Like Minded Lushes - August 2010

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    having an internal battle with myself. We are grilling a beautiful rib eye steak for dinner and a nice glass of red would be wonderful. We have some nice Spanish wines I am dying to try. I am trying to convince myself that it won't be worth it. that I really want to stay on the path until Friday. (I am losing the argument right now) aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even worse, my hubs opened a bottle of nice chianti with dinner...I managed to resist....stay strong
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I had one glass. bottle has been recorked. FAIL!!!! oh well. tomorrow is a new day. at least I am not over on calories.
  • AuntMimi2010
    Options
    Praise the Lord for finding this thread!!! I too am a victim of wine abuse! I love love a glass of red wine. Thought I was the only one in the world who succumbs to the entire bottle. And, I'm not gonna lie...there are times when I drink more than one bottle. I feel disgusting and hungover the next day, which usually means I eat like crap the next day as well. I do manage to only drink about once a week. Who cares though when in one sitting I drink enough to have lasted me every night. I know this has to be a reason for my weight gain. My job makes me want to run away many days, so I get lost in that delicious bottle of cabernet, pinot noir, or chianti. It feels oh so glorious to relax in the evenings. My goal is to limit it to one bottle a week...IF I have the calories left over. Today is Tuesday and the last time I drank was on Thursday.. I'm sure by Thursday or Friday I'll be aching for a fix.

Anyone willing to friend request me for support? I'm new and only have a few friends. Poor me:)
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Ok here's the plan,I loaded MFP with my intended cals for the day,plan on drinkin 9 Lite beers from Miller this evenng,was over by like a little over 100 cals,so what is a true Lusch to do?

I'll tell you what I did,I will go ahead and mow the front yard only which will burn another 200 to 300 cals according to my HRM and now I can add at least two more Miller Ltite's,problem solved!:drinker: :laugh: :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night I wasn't doing anything and I had my calories logged and completed my entry, under calorie goal, and then I went and fixed myself a margarita. Not sure why, but I couldn't talk myself out of it!
  • tex43
    Options
    Last night I wasn't doing anything and I had my calories logged and completed my entry, under calorie goal, and then I went and fixed myself a margarita. Not sure why, but I couldn't talk myself out of it!

I applaud you for only having one Margarita,that is an accomplishment in and of itself!!!!!
  • LJK100
    LJK100 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OK....I was quite happy to see this supe "Lush Bunch" thread...I have been alcohol free for one week today. I can't believe how much better I feel from just that short amount of time. Have also been on the 1200 calorie target and on the treadmill for the past three days, haven't lost any lbs...but am oddly not bummed out about it. I gotta credit better attitude to the non fuzzy alcohol head. Anyway...super cool boyfriend coming over Friday and am fixing dinner...am WAY more worried about the drinking than the food. Am hoping to maintain a reasonable couple glasses of wine and stay away from Margaritaville.... He doesn't really drink, well, not excessively, so whatever will no doubt be fine with him. Any suggestions staying on track here?
  • tex43
    Options
    OK....I was quite happy to see this supe "Lush Bunch" thread...I have been alcohol free for one week today. I can't believe how much better I feel from just that short amount of time. Have also been on the 1200 calorie target and on the treadmill for the past three days, haven't lost any lbs...but am oddly not bummed out about it. I gotta credit better attitude to the non fuzzy alcohol head. Anyway...super cool boyfriend coming over Friday and am fixing dinner...am WAY more worried about the drinking than the food. Am hoping to maintain a reasonable couple glasses of wine and stay away from Margaritaville.... He doesn't really drink, well, not excessively, so whatever will no doubt be fine with him. Any suggestions staying on track here?
    Get you a good work out ,better than usual,burn 400 to 500 cals or more and then you don't have to worry about one or two to many glasses,have fun!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I bought some MGD 64 because I was trying to be "good"... but OMG that stuff is just nasty! Life is too short, and I'm too nifty, to not drink Newcastle. And if it means I've got to run the stairs to have enough calories left to drink it, so be it.

A room temperature Newcastle is pretty good motivation.....
  • nisijam5
    Options

Well...they're delicious...

Have you tried the skinny girl margaritas to shave some cals?
  • nisijam5
    Options

getting a little tipsy could make the date better:devil: :smokin:
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    So I'm finally back from my Key West adventure! Oddly enough, I drank less while I was on vacation than I do when I'm not! Perhaps it was the brutal heat (which was bad, even for me and I live in Tampa!), or perhaps it was the lack of harassment from the villainous clients, or perhaps it was because I was too busy stuffing my vodka-hole with Florida lobster, key lime anything, and other goodies? I actually haven't had a drink since Saturday -- and vacation didn't end until today!

Which is not to say that I lost weight. Because I certainly didn't do that! Some of that lobster was tempura, dipped in honey, after all. But I didn't gain, either. So I'm chalking that up in the "win" column. Of course, now that the villainous clients know I'm back, they've stressed me out already and I would love nothing more than to end my day with a few drinks. But I can't because I have an early appointment and must behave.

My mini-goal now is to get to the gym twice this week, and stay away from my precious vodka until at least Saturday. Or Friday. I'll decide based on that gym thing :ohwell:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    So I'm finally back from my Key West adventure! Oddly enough, I drank less while I was on vacation than I do when I'm not! Perhaps it was the brutal heat (which was bad, even for me and I live in Tampa!), or perhaps it was the lack of harassment from the villainous clients, or perhaps it was because I was too busy stuffing my vodka-hole with Florida lobster, key lime anything, and other goodies? I actually haven't had a drink since Saturday -- and vacation didn't end until today!

Which is not to say that I lost weight. Because I certainly didn't do that! Some of that lobster was tempura, dipped in honey, after all. But I didn't gain, either. So I'm chalking that up in the "win" column. Of course, now that the villainous clients know I'm back, they've stressed me out already and I would love nothing more than to end my day with a few drinks. But I can't because I have an early appointment and must behave.

My mini-goal now is to get to the gym twice this week, and stay away from my precious vodka until at least Saturday. Or Friday. I'll decide based on that gym thing :ohwell:

Maybe you should be like the flight attentant who cursed them out on speaker, grabbed a couple beers and left for the day via the slide shoot....my HERO
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey Lushes,

I got the skinny on the skinny margaritas...apparently, there is a huge shortage on the stuff 'cause it's so popular and they didn't make enough...a girl at work bought 2 CASES from the local liquor store...I got the last bottle from my place and the guy said they can't even order anymore

37 calories an ounce...I can't wait to try it this weekend
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    there's a recipe for the skinny marg on hungrygirl's website. It sounds like a regular margarita to me! A real skinny marg would be tequila with club soda and lime. It tastes pretty good and the only calories are in the tequila.
  • iguanaliz
    Options

Maybe you should be like the flight attentant who cursed them out on speaker, grabbed a couple beers and left for the day via the slide shoot....my HERO

Mine too! Although I would have snagged the entire beverage cart. Heck, if you're going to jail, you might as well do it up right!
  • iguanaliz
    Options
    Hey Lushes,

I got the skinny on the skinny margaritas...apparently, there is a huge shortage on the stuff 'cause it's so popular and they didn't make enough...a girl at work bought 2 CASES from the local liquor store...I got the last bottle from my place and the guy said they can't even order anymore

Is that the stuff from Bethanny on Real Housewives? (Hey! Don't judge me :blushing:) I've heard good things. In keeping with my true lushness, what's the alcohol content?
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I love Key West. It's the place I alwasy say I am going to just go to when I want to run and hide.

Maybe it's just me, but 37 calories an ounce doesn't sound good. Regular tequilla has about 69 calories an ounce. Seems like you could get more bang for your buck just using regular tequilla and a smarter mixer (club soda & lime, crystal light, etc).
  • shellishell
    Options
    BUMP! We all need to stick together - my weakness is 1-2 nights every other weekend, about 6 beers with each occurrence, when I don't have my kids and my husband and I act like kids! LOL
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey Lushes,

Is that the stuff from Bethanny on Real Housewives? (Hey! Don't judge me :blushing:) I've heard good things. In keeping with my true lushness, what's the alcohol content?

That's what the bottle says...Bethenny

Calories for 1.5 oz...37.5
    Carb 1.43 g
    & most important
    Alcohol 12.7%