Like Minded Lushes - August 2010

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but 37 calories an ounce doesn't sound good. Regular tequilla has about 69 calories an ounce. Seems like you could get more bang for your buck just using regular tequilla and a smarter mixer (club soda & lime, crystal light, etc).

37 calories for 1.5 oz...for me, it's about quality...if it tastes like a real margarita with 1/4 of the calories...I'M IN!!

I can't even stomach light beer...it's just not worth it to me...I blame living in Germany...got super spoiled
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    AH! I may have to run to the store today to get some so I can enjoy this weekend... does it look bad going into a liquor store with a toddler trailing?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    AH! I may have to run to the store today to get some so I can enjoy this weekend... does it look bad going into a liquor store with a toddler trailing?

Absolutely not!! That's our main reason for drinking!!!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    haha good... I remember going to the liquor store with my parents while growing up... all I cared was I got my candy! lol.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    that reminds me of friends with small children took them to a bar with a volleyball pit in the back. they called it "the sandbox" and took buckets and toys and let the kids play in the sand while they were drinking at happy hour. They could walk there so...
    Also, "I'm outdoorsey, if by "outdoorsey" you mean drinking on patios!"
  • nisijam5
    Options
    that reminds me of friends with small children took them to a bar with a volleyball pit in the back. they called it "the sandbox" and took buckets and toys and let the kids play in the sand while they were drinking at happy hour. They could walk there so...

Sounds like good parents...fresh air, sandbox, supervised
  • nisijam5
    Options
    double post
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options

Here, here, I'll drink to that. :drinker: :drinker:

oh and I made it thru last night so only tonight to go.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Yep - only tonight to go. Tomorrow is the physical, and tomorrow night a toppy dinner at a tony resto with full bodied french wines.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: OH, so you *saw* us last weekend! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Having a bit of a bad day, on 3rd glass of wine and have a v strong urge to raid the cupboards for anything unhealthy I can find to stuff in my mouth. It's my first real destructive food urge I've had since I joined MFP :cry: hey ho, I'm resisting so far...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Having a bit of a bad day, on 3rd glass of wine and have a v strong urge to raid the cupboards for anything unhealthy I can find to stuff in my mouth. It's my first real destructive food urge I've had since I joined MFP :cry: hey ho, I'm resisting so far...

Oh, the alcohol can lead to indiscretions on many levels:devil: ...stay strong....:noway: don't do it
  • GingerKid
    Options
    I think I found my home! :love: It's my biggest downfall. It drives me to eat bad things as well as the calories from the booze itself.

I haven't quite figured out a goal for this "month" as I *just* found this thread today.

I did want to say re: vacation, I found I didn't drink as much as I do at home because I was busy, engaged in what I was doing, etc. Being at home is so routine, there's a big entertainment factor to drinking for me.

I have to run right now, but wanted to join in ASAP so I don't forget!

:heart:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    welcome gingerkid.. I had to giggle, my bro calls himself a ginger all the time..

Total fail... wanted the skinny margarita.. couldn't find.. Had to get something naturally it's like 90+ out there.. long hard day of work.. got a Smirnoff Savannah Tea (yummm!!!) but 110 cals per 1.5 oz... my guestimated 8 oz serving.. 1320 cals... yikes.... To stick it to the can, tee hee.. I may have another...

yea.. been one a them days, lol
  • rjadams
    Options

Oh, the alcohol can lead to indiscretions on many levels:devil: ...stay strong....:noway: don't do it

Sorry you are having a bad day. I am sure you can stay strong. and enjoy the wine.

I am so looking forward to tomorrow and then to complete unadulterated drinking for days. I am going camping for 4 days and I plan on putting the Lush in Lush!!!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    [double post.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    So, is it bad that I looked at my remaining calories after dinner and decided that I needed to go to the gym so I could have a couple of beers? I guess it's motivation, right?
  • mamaturner
    Options
    rjadams- enjoy it!! You CANNOT repeat you CANNOT camp without drink!!

stellcorb- not at all (in my opinion) that's what this is all about, making sure your enjoying life and yourself without going overboard... ps don't look at my food diary today..

drink 3... I gave up keeping track of cals today.. tomorrows a new day damnit!
  • rjadams
    Options
    FAIL!!! okay so I was celebrating. I made my mini goal yesterday and had to celebrate. I am at 144 this morning. 1 pound under my goal for sunday. I had wine and then buttery black russians. it was a good night. And camping starts tomorrow so copius amounts of alchohol will be consumed.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Somebody tell me how the skinny girl marg in a bottle tastes! Last night had one Kirin with my bento dinner. Wednesday I had two Annapurna Amber ales, but instead of the burger and fries I had the crabcake and corn chips. Baby steps!