What is the nastiest piece of food you have ever chewed on?

Options

Replies

• MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    However, there have been a couple of things: seaweed salad at a grocery store deli (it was horrendous - have since tried it elsewhere and it was more...you know...meh)

I LOVE seaweed salad! I love gulab jamon and halvah, too.

DH will be happy to see that okra and brussels sprouts are on so many lists. He won't touch either. He doesn't like the texture of mushrooms, so if he gets any in a dish when we're out to eat, he gives them to me.

To be fair, I should probably try seaweed salad at a good place instead of a grocery store deli. lol It may be a quality thing. The first one was absolutely nasty though. Second one I could at least finish.

I don't love okra, but it depends how it's cooked, too. I love Brussels sprouts when they are smaller and not overcooked. And you're not getting my mushrooms. :)
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Cow liver hands down, tasted like blood tough as shoe leather.
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise...can't even touch it, it makes me gag
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    walden farms peanut butter

I've heard this a lot. Never gonna try that!
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm not a picky eater at all but Sushi was pretty disgusting to me. And it was an expensive type of sushi from a good restaurant too
  • dizzysmile
    dizzysmile Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    One time I was at a buffet and I took what looked like these breaded green beans, basically. They looked good. I took a bite and it was the fishiest, nastiest thing I'd ever tasted in my freaking life. My fiancé just laughed and asked, "What were you expecting?" When I told him what I thought it was he took me over to the table to see it... It was tiny little entire fish, eyes and all. I'd bitten one's head off. :(
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms.

Blerch. :sick:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds because they make my throat swell up :sad:

Makes me mad because I know they're good for you and I wish I could eat them.
  • 7x57
    7x57 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    tried monkey tripe soup in rural Mexico many years ago and couldn't get passed the first spoonful.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    Mayonnaise...can't even touch it, it makes me gag

Mmmmm makes everythang taste good! KRAFT!!!!
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    DURIAN!!! Nastiest "fruit" on the planet!!! Smell rotten with a mushy, nougat-like texture...if you can get past the smell!!! A travel writer described it best:

_"its odor is best described as pig-****, turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock."_
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    tried monkey tripe soup in rural Mexico many years ago and couldn't get passed the first spoonful.

WHAT?! Are you sure this wasn't in Guatemala or something? You must have cattle tripe. Nothing like a fresh bowl of menudo after a nasty hangover.
  • Elieplo
    Options
    caviar.....and it stinks too...
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    buttercream and/or candy corn blech
  • VictoriousLion
    VictoriousLion Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The Brussels sprout!
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    seaweed that sh*ts f*cking nasty
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Hands down, it's Lutfisk... My great grandparents were born in Sweden and my grandpa has a taste for it. Whitefish, lye, and salt? No thank you! BLURGH! :sick:

Also I had some yogurt while I was on a train from Madrid to Paris. I can't remember the brand but it was in a glass container. The texture was the worst ever.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Chicken feet
  • CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Pancakes with bacon and sirup on it.... so nasty...
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Vomit flavored trick candy I got tricked into eating. I was told it was mango flavored...