Men in Kilts- Yea or Nea

Options

Replies

• msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Completely hot! Ignore your friend.

I intend to. I told her Zak Wylde wears one. I had to tell her who that was and showed her a pic of him on stage in one. She said,"well, he's a rock star." my reponse was. "See. I wera a kilt, I look like a Rock Star!"

For anyone arguing "against":

hC10E348A

I was gonna say Axl Rose circa 1990...yes...anybody else NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    A Scotsman clad in kilt left a bar one evening fair....

Well, everybody's heard that one.

Sure, if you want to wear a kilt go ahead. But is it considered business casual or formal evening attire?
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Yes, fit men in kilts simply earn bonus points. Fulfill many a romance novel fantasy of a rogue scotsman. Just sayin.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    if you are Irish or Scottish, yes. If not, then you look like a poser.
  • fervc
    fervc Posts: 19
    Options
    Heck yea.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    are they comfortable?

boxers, briefs, or commando?
  • KayLasMack
    KayLasMack Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Kilts, I can deal with. But men in skinny jeans, leggings, or capris... I just cant!!!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    kilts = hotttt
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Ah, the eternal Renaissance Faire debate: tights or kilts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08rY7Sj7XTc
  • segwayne
    segwayne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    As a kilt-wearin' Scotsman, I'd like to add my "hell yeah" to the mix...

While I'll look awesome if I can ever reach my goal weight, even now I've gotta let the breeze blow occasionally. It's in my nature, and it's a lot of fun to amble through the local Target on a Friday night...

Being kilted to me just adds to the incentive to look my best, and to work towards getting that way... They just kind of look at me funny when I wear one to work...

Headed to the Maryland Renaissance Festival this weekend if I can manage, and you can bet your *kitten* I'll be full on kilted. Only question is, Wallace or Cleric tartan...

Wayne
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My husband has a little Scottish blood, but he would never go for it. I think self-confidence and a heritage connection are key!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    It takes a real man to wear a kilt! A friend of mine had a sister that was getting married and she was adamant about him dressing formally for the occasion. She just didn't specify what the formal attire should be, so he showed up in complete kilt attire down to the proper shoes and the claymore. That has become his only formal wear. He even went to a function at the Arkansas governors mansion. Not at all shy about his kilt.
  • segwayne
    Options
    > are they comfortable?

I would wear a kilt every day if I didn't get strange looks at work... They're incredibly comfortable and make it SO much easier when walking/hiking, or even running...

> .. or Commando...

... As the good lord intended...

Wayne
  • segwayne
    Options
    > you look like a poser...

How exactly does one "look" Scottish or Irish?

Wearing a kilt and getting away with it is ALL in the attitude and presentation... It's NOT for the meek, and yeah, it might look a little out of place on some people, but only YOU can decide if you can pull off a kilt.

Now, *telling* people you're Scottish when you're not. That would be posing...
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    are they comfortable?

Shhh do not tell! Us ladies, that is 50% of the cat nip. The surprise
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I love them, especially if they are red heads!
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    are they comfortable?

so just kinda mix it up? Im just curious if there is a certain kilt etiquette as far as the undergarments goes
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Being of Scottish heritage I may be biased, but definitely yes! (I have attended so many Celtic events that it doesn't even phase me to see guys in kilts)...my first engagement, the men were going to wear kilts - when I approached my brother about it, he "confessed" that he had been looking for an excuse to have/wear one!

MORE importantly, what YOU WANT to wear is what you should wear! Be you! :smile:
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    are they comfortable?

so just kinda mix it up? Im just curious if there is a certain kilt etiquette as far as the undergarments goes

I say try all three see which suits your fancy!

You must carry yourself properly in a kilt, aka man strut.
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Here in Seattle, Utilikilts are common. Go for it, they are awesome!