How do you make plain non-fat Greek yogurt taste good?

Options

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I like to put frozen fruit in it like pineapple, mixed berries, & mango. Yum!
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Srarojas
    Srarojas Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I eat the Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt (80 calories) and add fresh raspberries and sometimes Kashi.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe on here from someone else, sorry i don't remember who, and it was really good!

4 chicken breast/thighs (boneless skinless)
    1c.- 1 1/2c. of Plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (I use the 2% it's only 45 calories)
    1 tsp Garlic
    1/2 tsp slap ya mama (cajun season)
    1 tsp season all
    1/2 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 400

In a medium sized mix bowl, mix together your yogurt, cheese, and seasonings. Once you have that all mixed together, have a casserole dish ready and coat your chicken nice and thick with the mixture. Put in oven and cook till chicken is done.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe on here from someone else, sorry i don't remember who, and it was really good!

4 chicken breast/thighs (boneless skinless)
    1c.- 1 1/2c. of Plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (I use the 2% it's only 45 calories)
    1 tsp Garlic
    1/2 tsp slap ya mama (cajun season)
    1 tsp season all
    1/2 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 400

In a medium sized mix bowl, mix together your yogurt, cheese, and seasonings. Once you have that all mixed together, have a casserole dish ready and coat your chicken nice and thick with the mixture. Put in oven and cook till chicken is done.

That's from here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/682756-greek-yogurt-melt-in-your-mouth-chicken

and I have found that just making the coating and eating that without the chicken is a tasty delicious snack lol
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump to try some great ideas
  • Foxtrot2N
    Foxtrot2N Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Mio drops or extracts from the pantry.
  • lianqi
    Options
    I add about 1 packet Splenda and a splash of vanilla extract/any extract you prefer for every 1/2 cup of plain nonfat Greek Yogurt.
    It sorta reminds me of cheesecake...
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    *Add a spoonful or two of sugar free/fat free instant pudding
    *Add some thawed fruit (love triple berry blend) and a packet of Splenda
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas here! I never would have thought of peanut butter. I'm going to pick up some tomorrow.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Honey, granola, fruit fruit FRUIT, flaxseed, protein powder
  • Herohorse
    Options
    I like it with about 6 drops of vanilla stevia for ~1/3 cup. I also like adding some frozen berries, microwaved for ~30 seconds, as well as stevia. So yummy! :)
  • peachcats
    Options
    artificial sugar
    I eat greek yogurt almost daily because it's really filling.
  • 2PinkAngel
    Options
    Stevia or honey work well.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Stir in honey and cinnamon,dip strawberries or other fruits in it

bump

good ideas
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Everything I do has been listed many times but I saw this only listed once but it bears repeating:

Sometimes I just get 2% or whole... oh, my gosh! SO, SO good. (I don't like whole milk, it's disgusting. I can tolerate 2% but I prefer, 1% 1/2% or non-fat. But whole or low-fat yogurt (especially Greek) is divine.) I don't say this for any nutritional reason, it's PURELY taste, which is a reason I added the thing about the milk.

If all else fails try different brands. They don't all taste the same and their textures are different. Just remember to check the ingredients, not all are just milk and/or cream with live and active cultures. So, that too can make a difference.
  • _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I put a 1/4 cup of hersheys syrup in mine. Now on to more important things....Why cant I lose weight?
  • YogaCryss
    Options
    My new fav way of having it, is to add 1/4 tsp sugar, sprinkle cinnamon, and blueberries to the yogurt, it's delicious :)
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I make a turkey burger stroganoff - fry up turkey burger, add sliced onions, other stuff like mushrooms and bell peppers if wanted, drain fat, add fat free yogurt instead of sour cream, add a 1/4 tsp of nutmeg. Serve over quinoa. I also add frozen chopped spinach to green it up sometimes.

I like to add sugar free jam preserves to flavor my yogurt, may add low sugar granola or Kashi Go Lean also.
  • Rawrsawrus29
    Options
    What I like to do is mash up a ripe banana and then mix it into the yogurt.. That way you have a natural, low calorie and nutritious flavored yogurt! :)

However if I'm out of bananas, I slice up an apple and dip apples into the yogurt.
    Berries and muesli are also great!