What is the nastiest piece of food you have ever chewed on?

Options

Replies

• nothinghere
    Options
    Most foods I can't stand, it's because of the slimy texture (tomatoes, mushrooms, some kind of herring thing I once bought at Ikea). But the winner has got to be american cheese. It's the one thing I just can't stand the taste of. To this day just the smell of it makes me think of vomit.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Kimchi.... I win.... Horrible yucky
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Kimchi.... I win.... Horrible yucky
    :heart: kimchee
    Especially fried with rice or a side with Korean bbq. Yummy!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Lamb cause it's ....gamey.
    Okra cause it's snot-like.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    it's a drink, but, boza, a bittersweet/sour liquid made of fermented yeast and cereal.

Imagine you got some kind of bug and vomited until you got to bare yellow bile, then rinsed your mouth with water, like 4-5 times. The faint memory of sickly sweet that's left, that's what boza tastes like. The texture is like the stuff that came out on the first heave.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Liver!! The taste, the texture and the smell.....oh my gawd!

There are other things I refuse to taste, lol, but there are many, many things I like. ;-)
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Raw banana. I just... can't. It has to be blended into a smoothie or I can't eat it. Carrots are the devil. I also can't stand orange flavored things. Oranges themselves are delicious, but orange juice, orange sauces, orange soda, orange candy, orange medicine, or anything along those lines are gross.

For some reason I LOVE brussel sprouts but mostly everyone I know hates them... Tender and juicy brussel sprouts with butter om nom nom!
  • Wooly_I_am
    Options
    Watermelon
  • amyelyseneer
    Options
    warm dill pickles on any sandwich, I like dill pickles, but they need to be required by law to be served cold and crispy.

I hate potted/smoked meat or fish, celery and mayonnaise, but I LOVE tuna fish salad sandwiches with celery and mayonnaise, so how is that a thing?

Borscht (blech! my mom instilled in us a love of our cultural heritage food wise, but she even thinks Borscht is gross and so that's a full on 100% learned from mom food hate there)

Beets (see borscht)

and any over cooked veg, if it's not got some crunch left to it, I can't eat it. I will eat an entire raw bell pepper like it's an apple and want more when I am done, but if you heat it up I will chuck it at your head and ask you why you want to kill me.
  • 123im4u2c
    Options
    Bear meat!!! UGH!!!! Rattlesnake, a close call! The bear tasted like paste, but gamey! the snake I can't describe
    Escargot ( snails )
  • ziggiezambi
    Options
    sauerkraut :sick:
  • 123im4u2c
    Options
    Love Liver and fried onions, but it has to be calves
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I have to say the most interesting part of this thread for me is not what people don't like, but what I do like in comparison. Apparently I am not a picky eater in any way.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Sea urchin sushi...just saying it makes me puke a little in my mouth.
  • Gabrial5
    Options
    A raw mussel.
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    garlic snails at a french restaurant. Just awful.
  • exmsde
    exmsde Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    After work one day a few of us got in a friend's Cessna and flew down to Atlantic City just for the hell of it. This was the old pre-gambling Atlantic City at its nadir. We went into a steak house and the "steak" was so awful that we all agreed it must actually be monkey meat. To this day all food must pass the "monkey meat" test.

Note, I will eat and enjoy almost anything. Though I was incredibly relieved that while on a business trip to China my hosts, despite my repeated assertions I was willing to try anything, did not attempt to order Sea Cucumber. I haven't heard a westerner say anything positive about the experience.

And, unless what I had in Atlantic City back in the 70s actually was monkey meat, I have never eaten monkey. One of my brothers was not so lucky. On a business trip to Korea decades ago he was served monkey brain.
  • clownfear_7
    Options
    vegemite. Doesn't even deserve a capital letter it's so bad.
  • _tam_
    _tam_ Posts: 257
    Options
    Tripe! Bleh!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    the slimy bits of chicken that are near the tiny bones in a chicken leg

barf. I'm not anti-meat or anything, but I am pescetarian and so glad I do not eat it any more.