Corn is not a vegetable

Options

Replies

• cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Of course, others insist on the grain classification and most New York politicians like the vegetable classification."

I grew up across the street from a New York state cornfield.

Worst thing about it was fertilizing season. EEEEWWWWW!!!!!

Yes. I live in upstate NY downwind of a corn field. There are a few days in late spring when you can't open the windows (or breathe too deeply) thanks to the ish smell.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think the deliciousness comes from the butter and salt, not the corn itself.

Then you've had some really lousy corn.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    everything, everywhere is terrible for you.
    someone, somewhere has some 'evidence' that it is bad.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    troll alert..troll alert...

but you can pry the corn from my cold dead hands...!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love corn...and popcorn...I will NEVER give up Popcorn!!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I eat popcorn everynight. What will happen to me? Am I going to die? If so, when?
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    OP is right. I used to be 770lbs and I didn't know why. My BMI was 1150.6 and I knew it was time to change.
    I researched my medical journal/youtube and discovered that all my excess weight was due to corn! I lost 600lbs in 2 weeks. From Precious to Miranda Kerr.
    So long corn, hello feet!
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Corn is a grain and is not good for you..
    It's a high-glycemic grain

Of course, that's why they feed it to pigs.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Corn-Palace_zps5ff2c202.jpg
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Options
    I love corn. And many other grains. And vegetables :tongue: I also love cookies. Ok bye

Cookies!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    OP is right. I used to be 770lbs and I didn't know why. My BMI was 1150.6 and I knew it was time to change.
    I researched my medical journal/youtube and discovered that all my excess weight was due to corn! I lost 600lbs in 2 weeks. From Precious to Miranda Kerr.

:laugh:

Well, if this isn't proof then I don't know what is.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options

:laugh:

Well, if this isn't proof then I don't know what is.
    I can't help being so goddarn inspirational.
    You could be like me.
    If you didn't eat corn :angry:
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Options
    I hate corn. I like pop corn though.
    As the body cannot process the skin of corn...I read this as....You Poop Corn. I do too. I like you.

Lulz
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    What do you use to fatten up cattle? CORN
    Get educated
    Most corn is gmo
    Grains are not an essential nutrient ....no one needs them to survive

Commercial cattle are fed corn, but they are fattier than their grass fed counterparts primarily due to lack of movement. Cattle that are allowed to roam and graze are leaner because they get more exercise.

We don't need fish to survive either, but that doesn't mean we are better off without it.

Also, while you can survive without corn/grains, it isn't the specific food. Grains contain nutrients that we DO need to survive and be healthy. You can get those nutrients from other sources, though, so you can live without the grains.

There isn't any one specific food or food group that we NEED to survive. We get our nutrients from the variety we eat, though. That includes grains.

I'm just stepping in to point out that the type of corn that cattle is fed is NOT the same type of corn grown for human consumption. So what cows eat has no bearing on the human corn conversation. Continue....
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    As the body cannot process the skin of corn...I read this as....You Poop Corn. I do too. I like you.

Lulz

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Again I am in a business environment here...now stop it...

PS I read it that way too...:blushing:
  • FloraDelirus
    FloraDelirus Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Oh dyslexia, how I love you.

I read this as, "I hate corn. I like corn poop though."

Do you know how hard it was, being a receptionist, reading this entry JUST as the phone rang? I had to wait till the second ring before I could answer the damned phone and not be burst out laughing in the customers ear?

h4F6B968D
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    If corn is the worst thing in your diet, you got some first world problems.

If corn isn't the worst thing in your diet, then concentrate on those foods first, then start weeding out real food that you think is "bad"
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Corn is a grain and is not good for you..
    It's a high-glycemic grain

Do you not get tired of trolling? How many of these types of threads are you planning on starting?