Like Minded Lushes - August 2010

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    . Can you guys settle an argument - he says there are 6 glasses of wine in a bottle, I only seem to find 4...strange.

I agree with just peachy I only get 2 or three. 2 if it is red and 3 if it is white. that being said a bottle actually has 5 5oz servings for calorie counting purposes.

Kim and Pam - I failed. DH opened a bottle of red with dinner last night and I had 8 ounces. I did stop at the one glass but I didn't make it until Friday. the good thing is that I had cut my cal goal by 200 this week so I had the room and didn't go over my normal intake goal. I will try to be good for two more nights.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    . Can you guys settle an argument - he says there are 6 glasses of wine in a bottle, I only seem to find 4...strange.

I agree with just peachy I only get 2 or three. 2 if it is red and 3 if it is white. that being said a bottle actually has 5 5oz servings for calorie counting purposes.

Kim and Pam - I failed.

Stick it out, sister!!!

I agree with the 5 glasses per bottle; but, I don't like it!!!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    There's only two glasses of wine per bottle! :laugh:
    especially when this is 8 oz in my wine glasses....
    Photo525.jpg
  • MsBS
    MsBS Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, party people! I think I've found my group. I've been bouncing between the same ten pound range for a decade. Basically, I drink too much and hit 160, freak out and go dry and workout-obsessed for a week or two until I'm under 150, then feel awesome and go out to celebrate my newfound hot body by drinking too much. Rinse and repeat.

My August goal is to cut down on the midweek drinking and exercise off every alcohol calorie consumed, which is going to be a lot because of weddings, bachelorette parties, and cookouts.
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Well I did stick to my goal in July of drinking twice a week. Now that we are in a new month, for August I don't want to drink at all. Let's see how I do with that.
  • casl00
    casl00 Posts: 19
    Options
    I decided to cut out the coke part of my bourbon and went with water..
  • nisijam5
    Options
    There's only two glasses of wine per bottle! :laugh:
    especially when this is 8 oz in my wine glasses....
    Photo525.jpg

This is why I always order the bottle instead of a glass at restaurants...cause this is what they serve me and then I feel ripped off...ummm, I have a bottle please....oh, and kill the elf
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I've been bouncing between the same ten pound range for a decade. Basically, I drink too much and hit 160, freak out and go dry and workout-obsessed for a week or two until I'm under 150, then feel awesome and go out to celebrate my newfound hot body by drinking too much. Rinse and repeat.

Exactly. Only it's more like 15lbs.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Kim- it's also cheaper to buy the bottle!
  • rjadams
    Options

See I knew it was better to drink a whole bottle. :tongue:
  • nisijam5
    Options

See I knew it was better to drink a whole bottle. :tongue:

I know:bigsmile: ...but, it looks quite odd that I have a whole bottle:love: and hubs only has a beer:blushing:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I know:bigsmile: ...but, it looks quite odd that I have a whole bottle:love: and hubs only has a beer:blushing:
    [/quote]

Nope to me it looks like you know how to enjoy yourself :wink: :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    oooh something went amiss with my quoting there...sorry
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options

I believe what you meant to say was that it looks quite fiscally responsible. Yeah, that's it. :laugh:
  • rjadams
    Options

Nope to me it looks like you know how to enjoy yourself :wink: :drinker:
    [/quote]

I believe what you meant to say was that it looks quite fiscally responsible. Yeah, that's it. :laugh:
    [/quote]

I like your thinking, iguanaliz
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    yes, frugal. I am quite frugal. This is also why you can't let a drink go to waste. Also, a bottle of wine doesn't keep very well, you're pretty much forced to drink it within a day or two!
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    It makes me laugh if they have a note on the back saying ' once open drink within x number of days' seriously, they think it would last that long?? lucky if a bottle survives a few hours, let alone days.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Ever get one of those emails that says that offers household tips....if you have any leftover wine, freeze it in ice cube trays and use it for cooking in sauces....Yeah, right

Also, we are in a recession and I have to do my best to budget appropriately
  • MsBS
    MsBS Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yes, frugal. I am quite frugal. This is also why you can't let a drink go to waste. Also, a bottle of wine doesn't keep very well, you're pretty much forced to drink it within a day or two!

Any Arrested Development fans here?

Michael: You finished off the whole bottle?
    Lindsey: I had to, it's vodka. It goes bad when you open it.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I loved the show, but my husband didn't...

Okay - day 3, NO ALCOHOL!!! :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: