Low Maintenance Women

Options

Replies

• Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Without a shower, I'm ready in usually ready in under 10 minutes, whether I'm getting ready for work or a night out. I'm a 'what you see is what you get' kinda girl and don't wear makeup or spend a lot of time on my hair. I blow dry it in the winter or if I'm going somewhere nice and don't want the random curls and fly-a-ways, but otherwise let it air dry either down or in a pony tail. I do take longer showers, especially if I need to shave my legs. I've timed myself getting ready for work before and can do it (full bathroom routine-morning pee, wash hands, brush teeth, step on the scales, deodorant, dressed) in 4 minutes.
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Again, it was a curiosity. :laugh:

But if you are still angry with me, I am sure there are ways we can burn that off. :wink:

*Can of worms is now....OPEN!!!!!* :devil::laugh:

Pfffft!!!!i

You think there's a can of worms to open with that one?

IN FOR HATE F*CKING!!!

Wait a minute...you hate me? I don't hate you...

:frown:

Sawwy.

Hate is strong. That made me sound aggressive. Vague dislike f*cking doesn't sound as awesome though.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    the longer the maintenance the bigger the ring
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    below for vitaminDDD:

Front-loading the maintenance makes morning maintenance easier.

If most things in your wardrobe work together, it's not hard to just pick something in 5 minutes and go. But, getting your wardrobe to that state involves hours of planning, shopping, pruning, and probably years to get to know which cuts fit you best.

Over a lifetime, I've probably spent thousands of dollars on clothes that looked cute but didn't go with anything else, or that it would only make sense to wear if I were invited to 1923 or the Emmys, or clothes that I could get on but looked wrong for mysterious reasons. (Plus, doing regular laundry helps - it's always harder to figure something out if half your stuff's in the wash.)

Hair, ditto, takes a while to learn which cuts suit a) your hair and b) your face, and then how to style them, that's practice.

So it takes experience and a daily/weekly time investment to work all that out. All that is kind of 'high-maintenance', just on the other end.

These days, it's easy enough to get ready in 15 mins or less (provided my laundry's done).

But this I think is really Wheird's way of sussing out hotties, lol.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

But if you are still angry with me, I am sure there are ways we can burn that off. :wink:

Pfffft!!!!i

IN FOR HATE F*CKING!!!

Sawwy.

Hate is strong. That made me sound aggressive. Vague dislike f*cking doesn't sound as awesome though.

Anger bang is comparable!

I don't even dislike you, but I can handle a vague dislike from you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Pfffft!!!!i

IN FOR HATE F*CKING!!!

Sawwy.

Vague dislike is just a few beers away from beer goggles. Amirite?
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I can make 30 minutes happen even with a shower, but I prefer not to be quite so rushed. On days I've overslept for work, I've even been showered, somewhat made up and out the door in 15, but thankfully those days are rare. Usually I take about 45 minutes to an hour in the morning, but only because I multitask and catch up on shows while I'm getting ready. This morning I was watching Dexter in all of it's 56 minutes (though I haven't seen the last 15 minutes because I had to leave for work).

I honestly see myself as a low-maintenance type, not just getting ready, and the men I've dated have commented along those lines. :)
  • whierd
    Options
    Front-loading the maintenance makes morning maintenance easier.

If most things in your wardrobe work together, it's not hard to just pick something in 5 minutes and go. But, getting your wardrobe to that state involves hours of planning, shopping, pruning, and probably years to get to know which cuts fit you best.

Over a lifetime, I've probably spent thousands of dollars on clothes that looked cute but didn't go with anything else, or that it would only make sense to wear if I were invited to 1923 or the Emmys, or clothes that I could get on but looked wrong for mysterious reasons. (Plus, doing regular laundry helps - it's always harder to figure something out if half your stuff's in the wash.)

Hair, ditto, takes a while to learn which cuts suit a) your hair and b) your face, and then how to style them, that's practice.

So it takes experience and a daily/weekly time investment to work all that out. All that is kind of 'high-maintenance', just on the other end.

These days, it's easy enough to get ready in 15 mins or less (provided my laundry's done).

But this I think is really Wheird's way of sussing out hotties, lol.

:laugh: Not really, but still funny. :tongue:
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    If I'm already showered, 30 minutes or less. If I have to shower and dry my hair, then 45 minutes. That's if I'm going some where nice. If I'm just going casual, then less than 30 minutes all the way around.

I'm mid-maintenance.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    well, if i didn't take a shower, that would mean i don't have to dry my hair so yeah it's doable but i hate how my hair looks when it's not washed. so i get up at 430, get myself dressed and work out for an hour. go up to kitchen and work on getting breakfast together for me and the man. Get kids lunches set up. Go up to wake kids at 630. go shower, do hair and make up and get dressed and leave the house for 750/8am. so i guess i'm high maintenance?
  • whierd
    Options

Pfffft!!!!i

IN FOR HATE F*CKING!!!

Sawwy.

You had me at beers.

And thank you for reminding me, I want to stop on my way home for some fall-themed brews. Pumpkin spiced beer, ahoy!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Nonsense.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I am low maintenance in many ways but high maintenance in others.

It takes me minimum 1 hour to get ready. To feel relaxed and pretty (and of course I want to feel that way every day) I need a deep, hot bath with plenty of time to soak, shave legs, wash my hair, and sometimes exfoliate. No less than an hour. Even if I'm going on a road trip at 4 am I'll wake at 3 for this reason.

However, I do my own hair (including CUTS and color), nails, skincare, etc. I seriously spend $0 to $30 per year at salons (fun nail art, a pedi, or a discount massage once a year for fun). I buy inexpensive products for the most part...especially compared to most women I know. My all natural $14 moisturizer (lasts 9 months or longer) is my biggest "splurge" when it comes to beauty products and most of my makeup is $10 or less. However I do wear makeup. Yes, every day.

As for clothing/style, I pride myself on looking nice all of the time (no matter what my weight) but I buy primarily thrift shop stuff and still get loads of compliments. I usually get dressed in 2 minutes flat, though. I always know ahead of time what I'll "probably" wear on any given day and I never change more than once (quickly). That is definitely different from many of my friends who change outfits 4 or 5 times in the morning before leaving the house. That would drive me crazy.

ETA: I spend maximum 10-15 min getting ready if my beloved time in the tub is left out.
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Pfffft!!!!i

IN FOR HATE F*CKING!!!

Sawwy.

You had me at beers.

And thank you for reminding me, I want to stop on my way home for some fall-themed brews. Pumpkin spiced beer, ahoy!

Ok. You just went from vague dislike to middling ok. Depending on the pumpkin brew....

IT'S A TESSSSST!
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Shower, breakfast, hair , make up and get dressed.......80 mins. Sorry.....I don't like to be rushed!
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Nonsense.

Yeah, that's insane... I've admitted to taking longer than all other women on this thread to get ready to go out, and my ring is a hand-me-down from my MIL, and the diamond is quite modest.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Bed head, mascara and chap stick.....takes like 10 min.

I add eye liner if I'm feeling ambitious.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    i can shower in 15 and do hair, makeup, get dressed in 15 - so yup, 30 mins.

My ex used to take 2 hours to get ready. No wonder we split, I think he was more like a woman than I was!
  • whierd
    Options

Pfffft!!!!i

IN FOR HATE F*CKING!!!

Sawwy.

You had me at beers.

Ok. You just went from vague dislike to middling ok. Depending on the pumpkin brew....

IT'S A TESSSSST!

Blue Moon's seasonal pumpkin brew, Sam Adams', and a thid that I have yet to decide. I have tried the Sam Adams one and liked it (generally like all of their brews), Blue Moon was recommended to me, and the third will be a random. Though, someone mentioned that they liked one from Fat Tire, so I might try that one.