Low Maintenance Women

Options

Replies

• VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I am wondering how many of you think of yourself as low maintenance in terms of getting ready. I am going to arbitrarily throw out 30 minutes to get ready, sans shower, as the low maintenance threshold. The other thread said that only 2% of women are naturally pretty enough to not need much assistance, but I disagree.

So how many of you are able to achieve this?

I thought you had been on the cool aid but then I saw the earlier thread ....
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Um, this thread became about beer hours ago.

YEAH. I almost had beer earlier but then I was too lazy to exercise so i didn't. true story.

am I still low maintenance?

Sounds like it to me. I did have a beer though, so that makes me temporarily better than you.

tumblr_m4nll47UnY1rou40zo1_500.gif

please. I will more than make up for it when I have maker's mark tomorrow. who's better than who now?!
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    On an average day this is me. I fluff my hair a bit, maybe put on lip gloss or eye liner, get dressed and I'm ready. Packing my lunch takes longer usually than anything to do with me and how I look. I think most women are pretty enough to not need to do half the crap they do to look "pretty" but to each her own.

For special occasions, I put in more work, but most of the extra time goes into me changing clothes a few times and maybe doing special things with my hair,
  • lkjlkh
    lkjlkh Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    15-20 minutes is enough. Don't really use make-up, but maybe I should...
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not. I was in a hurry to get ready this morning and it still took me a full hour to comb out my hair, wash my face, shower, brush my teeth, preen, get dressed, & apply makeup, hair products, and fragrance. When I'm taking my time this process can take 2 hours at least!
  • Aminah3052
    Aminah3052 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's plenty Lol as long as it not too close to laundry day...... Then i need 30 minutes just to throw all the clothes from my dresser onto the bed, huff and puff, say "what should i wear?" To my hubby, then be appalled/insulted at his horrible choice, throw myself down on the bed, say "I'm not going If i have to look stupid!", start crying, then my husband will say "I'll buy you more clothes later/tomorrow/pay day" and then i will tell him how that doesn't do anything for me NOW!, then after everything i find something anyways...... Lol but USUALLY I'm ready in ten minutes max. Dressed, hair brushed And tied back, scarf wrapped and pinned, eyeliner, lipgloss lets go
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Definitely reasonable.

One time I woke up late for work and managed to have a shower, eat breakfast & have coffee, iron my top, do my hair, brush my teeth and get dressed in 30 minutes! It was a manic rush but I did it! Normally before my early shifts I give myself 1 hr 15 to do all that, plus cook/prepare my lunch for that day, and my hair would usually get washed in the shower too. I don't really wear make up but if I do, I'm not getting up any earlier to do it!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 5 minutes to do my hair and about 90 seconds to do my makeup.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Sans shower, absolutely. Or I can pour a cup of coffee, let a quick veggie/egg omelet cook while I shower, and still be ready in about 30 minutes - with a refill in the travel mug. That's right.

The hard part for me is actually getting upright!
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I don't wear make up, I don't do anything to my hair other than wash it, brush it, and sometimes put in a braid or ponytail, and I don't have too many clothes so doesn't take me long to get dressed. I wake up 20 minutes before I have to leave for work.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I read some of these responses and think damn... I wish I had their hair! My hair alone after a shower (which btw takes me every bit of 20 min) takes 10 minutes alone to get it dry. I don't wear makeup..no need for it, however I gotta have my hair fixed and looking good, and preferably not wet. I have the thickest hair ever!
  • katpatoneill
    katpatoneill Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ...It takes me thirty minutes when I take a shower, eat something, and get all dolled up, and take a 15 minute break to watch netflix.

Most of the time I give myself ten minutes from the time I wake up to when my bus leaves. I'm the epitome of low maintenance, with showers at night and no make-up and I don't touch my hair in the mornings.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Without the shower... 30 minutes is more than doable.
    With it its doable. Its just my hair takes ages to dry (its really long now)
    get up get ready and go! :laugh: :wink: xx
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    15 minutes :) Usually after I wash my hair I just let it dry naturally and don't brush it. Make up takes about 8 minutes and getting dressed doesn't take me long at all.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Lmao "American Psycho?" :)
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    On a normal day, without shower, I'm ready in 10 minutes. Brush hair, apply mascara, put on clothes & shoes, make sure all essentials are in handbag then off I go!
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    yeah, I can do that. plenty of time. :smile:
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    women be lying hahaha.......you have to tell them 930 if you are leaving at 10.........

don't lie ladies.......outfit #4 is on the floor.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    And I repeat...I'm low maintenance, I'm naturally beautiful. My milkshake brings all the boys to they yard. So there.

I lol'd. And I want to eat your picture.