Corn is not a vegetable

Options

Replies

• AdrianasMombie421
    Options
    Corn is a grain and is not good for you..
    It's a high-glycemic grain

Tons of evidence you've provided supporting your statement.

lol, right?
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think there have been a few studies that say that corn can help improve cholesterol levels due to some fatty acid it contains can help reduce absorption or something...I don't remember. Nor do I care. Corn is yummy and you can have my corn when I die, and you can lay it right next to my potatoes.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Well, corn ISN'T a vegetable...
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Corn is a grain and is not good for you..
    It's a high-glycemic grain

I'll take one for the team and eat your corn. I'll also eat your bacon since smoked/cured meats are carcinogens and not good for you. Oh, and your tomatoes and eggplant as they are nightshade vegetables and they are poisonous.

Yep, tons of methanol in tomatoes, you might as well drink gallons of evil diet drinks!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    A bowl of frozen corn in the summer is as sweet as ice cream ^__^ yum~
  • schmetterling1
    schmetterling1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! Corn on the cob!!!! (with butter, oh my) :love:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I hate corn. I like pop corn though.
    As the body cannot process the skin of corn...I read this as....You Poop Corn. I do too. I like you.
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A bowl of frozen corn in the summer is as sweet as ice cream ^__^ yum~

I have to try this...
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

See, now maybe you just haven't had it the right way. You take a cob of corn, a half stick of butter, and a clove or two of garlic. Melt the butter and roll the corn in it along with the smashed garlic. Wrap in tinfoil with extra butter pouted into it. Grill until done.

Either way, I'm with you on the popcorn! :bigsmile:
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Who cares...it's yummy. And better than many other things. You don't like it OP...don't eat it. :noway:
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    DAFUQ? Let me guess, you like Obama?

LMAO, you almost made me spit out my cornflakes
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    DAFUQ? Let me guess, you like Obama?

I like Obama AND I love corn. So there.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    robert-mankoff-i-ve-never-seen-the-corn-this-bad-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

bbcorn_main.jpg
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    - One medium-sized ear of corn provides over 10% of our daily requirement for dietary fiber.
    - Studies have shown that a high intake of lutein and zeaxanthin is associated with a significant reduction in the risk of a chronic eye disease called macular degeneration. Age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) is not some obscure medical condition - it is the leading cause of legal blindness among the elderly. According to the National Eye Institute, 6.5% of the population over 40 has symptoms of ARMD, for which there is no cure.
    - Lutein and zeaxanthin may also play a role in slowing the development of cataracts. Since lutein and zeaxanthin are the only carotenoids detectable in the lens, researchers believe that these powerful antioxidants may protect the clear proteins in the lens from undergoing the oxidation that causes them to become cloudy.
    - Corn contains beta-cryptoxanthin, another cousin of vitamin A that is being studied for its possible role in slowing bone loss associated with aging, reducing the risk of inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis as well as various forms of cancer, especially lung cancer.
    - Corn is a good source of the vitamin folate that supports cardiovascular health and significantly reduces the risk of neural tube birth defects.
    - Corn contributes thiamin (vitamin B1) that helps the body’s cells convert carbohydrates into energy. It is also essential for the proper functioning of the heart, muscles, and nervous system
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I like corn because it allows me to put butter and salt on it.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    But why is it in my poop? I didn't even eat any??!!?
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    corn = my friend.

i'm sensitive to gluten, so if you take away my corn tortillas I WILL KILL YOU.

TACOS FOREVAAAAAAA :drinker:
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Define vegetable o declarer of things.

I love corn on the cob or buttery popcorn. Or creamed corn. Or nixtamalized corn.

I eat lowish carb, but please spare me your anti-grain horror stories unless you have some solid science to back it up.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Look at all the bullies in this thread! We're all here for the same reason. Why aren't you supporting the OP?????

if you don't have anything nice to say or you don't agree with her, you don't have to post. Just move on!

(Someone had to say it, right?)
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    As the body cannot process the skin of corn...I read this as....You Poop Corn. I do too. I like you.

:laugh: