Female users with 'mommy' or 'wifey' in name

Options
NormInv
NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
How do you feel about that? I am not sure how I feel. Why cant a woman be her own person on a fitness website? Why does she have to define herself as a mommy or a wifey? I dont see any daddios or hubbies!

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    for some reason something like GreatMom doesnt stand out to me but BobsWife does. to identify yourself as someones wife just seems weird and subservient.
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends with it and have no issue with it at all.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    What is your feeling regarding mac & cheese in one's screen name?
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    In to see how this plays out...
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Meh, I just assume that people are proud of their kid's. Or that they don't want to be hit on so they identify themselves as not being single from the off :indifferent:
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options

Those people should be banned. And have their cars repo'd.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    Because I've had 2 kids and worked my *kitten* off to get back into shape. I hope other moms can find inspiration from fellow moms who have gotten back into shape post kids.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    love being a mom and wife. I love being a fruit fly.
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Because I've had 2 kids and worked my *kitten* off to get back into shape. I hope other moms can find inspiration from fellow moms who have gotten back into shape post kids.

LOL I was just about to type in your name to end this stupid discussion.
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    In to see how this plays out...

*joins you with popcorn*
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The love for a kiddo can just be that big that you want to share it or because they are always on your mind. I think there's an Addy'sDad or something like that on here, and of course we had EccentricDad.

The people who identify as their partner is harder for me to relate to, but it also does come from tradition. Like getting a letter addressed to "Mrs. His First Name His Last name." :grumble:
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Bobswifey? Lilsmommie? 5smomma? belongstomyhusband?

I didnt think so!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I think all my friends should have food in their names. :drinker:

Anyway...OP, how do you figure that adding mommy or wifey to your name indicates that you're not your own person? I'm a mom and a wife. Those are huge parts of my life. How is adding that to my name any different from people with their favorite food or activity in their name? Are they then defined by bacon?
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing it is because they know their place.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah there is an Addy's Daddy :smile:

I'm not fussed either way but I personally got annoyed when I was pregnant & everyone referred to me as 'Mummy' it was like because I was pregnant I instantly lost my identity. :angry:
  • BiancasHusband
    BiancasHusband Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just changed my name for this thread. I am feeling very subservient now. Thank you.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I think all my friends should have food in their names. :drinker:

Anyway...OP, how do you figure that adding mommy or wifey to your name indicates that you're not your own person? I'm a mom and a wife. Those are huge parts of my life. How is adding that to my name any different from people with their favorite food or activity in their name? Are they then defined by bacon?

I would very much like to be defined by bacon... and because there is none in my house currently, I'm feeling very down.
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    As long as they're happy and not hurting anyone else, why get so worked up about it? Being annoyed at a woman for identifying herself as a mother or married woman is even worse, because you're criticising her for the way she wants to be identified. If you don't personally agree with someone calling themselves a mother or wife on forums, that's fine, but there is no need to make assumptions about their self confidence and wellbeing because of that
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

Is it really so strange for people to take pride in whatever areas of their lives they chose, and to subsequently identify themselves by it?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I just changed my name for this thread. I am feeling very subservient now. Thank you.

I like that name Bianca sounds like a name a little girl could grow into. Ask your wife what mean names the kids at school would call her.
This discussion has been closed.