...not too bad...not drinking tonight, so day #1 is today
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    yep today is Day1 I will make it to Friday this week.
  • kimmielou1957
    Options
    Alcohol DEFINITELY slows the metabolism!!! BUMMER! I've gone from having three 99-calorie beers a night to three in a week and can see the difference in my gut! I'm gonna' hang with it until I het my goal then add some back on Friday nights!
  • kimmielou1957
    Options
    I want Dara's six pack instead of my mini keg!!!!:laugh:
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Been away for a week. Wow already on page 5. We are a bunch of lushes. I was camping and drinking every day. The funny part is I only gained 2 pounds. Huh!!! Perhaps I don't need to stop drinkiing!!!!
    smwert
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    For those of us who can appreciate the craft of bartending and making wonderful concoctions. My mom sent me this link, I'm excited to try 'em!

http://www.delish.com/entertaining-ideas/parties/cocktail-parties/beer-cocktails-esq0410
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I just realized that it has been four days since I had a drink. I think I am going to go for 7.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I just realized that it has been four days since I had a drink. I think I am going to go for 7.

I am amazed you did that over the weekend! Personally, I am just focussing on today... eating right... working out... not drinking.

The British invasion of Northeast Indiana has been quelled. Amazingly, I am actually a couple pounds lighter than I was before the weekend started. I think our decision to go with a liquid diet Saturday night helped. I still hate my scale. :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    well, it was my first anniversary this weekend. Friday I had to have a drink, to celebrate Friday. Saturday I had a bottle of wine to share that was a wedding gift, then a vodka press with dinner, and a couple of drinks afterwards-a pear martini and then a miller lite.
    Still every Monday I have the same 2 llbs back on the scale, I can get em down by the end of the week and then Monday morning, back again...
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    No drinking yesterday
    none today (but it's only 12:46) :wink:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well...my streak of 8 days is over 4 budwiesers at the county fair and 1 and 1/2 margarita at a mexican restaurant...not too bad...not drinking tonight, so day #1 is today

I lied and drank like a lush yesterday....today will be day #1
  • nisijam5
    Options
    No drinking yesterday
    none today (but it's only 12:46) :wink:

Stay away from the pool...it's a beer magnet
  • mamaturner
    Options
    I've drank every day since thursday.... 1 thurs (buttery nipple... mmmm:tongue: ) 4 crown n cokes Fri, uh... like 10 crown n cokes saturday... yesterday 4.. hubs made our first today around 12... sorry yall, it's our Sunday
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I've drank every day since thursday.... 1 thurs (buttery nipple... mmmm:tongue: ) 4 crown n cokes Fri, uh... like 10 crown n cokes saturday... yesterday 4.. hubs made our first today around 12... sorry yall, it's our Sunday

lush, lush, lush, lush
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Jessica, why don't you just eliminate the middle man and go straight for the buttery Crown? If nothing else, I won't smirk like a teenager every time you say nipple.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Teehee, nipple..... :laugh:

Had more vodka/Rose's Friday night, but I had already budgeted for them, so I won't feel bad anyways! :tongue: And my impromptu party was a bit of a bust, so no boozing there either. And Sunday night me and some friends went to a small local amusement park. Not sure if they even sold alcohol, but I couldn't have afforded it if they did. Again, being broke is really helping with the not drinking. If anyone is really struggling with a drinking problem, feel free to send your excess money to me, and I guarantee it'll help! :bigsmile:

My company just hired a new group of people, so I'm sure I'll be boozing with them in the next week or two (my poor wallet :sad: )
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Jessica, why don't you just eliminate the middle man and go straight for the buttery Crown? If nothing else, I won't smirk like a teenager every time you say nipple.

I know...the visual gets me everytime
  • mamaturner
    Options
    mwuahaha... that's why I like announcing the names... ever tell bout the time I had some butt sex at the bar? :drinker: Butterscotch liquere and hot sex... made for quite the conversation topper!

Hmm... think whiskey and butterscotch liquere would mix well? N I think buttery crown makes for a much more interesting visual! :laugh: