The McDouble Down

Options

Replies

• rheum109
    rheum109 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    why would you post something like that on a site where most are trying to avoid foods like this ??? It does look good but I am with the other posts, you would regret it around 30 minutes after eating it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    why would you post something like that on a site where most are trying to avoid foods like this ??? It does look good but I am with the other posts, you would regret it around 30 minutes after eating it.

Why would most people try to avoid food like this? The entire meal pictured is a lot of food and only about 600 calories. That's a good, reasonable, filling meal with good macros.

Why would you be opposed to people fitting something this delicious, cheap, and easy into their day?
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options

A great number of the people here are learning to enjoy foods they love AND fit them into their calorie and macro goals. This sort of thing can be very helpful to some folks.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I wonder if choosing the Grilled chicken would make it more Pro-tastic...albeit harder to hold but still...

Waaaay more Pro-tastic due to lower fat and more protein

Two scoops of whey is waaaaay more pro-tastic than any of this. So is grilled chicken all by itself.

These things are not the McDouble Down, though.

Maybe if I'm feeling adventurous one day I'll order a pair of the premium crispy chicken sandwiches and use those. That'll be 730 calories, 50g protein.

True, I just wouldn't call 36grams or 25% pro-tastic. I am not against eating the sandwich by any means, I think I would try it myself, just surprised by the "lowish" protein numbers.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Thus the McDouble Down is born. One McDouble with two McChicken patties for buns. McDouble + Double Down = McDouble Down. Add some bacon and ketchup as desired.

As pictured, 570 calories with 36 grams of protein.

mcdouble_down_1.png

Are you sure it's 570 calories and 36g of protein cause I might say up yours to my digestive system and eat it anyway..just want to make sure I log it correctly.

I'm sure. You can copy it directly from my diary, too.

McDonalds meal builder seems to disagree, unless you're not counting the dressing packet. But probably close enough either way.

Swapping out the two McChickens for one Grilled Chicken Ranch BLT Sandwich adds bacon, drops the calories to around 470, and ups the protein to around 47g as well. Then add the salad/dressing would probably put you back around the 570 with even more protein.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the McGang Bang?

The Mcgangbang includes the buns, and is carbalicious. This does not, and is pro-tastic.

PRO-TASTIC...love it :drinker:

But it is not pro-tastic, only 25% protein (36*4/570), I would expect something that is that much meat to be a minimum of 40%. If you used "real" chicken it would probably be in the 40-50% range

Not if you fried the chicken. We're talking about ground beef and battered fried chicken here - these items have relatively high levels of fat. The McChicken by itself is only about 15% calories from protein and the McDouble 23%. This is over 26% and you still get the deep fried chicken goodness.

Besides, it's delicious. Today I will be having the McDouble Down, Round 2: Bacon Ranch Edition.

0c8.gif

Lettuce know how it is.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Thus the McDouble Down is born. One McDouble with two McChicken patties for buns. McDouble + Double Down = McDouble Down. Add some bacon and ketchup as desired.

mcdouble_down_1.png

Are you sure it's 570 calories and 36g of protein cause I might say up yours to my digestive system and eat it anyway..just want to make sure I log it correctly.

I'm sure. You can copy it directly from my diary, too.

McDonalds meal builder seems to disagree, unless you're not counting the dressing packet. But probably close enough either way.

Swapping out the two McChickens for one Grilled Chicken Ranch BLT Sandwich adds bacon, drops the calories to around 470, and ups the protein to around 47g as well. Then add the salad/dressing would probably put you back around the 570 with even more protein.

I'm talking about the sandwich without the salad + dressing. The sandwich without ketchup is 550 calories.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Bacon Ranch Edition.

705 calories, 44g protein.

20130926_123628-1_20130926131325730.jpg
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Did you add your own bacon, or is that still all McD?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Did you add your own bacon, or is that still all McD?

All McD. The bacon cost more than the entire McDouble. They charge $1.09 to add bacon to a $1.00 McDouble.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble identifying the "grilled chicken" in that photo...
  • jonnythan
    Options

There is no grilled chicken in that photo.
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options

You can get Double Downs with either grilled or fried chicken.
  • sugarkane1234
    sugarkane1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How about throwing on a fried egg from an Egg McMuffin? That'll boost the protein ratio
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Yea but a double down is like $6. The McDouble Down is $3. $4 if you add bacon....$5 if you add double bacon...yum
  • hbmcracer
    hbmcracer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    mmmm, delicious and only 26g of carbs.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Yea but a double down is like $6. The McDouble Down is $3. $4 if you add bacon....$5 if you add double bacon...yum

You know, I've tried to get a grilled Double Down at three different KFCs. None of them carried it.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Love it
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I love McDoubles and I love McChickens, but they can be difficult to fit in because the calorie:protein ratio isn't quite optimal.

I do, however, have no trouble fitting in a Double Down every now and then. Problem is those are $8 and KFCs aren't all that common around here.

So.... how about I make my own Double Down. And instead of just two pieces of chicken around cheese and bacon, let's put a whole double cheeseburger in there.

mcdouble_down_1.png

mcdouble_down_2.png

mcdouble_down_3.png

mcdouble_down_4.png

I have never had a Double Down. My husband looks at me like I'm insane whenever I mention it. He'd have me committed if I tried the McDouble Down....but I think it might be worth it.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I might hit Burger King and make a similar sandwich with their oval-shaped chicken sandwiches at some point.