Like Minded Lushes - August 2010

Options

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I had a great day yesterday. good exercise, healthy food within calories and no alcohol. so today I will just do it again. Easy peasy.:tongue: I hope. I can do this. :noway:

You and me both sister!

Heavy workout, no need for alcohol. Mind you, at 2 a.m. while hubby was sawing wood in my ear, I could've used a shot of vodka!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even want to know the number:noway: :sad: :blushing:

Guys (or should I say gals for the most part).... I am a total failure. I have not worked out in a week, have drank daily, the scale is creeping upward on me, and so I start yesterday with the plan to go to the gym and avoid the bar. And I did the exact opposite.

Well, the opposite is more fun!!!!:bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Home drinking is my big problem, I'll open a bottle of wine while making dinner and suddenly it's empty.

I know exactly how you feel...when I go to pour another glass and it's gone...I'm like, "Where's the wine?"

Some elf must be lurking around the house taking it when I am not looking.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    You and me both sister!

Heavy workout, no need for alcohol. Mind you, at 2 a.m. while hubby was sawing wood in my ear, I could've used a shot of vodka!

Or, a shotgun!!!:mad:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options

Maybe I should get a cat to catch the elf.
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even want to know the number:noway: :sad: :blushing:

Ditto on that.

Guys (or should I say gals for the most part).... I am a total failure. I have not worked out in a week, have drank daily, the scale is creeping upward on me, and so I start yesterday with the plan to go to the gym and avoid the bar. And I did the exact opposite.

Granted, mentally this week seems like a throw away, what with Alisonengland and her band of Brits (aka family) invading my town Saturday. Baseball + Brits = beer + brats. God save the Queen.

Maybe I'll track one or two days, just out of curiosity:drinker:

And no, you're not a total failure. You're just "success challenged"! It is definitely a weird week for me. Between trying to get all my work done before heading south, and wanting to be south already, I'm in a very strange place with everything right now! I will admit to imbibing last night, so now I have to be extra good until Thursday. :grumble:
  • elipticallover
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am new to MFP and think I have found the group for me :drinker:
    I love nothing more than a cold beer with dinner and a rum and coke to de-stress at the end of the day... needless to say I don't enjoy the lighest of beers and my drink does not have 1oz of liquor in it... :laugh: soooo... it adds up.

I want to limit the nights I drink to 3 per week - difficult in a summer full of beach gatherings, birthdays, and BBQ-ing... but I will try. I had a beer last night, and already have happy hour plans for thursday, and a party on sat. so I will to stick to those three days :drinker:

August Goal... to get out of the 150's and no more than 3 nights of drinking per week... :bigsmile:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    OK, I think I've decided what my goals are. They're not lofty, but they're at least something.

I am going to limit myself to one 6-ounce glass of wine with dinner each night. Friday and Saturday nights, I will allow myself an additional 3 ounces of hard stuff (tequila, rum, vodka, etc.).

I sort of do this anyway, except the wine sometimes reaches 8 ounces, and the extra booze sometimes finds its way into Sunday nights. I've lost 30 pounds, so what I've been doing works, but I have 5 more to go, and it's getting tough, so it's time for me to buckle down and get tough too.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

I call that phenomenon the wine fairy....you know the deal...you reach out for your wine glass and realise it's empty when you are sure it was half full when you put it down....:(
  • nisijam5
    Options

I call that phenomenon the wine fairy....you know the deal...you reach out for your wine glass and realise it's empty when you are sure it was half full when you put it down....:(

I think I am the wine fairy 'cause when I drink with hubby I always grab the fuller glass swearing up and down it's mine
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options

I call that phenomenon my husband. He is always drinking the wine when I open it for me. but I guess I can share.
  • just4peachy
    Options

I call that phenomenon my husband. He is always drinking the wine when I open it for me. but I guess I can share.

So no drinking near nisijam5 or rjadams. Check.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Greeting fellow lushes. I'm on vacation right now so my goal of 2 dry nights a week will have to wait until I get home. I seem to have a wine elf inhabiting our travel trailer. Cheeky thing seems to be sucking back half my wine (at least). My 1 beer a week husband is having 1 a day, phew. Yesterday he had a beer in the afternoon an a glass of wine with dinner. After eating he announced that he felt woozy - like it was a bad thing. Can you guys settle an argument - he says there are 6 glasses of wine in a bottle, I only seem to find 4...strange.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Another drink free night - woo-hoo! I can do this!
  • just4peachy
    Options
    Greeting fellow lushes. I'm on vacation right now so my goal of 2 dry nights a week will have to wait until I get home. I seem to have a wine elf inhabiting our travel trailer. Cheeky thing seems to be sucking back half my wine (at least). My 1 beer a week husband is having 1 a day, phew. Yesterday he had a beer in the afternoon an a glass of wine with dinner. After eating he announced that he felt woozy - like it was a bad thing. Can you guys settle an argument - he says there are 6 glasses of wine in a bottle, I only seem to find 4...strange.
    I only get 2 or 3...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Another drink free night - woo-hoo! I can do this!

Me too!!! However, my hubs Sam Adams looked mighty good.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    My Dh was drinking vodka... after my 20 vodka drinks on the weekend - I couldn't!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night I was going to have one marg and two beers, but I ended up having three, not too bad...
  • elipticallover
    Options

4.... for sure! :)
  • elipticallover
    Options
    last night i was ready to give in... but i didn't... i got this blueberry-pom juice that I plan to mix with vodka and some sparkling lemon flavored water... OMG so freaken good.... but it will have to wait... unless the BF drinks all the juice before then :grumble: