How do you make plain non-fat Greek yogurt taste good?

Options

Replies

• Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Or you could just try another brand...May'be you'll evenually find one that you like as it is, without any additions.
    I like greek yogurt with cornflakes and a bit of honey!
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have it every morning in a smoothie - usually 5 almonds, 1 small banana, 1 red apple, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 3/4 cup non-fat greek yogurt and some cinnamon. My favorite breakfast!

Also have found it to be really good mixed with a pinch of salt, pinch of pepper and some curry powder on a whole wheat wrap with just about anything - my favorite being with turkey breast, iceburg lettuce and sliced pear.

Just a couple of ideas for how to use it! :)
  • clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I add apple slices and cinnamon for a dessert.
  • peg6969
    Options
    HI EVERYONE, JUST HEARD DR OZ SAY THAT YOU SHOULD EAT 2% GREEK YOGURT, BECAUSE YOUR BODY DOESN'T RECOGNIZE 0 % FAT YOGURT, THEREFOR IT TURNS IT IN TO SUGAR! PLEASE LET EVERYONE KNOW! THIS MAKES TOTAL SENSE TO ME
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    the only way I have even come close to making greek yogurt taste okay is cooking with it and that was only to use up the stuff I bought. Totally yucky! ugggg...
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I used to add stevia but now I have grown accustomed to the taste and actually enjoy it. Or i buy the 2 percent fat taste is a bit better than the zero. Also use it as a fruit dip for my apples and banannas.
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, some sweetener and a few mini chocolate chips=chocolate chip cookie dough

Peaches, raspberry all-fruit=peach melba
  • dream_in_colors
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • g2214n
    g2214n Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    with garlic, diced cucumber , fresh coriander , drizzle o/oil -its fab

Very traditional where I come from - diced cucumber, chopped dill, minced garlic tub, of Greek yoghurt pinch of salt, drizzle of olive oil and lots of crushed walnuts - divine.

Also grilled courgettes + the above - let it stay in the fridge overnight and add some toasted pine nuts.

Roast whole eggplant, scoop out, let it drain the bitter juices, add dollop of Tahini, clove of garlic, small tub of Greek yoghurt cumin, paprika and pinch of chilli powder - dig in!

Poach 2 eggs, lay on cup of GY with added minced garlic and pinch of salt, drizzle with olive oil and pinch of paprika.

Chop some dried fruits(figs, prunes, apricots) mix in GY and keep in the fridge overnight (you can ad some orange zest and cinnamon), Have it with some nuts am - yummy!
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I add honey and fresh fruit.
  • alifeinspired
    alifeinspired Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with
    Fruit, Pumpkin puree, choc chips, coconut extract, vanilla, coco powder, cinnamon, protein powder, nuts/seeds,granola, sea salt, honey, maplesyrup, peanutbutter,nutella, instant pudding mixes(I love pistachio), 50 calorie chocolate mouuse dry mix, duncan hines creations flavour packs, or you can go savoury.
    Today I made apple pie yogurt and cookie dough

*Apple chunks sauteed with cinnamon ,vanilla, 1 teaspoon brown sugar
    *6oz plain yogurt mixed with splenda and vanilla and more cinnamon

Cookiedough
    *chocolate chips, peanut butter, sea salt, maple syrup, splenda,vanilla mixed with
    6oz yogurt

Pumpkin Pie
    Same as apple except you dont sautee or add apple chunks. You use 1/4C pumpkin puree and then mix everything together.
  • anonniemouse
    anonniemouse Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are some really great ideas here. I'll have to give them a try.
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I add a little sprinkle of Jello powder in it, just enough to give it flavor
  • T0MMYGUN17
    Options
    try adding a low-fat gluten free handful of granola!
  • manicmoriarty
    Options
    plain is best! or a sprinkle of cinnamon :)
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    bump ..
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I know to use it instead of sour cream and I like it topped with granola, but how eles do you use it?

If you don't like it, use sour cream instead. Just keep it in your calories. Why are you torturing yourself?
  • emmazingly
    emmazingly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I cook some frozen berries in the microwave, add some honey to the berries and then swirl the mixture in the yoghurt :)
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ok this is going to sound weird, but I use 1/2 a Crystal Light packet in mine and mix it up. Usually a fruit flavored one or the lemonade flavor. Totally changes the taste.