Low Maintenance Women

Options

Replies

• devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    My record time is getting 3 kids under 4 and MYSELF ready for work and daycare in 15 minutes. And that's with coffee.

I've got it down to a science.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    30mins not including the shower? I'd still have 20 minutes to sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee.

But that's just for work. If we are talking date-night, I'd probably need to whole 30.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    See this for my opinion on men's opinions on women being "high maintenance" :

http://jezebel.com/5936323/listen-up-ladies-heres-everything-real-men-think-is-wrong-with-you

Informative quote from said article:

" 'It gets on my nerves when women take too much time on makeup. You would think after a lifetime they would have the process down to less than 45 minutes!' -Christopher

Yeah, women! You're sooooo high-maintenance! To be clear, we definitely don't want you to stop painting that prettier face over your regular face every day—because gross—but could you just hurry it up? You're late for Christopher's *kitten*."

My hair and makeup habits really don't cater to you, so IDGAF if I beat the time you think it should take me to get ready.

Rage much?

just because she's a feminist doesn't mean she's in a rage. you can't just ask people why they're angry.

I thought you couldn't just ask people why they are white?
  • whierd
    Options
    My record time is getting 3 kids under 4 and MYSELF ready for work and daycare in 15 minutes. And that's with coffee.

I've got it down to a science.

I think you deserve an olympic medal or something...
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    30 min sans shower? I can be ready for a pageant in that time with costume changes
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

http://jezebel.com/5936323/listen-up-ladies-heres-everything-real-men-think-is-wrong-with-you

" 'It gets on my nerves when women take too much time on makeup. You would think after a lifetime they would have the process down to less than 45 minutes!' -Christopher

Yeah, women! You're sooooo high-maintenance! To be clear, we definitely don't want you to stop painting that prettier face over your regular face every day—because gross—but could you just hurry it up? You're late for Christopher's *kitten*."

My hair and makeup habits really don't cater to you, so IDGAF if I beat the time you think it should take me to get ready.

Hurry we are going to be late!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Beauty is skin deep but Ugly's to the bone!!! LOL

I take about an hour with shower, hair products, hair blown dry, makeup and clothes.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm an hour before getting up.
    Press snooze 3 times for an extra 15 minutes if the dog lets me.
    Spend another 15 minutes making and drinking coffee, letting the dog out etc.

Then that leaves me 30 mins to do my face, decide what to wear and pack my food for the day (pre-made the night before).

Does this make me low maintenance? :glasses:

For a night out, however, I take foreverrrr.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Rage much?

just because she's a feminist doesn't mean she's in a rage. you can't just ask people why they're angry.

With all due respect, feminists should work on how angry they seem to come across so often, and then folks maybe would stop asking why they're so angry.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Morning routine:
    15-minute shower, put on jeans and a t-shirt, wash my face, brush my teeth, put on deodorant, put my contact lenses in, done.

Every minute I save getting ready in the morning is a minute longer that I can stay in bed...
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    Does this 30 minutes include the time it takes me to get my two kids ready as well?

If it's just me, I can do it in 20 minutes tops - full make-up, hair, great outfit and stilettos. Throw a 3-year-old and a 7-year-old in the mix, and I'm going to need 3 and a half hours.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Rage much?

I thought you couldn't just ask people why they are white?

guess I ****ed that one up then
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Sans Shower 30 minutes would be reasonable, however, I cannot, not take a shower, I just feel better if I take a shower before going out either in the morning before work or in the evening for a fun night. Including shower if I do not also have to get my kids ready it takes me about an hour, if I am also getting the kids ready to go somewhere, I have 3, then it takes about an hour and 30. I always make sure that I start getting ready in time for whenever we want to leave though. I would never make someone wait on me.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    20 minutes shower to door. Maybe 30 if I hate all my clothes.
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options

Nice. QFT
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    With all due respect, feminists should work on how angry they seem to come across so often, and then folks maybe would stop asking why they're so angry.

I made a very poor movie reference in case you missed that but yeah, I agree. I even somewhat agree with a lot of points in that article but it really didn't need to be so aggressive. don't wanna derail the thread though.
  • whierd
    Options
    Morning routine:
    15-minute shower, put on jeans and a t-shirt, wash my face, brush my teeth, put on deodorant, put my contact lenses in, done.

Every minute I save getting ready in the morning is a minute longer that I can stay in bed...

This is about my exact routine but in a different order.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You all are LIARS / Delusional. 30 mins to a woman is really 90 min real time. Take it form a guy who has spent plenty of Friday and Saturday nights waiting and "READY" to go out (even though I got ready after you were already out of the shower).

And YES you look good when you finally emerge from the bathroom but I think you would have looked the same if you only spent half the time it took you.
  • whierd
    Options

I made a very poor movie reference in case you missed that but yeah, I agree. I even somewhat agree with a lot of points in that article but it really didn't need to be so aggressive. don't wanna derail the thread though.

Dont be silly, I love a good derailing!
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Rage much?

Is stating that I don't care about someone's opinion of my beauty routine angry? I guess the internet likes to make feminists out to be angry and irrational. Go figure. :)