Corn is not a vegetable

Options

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    But...without corn, there is no cornbread...

I'll eat my corn, thank you.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    OP is right. I used to be 770lbs and I didn't know why. My BMI was 1150.6 and I knew it was time to change.
    I researched my medical journal/youtube and discovered that all my excess weight was due to corn! I lost 600lbs in 2 weeks. From Precious to Miranda Kerr.
    So long corn, hello feet!

With a BMI of 1150.6 and weighing 770 lbs you'd be < 2 ft tall. So, you probably need to lose a little more than the initial 600. Thank goodness you found MFP. We are all here to help you on this jouney. Unless you eat corn. Or soy. Or pop-tarts. Or grains. Or meat. Or pizza not made with cauliflower crust.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I love corn.

This!^

I know better than to have meat, potatoes & corn and call it a well rounded meal .... but corn is not a "bad food"

This!!! Seems like for every food out there--there's someone who claims it as "bad"

I see you're new here....supporting evidence to back your claim is recommended.

The evidence is everywhere! All you have to do is look it up. Corn is a major money maker so of course its going to be pushed and pushed BIG. Corn is everywhere....in cereal...ice cream...meat...pickles....cheese....animal feed...vitamins....GAS!!...you name it it's in it. The ingredients don't always say corn so you have to learn the lingo....dextrose...dextrin...modified food starch...ascorbic acid...and on and on.

Look it up!

I do eat corn very rarely and I ALWAYS make sure I know my source. ONLY ORGANIC....none of the GMO crap!
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Corn is also used to FATTEN the animals that we eat quickly so that the seller can sell it quicker.

Hmm.....I don't know if I want to eat something that is used to FATTEN anything.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Corn is also used to FATTEN the animals that we eat quickly so that the seller can sell it quicker.

Hmm.....I don't know if I want to eat something that is used to FATTEN anything.

I mean...is that all you are going to eat? Are you going to eat a trough full? I think that if the answer is no, then you will be ok...
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    OP is right. I used to be 770lbs and I didn't know why. My BMI was 1150.6 and I knew it was time to change.
    I researched my medical journal/youtube and discovered that all my excess weight was due to corn! I lost 600lbs in 2 weeks. From Precious to Miranda Kerr.

With a BMI of 1150.6 and weighing 770 lbs you'd be < 2 ft tall. So, you probably need to lose a little more than the initial 600. Thank goodness you found MFP. We are all here to help you on this jouney. Unless you eat corn. Or soy. Or pop-tarts. Or grains. Or meat. Or pizza not made with cauliflower crust.
    What, MFP doesn't cater to round midgets?? I'M SO DONE WITH THIS PLACE!!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Strong logic, cows and humans are 100% alike
  • bcattoes
    Options
    I love corn.

This!^

I know better than to have meat, potatoes & corn and call it a well rounded meal .... but corn is not a "bad food"

This!!! Seems like for every food out there--there's someone who claims it as "bad"

I see you're new here....supporting evidence to back your claim is recommended.

The evidence is everywhere! All you have to do is look it up. Corn is a major money maker so of course its going to be pushed and pushed BIG. Corn is everywhere....in cereal...ice cream...meat...pickles....cheese....animal feed...vitamins....GAS!!...you name it it's in it. The ingredients don't always say corn so you have to learn the lingo....dextrose...dextrin...modified food starch...ascorbic acid...and on and on.

Look it up!

I do eat corn very rarely and I ALWAYS make sure I know my source. ONLY ORGANIC....none of the GMO crap!

Yes, ascorbic acid (also known as vitamin C) should be avoided at all costs.
  • bcattoes
    Options

No! Don't go. You can do this. You just need to eat clean.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    What do you use to fatten up cattle? CORN
    Get educated
    Most corn is gmo
    Grains are not an essential nutrient ....no one needs them to survive

Commercial cattle are fed corn, but they are fattier than their grass fed counterparts primarily due to lack of movement. Cattle that are allowed to roam and graze are leaner because they get more exercise.

We don't need fish to survive either, but that doesn't mean we are better off without it.

Also, while you can survive without corn/grains, it isn't the specific food. Grains contain nutrients that we DO need to survive and be healthy. You can get those nutrients from other sources, though, so you can live without the grains.

There isn't any one specific food or food group that we NEED to survive. We get our nutrients from the variety we eat, though. That includes grains.

I'm just stepping in to point out that the type of corn that cattle is fed is NOT the same type of corn grown for human consumption. So what cows eat has no bearing on the human corn conversation. Continue....

You're forgetting that humans eat the meat/milk from those cows, so in an indirect manner, yes, it does have bearing on humans.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Look at all the bullies in this thread! We're all here for the same reason. Why aren't you supporting the OP?????

if you don't have anything nice to say or you don't agree with her, you don't have to post. Just move on!

(Someone had to say it, right?)

smoking-baby-good-luck-stopping-me-im-behind-seven-proxies.jpg
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options

No! Don't go. You can do this. You just need to eat clean.
    The next step is to cut out dairy, carbs, sugar, fat and actual food. Only protein from now on. I want to look like a muscle while I'm dying,
  • nitenichiryu
    Options
    It's maize...unless you like feasting upon the calloused skin from someone's foot...which some may, and who am I to judge?

This thread is now about feet. Discuss.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Watch this documentary: King Corn

I've seen that one. Pretty interesting.

However at no point during the documentary did I develop the idea in my mind that corn is bad.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options

"Black Anvil" approves of your shenanigans.
    676461-blackanvil1.jpg

1582724-anvil4.jpg
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, corn :love:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwSWICVgatz3tCj6Dh3v3uLGYpx-VH_x4ZVudas1renKbKpVI4
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlTGOCaNKX1hCVB2L5OOMIbcWBU5hYl-CJkgysEGYq4cPtczxZyg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFbvTrq9HsTEIGqPoNMjCUEs5n4BaLTBi5LEOfXz4k1eqp7Ehp
  • awelmore
    awelmore Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    All the folks on Rocky Top get their corn from a jar....

Just sayin'
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

derptastic...

Devil_corn_by_pureflipper.jpg

I come to FATTEN you up....derpitty doo dah, derpitty day....
  • FloraDelirus
    FloraDelirus Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    But...without corn, there is no cornbread...

I'll eat my corn, thank you.

I agree... Corn Corn Corn Corn.... NOM NOM NOM.

And now, a word from our sponsor! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyeY0hWU28I
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options

derptastic...

Devil_corn_by_pureflipper.jpg

I come to FATTEN you up....derpitty doo dah, derpitty day....
    Cornzilla! Cornzilla! And Cornzuuukkkiii.