Low Maintenance Women

Options

Replies

• Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    That's enough for me. My hair does what it does and I don't really do anything to it. I can do makeup in 5-7 if I have to. I also brush my toofs and put on smell well.
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Without showering, 5 minutes.
    Really, I'm not just low maintenance, I'm just really damn lazy. I'm also one of those "Can't be comfortable unless I'm natural" *kitten*.
    All my effort happens in the shower, which takes an hour. All I need is clean skin, hair and teeth, trimmed nails, and to be totally shaved (ugh, gruelling lady labour) and I'm done.
    I put on what I want and I'm outty.
    I don't wear any make-up, I don't curl or straighten my hair, I don't paint my nails, spray tan or any of that, which is why it takes such a short amount of time.
    I look way prettier with make-up, and I'm good at applying it, but I just hate it. I feel like I'm only good looking thanks to Maybelline.
    Eff you, Maybelline! I do what I want!

Edit: Most of my time is spent on my hair in the shower. Afro hair = painfully long amounts of time just brushing it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Lmao "American Psycho?" :)

Yea. I wanted to find an example of the highest maintenance man I could find. lol :wink:
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I can do almost everything...shower and blow drying hair included...in 30 mins if I really want to...which is honestly most days. Definitely sans shower 30 mins is way more than enough.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i don't wear makeup. my hair is so short i don't have to blow dry or brush it. brushing my teeth and 'toner'ing my face takes < 5 min.

all my time is spent working on the other hair. and i spend a lot of time on that. (if i can spend 2 hrs in the bathroom 1x/wk i'll be happy)
  • Amy4President
    Amy4President Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Within half an hour, I've taken the dog outside, fed the cat and the dog, showered, hair/make-up done, dressed, and eating breakfast. Yeah I'm efficient.
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    Options
    30 mins...psshhhh no problem :)
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    30 min? No problem!
  • gsnthensome
    gsnthensome Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. Most days tshirt & jeans & a hoodie. Or staying home & working out, so getting ready for the day takes about 15 min. If its a special occasion and I go all out... An hour?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I timed myself today. My normal day-to-day makeup takes under 2 minutes. That's bb cream (tinted moisturizer), eyebrow filler, eyeliner (liquid on top, pencil on bottom, and lipstick. Going out makeup would include eyeshadow and blush, so maybe another minute or two.

I let my hair air dry, so I don't know if you consider that taking 30 seconds to apply some frizz-cream and comb it into place, or about an hour until it's fully dry. :laugh:
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't mind kinky, curly hair, this is so doable!
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't mind kinky, curly hair, this is so doable!

I don't mind kinky
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Conversation with my husband prompted by these topics.

Me: Do you think I'm high maintenance? (joking)
    Him: Well, that's a pretty high maintenance question to be asking me. :wink:
    Me: I knew you were going to say that! :laugh:
    Him: Well, other than the fact that you occasionally ask me high maintenance questions like this, no you are definitely not what I would consider high maintenance.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I am wondering how many of you think of yourself as low maintenance in terms of getting ready. I am going to arbitrarily throw out 30 minutes to get ready, sans shower, as the low maintenance threshold.

So how many of you are able to achieve this?

*puts hand up*

I have dated guys who took longer than I did to get ready - it was SO irritating.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    And I repeat...I'm low maintenance, I'm naturally beautiful. My milkshake brings all the boys to they yard. So there.

Not the milkshake...iz da taco.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i hike for an hour or 2 in the morning before work, i leave at 1230pm to get to work at 1pm. i get back to my apartment around 12pm, throw food in for the dog real quick. take a shower, get dressed, throw hair in bun, brush teeth and grab leftovers for lunch. i don't do makeup, hair sprays, any of that crap. at the latest i can start getting ready at 1210/1215. i am low maintenance, and have low standards as well. my fiance is a lucky man and has learned to love my hairy legs
  • thezorb
    thezorb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am wondering how many of you think of yourself as low maintenance in terms of getting ready. I am going to arbitrarily throw out 30 minutes to get ready, sans shower, as the low maintenance threshold.

So how many of you are able to achieve this?

*puts hand up*

I have dated guys who took longer than I did to get ready - it was SO irritating.

I'm glad I'm not the only woman that's happened to! Talk about irritating in the extreme.
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    And I repeat...I'm low maintenance, I'm naturally beautiful. My milkshake brings all the boys to they yard. So there.

Not the milkshake...iz da taco.

NICE!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Um, this thread became about beer hours ago.

YEAH. I almost had beer earlier but then I was too lazy to exercise so i didn't. true story.

am I still low maintenance?

Sounds like it to me. I did have a beer though, so that makes me temporarily better than you.

tumblr_m4nll47UnY1rou40zo1_500.gif

please. I will more than make up for it when I have maker's mark tomorrow. who's better than who now?!

Come at me!
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I guess I could if I wasn't so easily distracted