you ever eat out for breakfast by yourself?

Options

Replies

• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I love eathing breakfast by myself
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I travel for work a lot and eat out solo all the time.

I've had waitresses look at me with really pitying eyes before.

Screw them.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    kinda wanted to go to IHOP this morning but chickened out
    do you ever go out for a big breakfast by yourself?
    where do you go?

Yes.

I was in my mid 20s before I realized how many people have a problem eating out alone. I never knew how common that was before another guy told me, "Man you got GUTS!!" when I mentioned eating out the day before alone.

This is so funny to me! I love going out to eat, lingering over the newspaper or something I'm reading or studying. The service is almost always really good because they aren't worried about keeping everything straight and "that friend" isn't teasing them from across the table. Oh, maybe that's just my friends. Ha!

Seriously, one of my favorite things to do. Never occurred to me for a moment that it might be intimidating to some until my friend said, "You go by yourself?? No one does that! Doesn't it freak you out?"

Nope. Love it.
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    I have always enjoyed doing breakfast by myself. Anywhere is great. The morning is my time for reflection and meditation.

I too have been to the movies by myself and it is great. You don't have to worry about anyone but yourself.

I usually love being around people, but I also like doing things on my own. Going to the movies is something I've done. Won two tickets to a concert from the radio station for that night. Didn't want to fool with trying to figure it out after work, so I just went. Had a blast - and it's a great way to meet people, too.

Just recently I went to a minor league baseball game - but I don't care about baseball, so I just showed up at the end, watched the fireworks finale, and stayed for a concert afterward. It was great!
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    Yup. I'll eat out alone and I'll go to movies alone. I like to relax and read a book if I'm eating alone and if I am watching a movie, I see what I want, I sit where I want and no one steals my popcorn. :bigsmile: I don't normally go to the bar alone though....that's when it starts becoming the "stay away from the creepy guy at the end of the bar" kind of thing....

Or, "Oh, look at that one! She strayed from the pack!"

But I can deal with this just fine, too. I'll text a friend, read a paper, chat with someone else...I've even been known to do a crossword at a bar, either by myself or with my husband. Sometimes I really like the perfect energy that I find in the balance of having people around, but not having to interact more than I feel like.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    one of my favourite things to do on a saturday is have a solo brunch at a local diner. it's not hard to be inconspicuous - you get lost in the murmur of other people's chatter, & the sound of forks scraping up waffles or eggs bennie or whatever it is my barely conscious fellow patrons are wolfing down.

i don't mind having dinner out on my own, but am more self-aware, especially if it's somewhere more flashy than cozy.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Yes. Second window en route to a double at work.

FYI sausage egg and cheese on anything (but biscuit) is yum! Also breakfast burritos are hard to set up going 70!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I love eating out by myself. It's cheaper, peaceful, and I love my own company. :glasses:
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I love eating out by myself. It's cheaper, peaceful, and I love my own company. :glasses:

Plus no one ever takes the last wing, I haven't spoken to my dad in ten years over that
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I used to do this often when I was working. As many have noted, it's a good time to read the morning paper. I also found that no one bats an eye in most restaurants if you totally ignore the menu and ask for one egg and two slices of multi-grain toast. (or whatever it is you like.) If you are eating breakfast in a hotel dining room every day for a week there's no way you want to be consuming the 800 calorie platefuls they offer on their menus.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    As an aside, I once worked in a city where there was only one highway heading out of town and if it snowed it seemed that invariably a semi would jack knife on that stretch and totally block the road for hours. I remember several winter evenings in the dining room of the big chain hotel in the centre of town where I was one of ten solitary diners. In the bad weather no one was going out voluntarily so it was just those of us who'd been stranded and were unable to get home sitting there ...each alone.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I work night shift so when I go shopping into town straight from work I have breakfast by myself. Done the pictures once by myself before as it wasn't a film anyone I know wanted to see. :grumble:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I had to get the car serviced and had the choice of sitting at the dealership reading old magazines or walking down to Tim Hortons for coffee and a bagel. The caramel apple bagel is nice even without cream cheese or butter. It was nice. I was able to just relax and not worry about holding anyone up since I tend to eat slower than the guys in my family.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Lord, when I was traveling I would eat out all the time. I loved going to a nice restaurant, ordering a drink and a great meal. I always brought a book so I wouldn't be sitting twiddling my thumbs. Now I would just bring my ipad.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    As an aside, I once worked in a city where there was only one highway heading out of town and if it snowed it seemed that invariably a semi would jack knife on that stretch and totally block the road for hours. I remember several winter evenings in the dining room of the big chain hotel in the centre of town where I was one of ten solitary diners. In the bad weather no one was going out voluntarily so it was just those of us who'd been stranded and were unable to get home sitting there ...each alone.

that could be the setup for a) an excellent short story b) a terrible film c) a Murder She Wrote episode
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    all. the. time.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    All the time. Breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I even go to movies alone.

No issue here. I could phone a friend, and not look lonely, but I'm comfortable being alone. I like myself and enjoy my company :-)

That's boss honestly id never do that by myself , wouldn't even think about doing stuff like that without a female companion seriously
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    The older I get, the more I enjoy eating out and doing stuff on my own. Once you realise that no-one else actually cares that you're on your own, you stop feeling self-conscious. I also get to eat where I want, when I want and leave when I want.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    All the time! You have to eat;-) I never minded doing things alone-Being an only child teaches you to enjoy your own company.
  • kell2116
    kell2116 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    All the time. Breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I even go to movies alone.

No issue here. I could phone a friend, and not look lonely, but I'm comfortable being alone. I like myself and enjoy my company :-)

Me too! I'm a pretty social person but sometimes I just prefer my own company. The one issue that arises is the occasional pitying/sympathetic look from people, but if you flash a massive smile in response, that usually puts an end to it :-)