What group were u in at High School

Options

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Geek: Loved math (Trigonometry was AWESOME), took computer classes (anyone remember programming LOGO on an Apple 2E?), lettered in Music & Drama, was a favorite target of the jock/cheerleader crowd.

College was so much better for me!!!

This would be me minus the math, adding in science. I loved my science classes. All my spare time was in the choir room, or after school at musical rehearsal. I was on the swim team, but at my school that really wasn't saying much.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Hippie(not a tree hugger)....hair down my back, bag in my sock.
    Led Zepplin on the radio.
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wasn't really "in a group" back in high school as, being introverted, I tended to march to the beat of my own drummer. If you want an analogy, think of all three male characters in Breakfast Club (Athlete, Intellect, and Criminal) and roll them all into one. Everyone knew me, and I had lots of "acqaintences", but having an intimidating appearance helped keep away the riff-raff and un-esirables.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Hippie(not a tree hugger)....hair down my back, bag in my sock.
    Led Zepplin on the radio.

can I braid your hair, Cliff?
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I don't remember.
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't remember.
    Sounds like a STONER to me
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    We called ourselves the loners/outcasts/elevator kids. There were 4 people originally and then give or take boyfriends and girlfriends at the times. I went there until i got broken up with by someone else who was an original person in the group and then i became basically a real loner and went my own way and in my spare time i'd go sit in a field or something.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Everyone called me a "burn-ock". I also loved marching band.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    ... took computer classes (anyone remember programming LOGO ...

I didn't take computer classes in school because I was never going to have to use one of those things. LOL The computer classes at our school taught, if I recall, COBOL and FORTRAN and, again if I recall correctly, we were the only high school in the city to have its own computer... which took up an entire room in the basement level. :)

Yeah, I'm old. And now I sit in front of a computer 8 hours a day at work, and use the one in my phone all the time. It's just crazy.

As for the group I was in back then? Choir geek. And probably "leftover."

I SO aced FORTRAN class! The computer teacher actually knew very little about computers, and my dad is a programmer, so I often helped the teacher figure out what was going on.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Band Geek / Nerd / Jock - I was in the marching band and science club, but I also ran Cross-Country, Wrestled and my best friend was a Football player.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I don't remember.

I had a horrible accident and ended up with amnesia. THANKS THOUGH.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I was a gymnast, cheerleader, did track and all the plays/musicals, in addition to debate team and yearbook, so I pretty much fit in with everyone too.
  • That_car_is_full_of_balloons
    Options
    the got along with everyone people =

no one ever noticed me and i didnt get bullied
  • CantStopWontStop92
    Options
    Proud nerd:) *pushes up glasses* I dated a guy who had since graduated but was a popular jock when he'd gone to our school. The school about imploded.
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't remember.

I had a horrible accident and ended up with amnesia. THANKS THOUGH.
    Obviously kidding, sorry about your accident. I did forget a lot of high school by being stoned through it though.
  • That_car_is_full_of_balloons
    Options
    greaser
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Not sure there was a name for us. There were a few of us that just listened to reggae all day and avoided anything vaguely strenuous. No activities, no sports, no nothing.
  • BeautifulArtemis
    BeautifulArtemis Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Stoner :)
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    "leftovers"...I like that...

Me, too...I played football, soccer and track, was in honors and AP courses, was in newspaper, drama/choir and JROTC...most of the kids I hung out with were all over the place, too. Of course, part of the randomness was due to my Army brat-ishness, too...
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Band geek! What what!! Actually didn't play an instrument, I was captain of the colorguard but for whatever reason they considered us "part of" the band.. :glasses: the coolest of the dorks!