Replies

• iamwilso
    iamwilso Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    No particular group, bit of an outsider really, still am...lol
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I was in the group that sat alone and did math homework during lunch, got picked on constantly for being fat, had no friends, got rejected by girls and as a result never got to go to a single high school dance including prom. I had the mindset that things would get better later in life. I am now 33 and the doing math homework part paid off because I have an engineering degree and a decent paying career, but the rest is the same... fat, no friends, stared and laughed at constantly, and yet to have a girlfriend because I am not what girls want.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Jock.

I spent a lot of time hanging out with your kind...
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I was on the debate team, yearbook committee, language club. All the good nerdy stuff
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    I was in the "she comes from a really poor family so I'm going to make fun of her clothes, hair, shoes, and sister until she becomes the hot chick who gets asked out by all our boyfriends when we're not looking then tells them they're pathetic losers" group.

Party of 1 until the goth kids welcomed me into their group because they thought my thrift shop threads were awesome.

Not really, but I blocked out the real story. There was trauma.
  • That_car_is_full_of_balloons
    Options
    I was in the group that sat alone and did math homework during lunch, got picked on constantly for being fat, had no friends, got rejected by girls and as a result never got to go to a single high school dance including prom. I had the mindset that things would get better later in life. I am now 33 and the doing math homework part paid off because I have an engineering degree and a decent paying career, but the rest is the same... fat, no friends, stared and laughed at constantly, and yet to have a girlfriend because I am not what girls want.
    im sorry to hear that
    i hope you find that missing happiness someday
    fight on brother
    youre not alone. most of us are chasing it too
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    gothy hippie / music & theater freak
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    Debate, Model UN, AP kids, and all the good nerdy stuff.
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The weirdo kid that draws and gets sick a lot. I didn't really have a group. It was just me, even my best friend had a group, that I didn't fit into.
    But, you could lump me up with the weirdos.

In my senior year (No friends, different school) I was so absent because of medical issues, that my teachers, STILL didn't know my name by the end of the year. I was often stopped by teachers because they forgot i attended there. :I
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I was in the "she comes from a really poor family so I'm going to make fun of her clothes, hair, shoes, and sister until she becomes the hot chick who gets asked out by all our boyfriends when we're not looking then tells them they're pathetic losers" group.

Party of 1 until the goth kids welcomed me into their group because they thought my thrift shop threads were awesome.

Not really, but I blocked out the real story. There was trauma.

*hugs* Yeah, I came from a really poor family too, so I understand the feeling. I was also one of four white guys in the school, which prevented any girls from showing interest. Really, playing sports was the only thing that saved me from sitting alone all the time and doing schoolwork.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I was one of the weirdoes/loners.

Hung out with the nerds sometimes (because of shared conceit), but I wasn't into computers, chess or studying so I was a bad fit. Later on, I also hung out the stoners sometimes (because of shared interests :wink: ), but I wasn't into the whole "lifestyle" so not a good fit there either. Got into sports at one point but never hung out with the jocks. I had a core social circle of about three equally weird guys that I actually liked.

On the subject of bullying, I was a short, fat, penniless recent immigrant attending a magnet school on scholarship, so... I took a truckload and a half of abuse ages 11-14. Then I grew up overnight (not too much, but enough), lost weight and became a decent swimmer. People pretty much just left me alone afterwards.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I was a loner I guess.

I have a bit of an off-beat personality so I never really fit in with any group. Just before starting high school, I had to move so I started high school with a bunch of people I didn't know. Sadly, because I was introverted and struggling with my own self-esteem issues, I was the target of bullies. Needless to say, it wasn't the happiest time in my life, but I made it through.

I was actually really tiny in high school, but I was still bullied terribly. There was this one boy was who over six feet tall (I was only five feet) who hated me for some reason. Once, when I was on crutches, he shoved me in front of a bus as it pulled to the curb and I was almost ran over. He was a star athlete so the school did nothing.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I was Jeff Spicoli from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High".
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I briged the gaps .. I traveled in all the groups, never belonging,
    just a floater buwt I was unique, they all liked me .. stoners, geeks,
    jocks, in crowd .. I had lots a friends.
  • desertSNOUT
    Options
    sad_zps0717fa46.jpg

I was homeschooled. I didn't have any friends except M*A*S*H and the crew of Deep Space Nine.
    Margret Houllihan got me through some tough spots during ages 16-18.
    I didn't have my first date until I was 19 almost 20.

Homeschooling is the best way to tell your kid he is worthless and unfit to be around others whilst ensuring the emotional and psychological damage magnifies that for observers.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Stoner/grunge, until grade 11...then more of the rock/metal type...loner?
  • rob32768
    Options
    Was a computer geek and still am
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    had a small group of close friends my age (freaks/geeks/arty types - almost all work professionally in their respective art today), but also hung out with groups in older years and other schools. was in bands. used to make my own clothes, dye my hair, etc. too high-strung to be a good stoner. repressed nerd who found classes boring; i skipped all the time, only just passed most classes, & just because i'd ace the final (luckily was good at taking tests). dropped out for a year. brought up my senior year average to a respectable enough gpa to get into all the universities i applied to (though that didn't go according to plan, either, lol). i had one pretty awful boyfriend, otherwise was too nervous to date much. have since discovered that a lot of the guys i had crushes on liked me back, ha. i don't know why everyone envies the young
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to be the dude out of "Heathers" who killed everyone
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I was labeled many different things, but I did not fit anywhere. My natural introversion coupled with social anxiety, a growing depression, my general oddness, and my background of poverty, fused into a toxic mix that made me a favored target for bullying. The friends I managed to make, I had little in common with or bullied me as well. I ended up transferring to an online school for my senior year.