What are the top 5 things you recomend to do to lose weight?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• jennie1801
    Options
    1. Don't compare your path with somebody else. Be proud of your own accomplishments.
    2. Drink enough water. My doctor told me you should drink half of your body weight in ounces.
    3. Keep active. Try to walk, go to the gym, or stay active with projects so you are moving.
    4. Log your calories.
    5. Don't give up. we all have days we struggle but try try again.
  • Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    1)Log everything you eat, even on cheat days.
    2)A couple cheat meals will set you back but won't kill you
    3)A food scale and measuring cups are an absolute necessity for accurate logging.
    4) Consistency is key
    5) Drink plenty of water. Giving up on soda and other sugary drinks saves you hundreds of calories and carbs.
  • cagefan
    cagefan Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    1 - MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE your food !!!!!
    2 - Drink WATER!!!
    3 - Log intake
    4 - Find support!!!!!!!!
    5 - HAVE FUN!!!!! if you do workouts that you dread you wont do it !!!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    1. Drink water, water, and more water
    2. Eat clean, get rid of processed foods
    3. Move every day, find something you like doing that involves movement. Exercise can come in many different forms, it doesn't have to be torture.
    4. Log your food and track your macros, make sure you are eating enough and not too much
    5. Get good sleep.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    1. Log everything you eat and drink
    2. Drink plenty of water
    3. Get a hold of emotional eating. Therapy, exercising, the gym, and naps can all help.
    4. Screw other people's expectations. this is your body and you have to live in, might as wll make it nice.
    5. Find workouts/activities you can do at home, outdoors, at the gym, at the pool. Explore new workout ideas such as tennis, rock climbing, biking, water jogging, swimming, weight training, skiing, elliptical training, trail running, zumba, mma, kickboxing, arc training, jumping rope, race walking, rowing, skating, basketball, kayaking, spinning,
    etc.
    6. Maybe have a goal like obtaining a group fitness license or signing up for a 5k, 10k, sprint triathlon, Zumbathon, and work towards that.
    7. Start off with 10 minutes and work your way up to where you want to be. Just tell yourself you'll do 10 minutes and you'll probably last much longer
    Don't be afraid of splitting up your workouts, that can be fun, energizing and effective, for example do your run, swim, bike ride, elliptical in the morning or afternoon, and do your run, swim, zumba class, walk, etc at night, hey it's a tip.8
    8. Try new recipes and new foods.
    9. Maybe have workout videos, bike and/or elliptical at home, jump rope, workout shoes etc if you can't or don't want to go outside or to the gym. Even gardening and raking leaves is a workout. Avoid people that make you want to binge or rbing you down.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    1. Log everything accurately. Get a food scale. Cheating your logging = cheating your results.

2. Don't waste your calories on anything you don't enjoy eating.

3. Be sure to do strength training and sneak in activity however you can. Take the stairs. Walk everywhere.

4. Weigh yourself everyday just once, right when you wake up before you eat. I'm sure this one is controversial for some people, but for me, it keeps me on track, grounded in reality, accountable for my indulgences, and aware of the factors that cause water-weight fluctuations.

5. Macros matter. Protein, fiber, and veggies are your best allies.
  • ladybuglucy
    ladybuglucy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    1. Eat consciously
    2. consistency
    3. use a tape measure instead of or in conjunction with a scale (I hate scale)
    4. BE PATIENT
    5 .DON'T GIVE UP
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    1. Get a food scale. Start weighing everything. I learned I had serious portion distortion when I started weighing food. What I thought was a portion was really 2 or 3 portions... yikes.

2. Weigh regularly. Keeps me accountable if weight starts creeping up. Fluctuations are normal, but if the fluctuation doesn't fluctuate back down it's no longer a fluctuation - it's weight gain!

3. Move more. I got an activity tracker (Jawbone, but I've heard great things about FitBit) and that little thing motivates me to increase my steps everyday! Parking further away, taking short walk breaks at work, walking around the block with the kids after dinner... anything to get more steps in!

4. Follow the 80/20 or 90/10 rule. Eat right most of the time, so you can splurge a little. Keeps me motivated during the week so that I can have a dinner out or takeout or all you can eat sushi (love!) without gaining weight.

5. Get enough sleep! The world is just so much brighter when you have enough sleep! Not to mention it's easier to exercise, be more active, stick to the food plan when you feel rested and alert.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    1--START!
    2--Eat less. Pay attention to portion sizes.
    3--Do something. Whether it's walking, lifting, swimming, Zumba, Beachbody workouts… whatever you like. Just get moving.
    4-- The right mindset is critical! Be realistic about what you can expect. (FYI…. what you see on Biggest Loser or Extreme Weight Loss is not realistic for most of us!) Be process oriented. Measure the success of your week by how healthy your eating was or how many workouts you got in… not by a certain amount of loss on the scale. Focus on change instead of results.
    5--NEVER GIVE UP! Just because you fall off the wagon, doesn't mean you have to burn it down!

Pretty basic and somewhat "Duh," but I firmly believe and stand by them!
  • Sie_Con
    Sie_Con Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    For me these have been the most helpful

1. Drink more water
    2. Log everything you eat, whether you were over or not
    3. Allow yourself junk food sometimes or else you'll feel deprived and binge out and feel guilty about it.
    4. Don't get mentally bummed out over a plateau or a tiny loss for a few weeks - it happens to everyone and it'll pass
    5. Remind yourself how far you've come with frequent measurements, pictures, clothing changes
  • arac62
    arac62 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1. Move more
    2. Eat less
    3. Water
    4. Sleep
    5. Pizza
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    Great post idea and very informative and inspiring.

1. It is like marriage, forever.
    2. Eat same breakfast and lunch menu everyday. Statistics says people who do this lose more weight.
    3. Exercise every day
    4. Weigh once a week only
    5. Chart progress and goals and read them every day to stay accountable and never underestimate the value of selfies as you begin your different life style.
  • NaRmI10
    NaRmI10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great advises...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I have reached my goal weight. :bigsmile:

My advice would be:

1. This is a life style, not a journey or a diet.

2. WEIGH. WEIGH, WEIGH (digital food scale) EVERYTHING you put in your mouth!!! Measure liquids ONLY!!!

3. Patience!!!!!!! Took me 970 days to lose my weight!! :tongue:

4.Drink water, water, water. :drinker:

5. Exercise and lift heavy things!! (cleaning and cooking are NOT exercises!!!) :wink:

6. Enjoy ALL FOODS!!!!! Chocolate, ice cream, cookies, cakes, donuts, etc. because they are awesome!!!! :bigsmile:
  • terrillscott
    terrillscott Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    really getting a lot out of other top 5 tips, Thanx for the great motivations!

1) Find the thing that helps you do the exercises ... my thing is music. I really like to make a playlist that keeps me moving with the beat and singing in my head so I don't hear myself moan!

2) I plan my food for the day and have it ready as part of my morning routine. whirl learning new eating habits, it is too easy to say "what the heck" and snack if you are not prepared.

3) Watch a show or videos that show people conquering their weight loss problems. I watch Extreme Weightloss, to learn, but mostly to see that people can accomplish big goals.

4) It has really been good form me to be honest and accountable to something or someone. My self, a pal ... even me in the mirror in a pinch!

5) A specific goal has been good for me this time, something I really, really want. I want to ride motorcycle with my hubby next summer, so gotta loose poundage!