Female users with 'mommy' or 'wifey' in name

Options

Replies

• g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry who cares? I use it to define myself. I'm a geek and I love being a mom. People can get over it.
  • gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I clearly have body image issues and believe that my breasts are my only redeeming quality and without them I'd be worthless to a man and therefore generally worthless. Once I overcome this I'll be sure to change my name to something less demeaning.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry who cares? I use it to define myself. I'm a geek and I love being a mom. People can get over it.

Im trying
  • I don't really care and wonder why others might. (?)
  • BiancasHusband
    BiancasHusband Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just changed my name for this thread. I am feeling very subservient now. Thank you.

I like that name Bianca sounds like a name a little girl could grow into. Ask your wife what mean names the kids at school would call her.

Actually she changed her name to Bianca. She liked that better than her real name "Karen".
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    What is your feeling regarding mac & cheese in one's screen name?
    I think all my friends should have food in their names. :drinker:

Anyway...OP, how do you figure that adding mommy or wifey to your name indicates that you're not your own person? I'm a mom and a wife. Those are huge parts of my life. How is adding that to my name any different from people with their favorite food or activity in their name? Are they then defined by bacon?

I would very much like to be defined by bacon... and because there is none in my house currently, I'm feeling very down.
    You should remedy that situation immediately.

In other news, I'm considering changing my name to ThisWifeandMomlovesBacon. Too long?
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I clearly have body image issues and believe that my breasts are my only redeeming quality and without them I'd be worthless to a man and therefore generally worthless. Once I overcome this I'll be sure to change my name to something less demeaning.

You also seem to think you're some kind of dinosaur. An insecure dinosaur with boob issues... :frown:
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Ive been called daddy plenty of times before... although I dont have any kids(well I might, jury is still out on that one)

if I do Im immediately changing my name to Dadfahjapoppahubbio
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options

To me it simply shows that you have good taste.
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about that? I am not sure how I feel. Why cant a woman be her own person on a fitness website? Why does she have to define herself as a mommy or a wifey? I dont see any daddios or hubbies!

I'm with you on that one, but I'm afraid all the Jared'sMommy234's will swarm and get angry.

I think maybe people have no imaginations. I hate to think that they really do need to define themselves by men. I don't really have any on my FL, but not for that reason. I think a lot of those types don't particularly flock to a profile like mine. Don't get me wrong, I have tons of friends who are awesome moms and are super proud of their kids and post about them. And that's totally cool. But I think it's a bit reflective of the loveliness of patriarchy when people define their online selves by their kids/husbands.
  • NormInv
    Options
    I think all my friends should have food in their names. :drinker:

Anyway...OP, how do you figure that adding mommy or wifey to your name indicates that you're not your own person? I'm a mom and a wife. Those are huge parts of my life. How is adding that to my name any different from people with their favorite food or activity in their name? Are they then defined by bacon?

I would very much like to be defined by bacon... and because there is none in my house currently, I'm feeling very down.
    You should remedy that situation immediately.

In other news, I'm considering changing my name to ThisWifeandMomlovesBacon. Too long?
    WifeMomBacon
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I just changed my name for this thread. I am feeling very subservient now. Thank you.

LOL
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I've never thought about this before this thread
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options

I think maybe people have no imaginations.

Cool username, is it your first name? How creative
  • NormInv
    Options
    How do you feel about that? I am not sure how I feel. Why cant a woman be her own person on a fitness website? Why does she have to define herself as a mommy or a wifey? I dont see any daddios or hubbies!

I'm with you on that one, but I'm afraid all the Jared'sMommy234's will swarm and get angry.

I think maybe people have no imaginations. I hate to think that they really do need to define themselves by men. I don't really have any on my FL, but not for that reason. I think a lot of those types don't particularly flock to a profile like mine. Don't get me wrong, I have tons of friends who are awesome moms and are super proud of their kids and post about them. And that's totally cool. But I think it's a bit reflective of the loveliness of patriarchy when people define their online selves by their kids/husbands.

We should be friends!
  • NormInv
    Options

You need to get out more bro!
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Me either

but the OP was certainly observant...because its true.. there are tons of Billswifemommy2's out there
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to judge what other people chose their SN to be. If somebody defines themselves that way, it's ok.

I'm a very proud mommy myself, but I chose not to define myself as just that.
  • CarKiller2013
    CarKiller2013 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

Is it really so strange for people to take pride in whatever areas of their lives they chose, and to subsequently identify themselves by it?

^^THIS

I'm great at killing cars.
  • gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options

You also seem to think you're some kind of dinosaur. An insecure dinosaur with boob issues... :frown:

Yeah, that one's harder to address. I have big boobs my "t-rex" arms are exacerbated by the boobs so it's just awful.
This discussion has been closed.