Best pasta substitute ever!

Options
123457»

Replies

• SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    on the squash, forgot to say, cover with saran wrap, before placing in microwave. (sorry)
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if someone wants something pasta-y but doesn't have it in their calorie goals for the day, why shouldn't they try this? It sounds tasty, I love broccoli. It's not always "carbs are bad" fearmongering.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if someone wants something pasta-y but doesn't have it in their calorie goals for the day, why shouldn't they try this? It sounds tasty, I love broccoli. It's not always "carbs are bad" fearmongering.

QFT!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I honestly wish I could eat just one serving size of pasta without wanting to have an entire box of the stuff. :(

I can eat a single serving of oatmeal or quinoa just fine and feel completely satisfied, but for some reason, my stomach becomes hollow when I eat pasta.

I usually just use the broccoli slaw for sauteing and with salads. I never thought of using it for a meat sauce type recipe (although I love to use zucchini and spaghetti squash this way).

Thanks

pretty much. I could eat pounds of pasta.

Which is why I don't unless I'm going out to eat. I just don't like that it's WAY to easy to blow my calories/macros for the day.

I'd rather indulge in sushi and just be happy with that. Pasta- I an pleasantly surprised..I can totally live without.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    gosh the girl was just sharing something that worked for her. stop all the debate. I think it is a great idea to get a pasta red and meat sauce fix without blowing calorie out. Thanksf or the tip!
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    you gotta try spegetti squash... once you try that... you will never eat spegetti again!

True story.
    I didn't believe it until I tried it! I even use it in a baked pasta dish that I make and it's great! Even my boyfriend and 4yr old son love it! And it's so easy!