Like Minded Lushes - August 2010

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    way to go Pam.
    I failed again. (the bottle of wine from the previous night was still around since I only had one glass so there was another 8 oz. left and I felt it was my duty to finish it off before it went bad. the good news is that I am being so diligent on everything else that the scale is moving this week.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I loved Arrested Development!
    Didn't drink Sunday, but drank Monday (2 beers), Tuesday (margarita, 3 beers), and last night (3 glasses of wine).
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Today will be officially Day 7 without alcohol if I make it thru the night...I highly recommend illness, it curbs both the appetite and alcohol intake...I don't know if I have ever gone this long before
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    well I have a day off work tomorrow so technically my weekend starts now :smile: Think a nice cold glass of wine might be in order. I was super good last weekend, only had one proper beer and 2 alcohol free ones...soo I think I'm due a more naughty weekend now. See how well I managed to talk myself into opening the bottle :drinker:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Today will be officially Day 7 without alcohol if I make it thru the night...I highly recommend illness, it curbs both the appetite and alcohol intake...I don't know if I have ever gone this long before

I remember... I was pregnant with my last one. 8 months without - at the end I just needed a damn beer! Day after my c-section, hubby snuck in thai food and beer and we watched Hockey. BEST EVER BEER!!!
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    been away for awhile,only lost 3 lbs in July,I think my goal was 8.i'll take it though.I've kept the drinkin very low,nah just kiddin I been drinkin the same.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options

I remember... I was pregnant with my last one. 8 months without - at the end I just needed a damn beer! Day after my c-section, hubby snuck in thai food and beer and we watched Hockey. BEST EVER BEER!!!

That is freakin awesome!!! I was with ya too on wantin a beer!

Sippin on a buttery nipple right now.. tee hee. Thinkin with *hopefully* not having the baby this weekend, we'll get a bottle of crown and just simply relax... course we'll throw in a few games of intense badminton and a bike ride or too... but that's it! I did clean the house from head to toe yesterday... yet as I look around at the mess he created in 6 1/2 hours... I want to cry...
  • rjadams
    Options
    Tonight was success. No open wine bottles and no giving in. The best part is that tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options

What about the babies!!!! Lushes!!!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options

What about the babies!!!! Lushes!!!

Silly, babies don't drink beer. And actually I didn't drink until I was done nursing.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    haha - awesome, "babies don't drink"!! :laugh: :laugh:

last night had a beer - coors light.
    tonight is XFit, so no drinking.

Now time to buckle down and get serious - annual physical is next Friday. I need to stay clean!!!:noway:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    HI all! Well I have so far spent August pissed and therefore have just found this august version.......my sister and nephews have been at mine on hol and we have had a great time BUT I am pigging 6lbs up on last Thursday , not only the copious amounts of a whole variety of alcohols but also crisps and nuts, nuts coated in stuff that makes em taste like crisps, crisps that taste like nuts and of course olives and then sweets and ice-creams and desserts and did I mention crisps so maybe it aint the alcohol???? lol! I just lose the capacity to control myself ;)))))

Anyway is anyone able to beat that? 6lbs on in ONE week, I was a little shocked when I got on the scale this morning (at this rate may need a weigh-bridge lol!)

Goals? well I think I can compare myself to the England World Cup team and have to declare that goals and my ability to achieve them has been, well , CRAP! so to look forward with optimism (that could be interpreted as delusional!) here are my goals for the foreseeable

so I am not having any alcohol tonight, or saturday or sunday....... I go away on hol on mon till thurs, wonder if i can keep it down to 4lbs on?
    I HATE BEING FAT but I do love a gin n tonic and..... well you know! How does one learn the art of moderation????????
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I think I have been avoiding my own message thread. Not good.

Ever wonder what happens when two Lushes combine forces? The world finds out tomorrow.
  • nisijam5
    Options

Ever wonder what happens when two Lushes combine forces? The world finds out tomorrow.

I think I've lived the outcome and know the ending....hell, I'm the only lush I need
  • rjadams
    Options

Yep and I ended up marrying him after 10 years of just living together and being lushes. Now we are happily lushily married. it is all good.

So the scale says I lost 1.8 pounds since last Friday. It was a good week and deserves good celebration with wine tonight. I put a whole bottle on my food diary plan, not just half a bottle tonight!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Took off work yesterday; didn't drink but had a lot Wednesday night. Two glasses of vodka w/Rose's pomegranate twist....and I think both glasses had more vodka than mixer!

Dinner w/bf again tonight, so I'll probably have more of the vodka/Rose's. I was thinking about throwing an impromptu party tomorrow, in which case I must have libations, so I think I finally decided that my week does indeed start on Fridays! :D
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    I messed up yesterday. My goal was to drink only 6 ounces of wine with dinner each night. Last night, there was 8 ounces left in the bottle, so I poured it all in my glass. I was within my calories, but still... Tonight's goal is easier because it's different for Fridays and Saturdays. I get my 6 ounces of wine plus up to 3 ounces of hard stuff. I have it all logged already. :tongue: :drinker:
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options

TALK ABOUT A CLIFFHANGER!!! DO TELL!
  • MsBS
    MsBS Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was terrible last night. I met my neighbor for one quick drink, and we ended up closing down the bar five martinis and a half bottle of wine later.... I did complete a killer workout at the gym prior and then completely forgot about dinner because I was too happy sipping, so my calories were under.
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new and found this thread just now and this sounds right up my alley. I am usually very good during the week with drinking but weekends I tend to go overboard sometimes. I help out a band and when they have shows (usually on the weekends), we tend to party pretty hard. My goal for August is to be as good as I can and limit my drinking big time! I think this is the hardest part of my diet for me. If I do go overboard at all, I plan on making sure that I work extra hard working out to keep my food/exercise ratio in check!

Here we goo.... :)