The McDouble Down

Options

Replies

• mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I believe you can get the spicy chicken patties from Burger King and make a BK double down with those. I bet that would be tasty....even add in some Franks Red Hot instead of ketchup.

Damn I'm hungry now
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

You know, I've tried to get a grilled Double Down at three different KFCs. None of them carried it.

Just out of curiosity - did you specifically ask for one, as opposed to just looking at the menu? I ask because most places (I've never done it at KFC, so maybe they won't do it) will make special orders if you ask. It doesn't seem like this would be a big deal, unless KFC (or these that you've gone to) has a policy against special orders.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

You know, I've tried to get a grilled Double Down at three different KFCs. None of them carried it.

Just out of curiosity - did you specifically ask for one, as opposed to just looking at the menu? I ask because most places (I've never done it at KFC, so maybe they won't do it) will make special orders if you ask. It doesn't seem like this would be a big deal, unless KFC (or these that you've gone to) has a policy against special orders.

Specifically asked. I was floored the first time they told me that.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    McFatty
  • jonnythan
    Options
    McFatty

Excuse me?
  • Gshort78
    Gshort78 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had one last week for lunch, the day after I first saw the pictures. It is every bit as good as it looks. I picked a McDonald's 2 miles away and walked, which made it an even more guilt-less choice.

I was also pleasantly surprised that the salad was on the dollar menu (and 20 calories without the dressing). The McDouble Down + Side salad + Large Diet Dr. Pepper = $5.00!

The final pleasant surprise was that it was already in the MFP database.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    The final pleasant surprise was that it was already in the MFP database.

You're welcome :laugh:
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I might hit Burger King and make a similar sandwich with their oval-shaped chicken sandwiches at some point.

At the store I work at, you can buy just the patties for sandwiches so you don't have to pay for the whole thing. It's a lot cheaper that way. I don't know the exact price, but you'll probably pay $2 for each Original Chicken patty rather than $4 for each sandwich. Ask for an Original Chicken "portion" and they might let you do it. Same goes for any other portion of meat.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I might hit Burger King and make a similar sandwich with their oval-shaped chicken sandwiches at some point.

At the store I work at, you can buy just the patties for sandwiches so you don't have to pay for the whole thing. It's a lot cheaper that way. I don't know the exact price, but you'll probably pay $2 for each Original Chicken patty rather than $4 for each sandwich. Ask for an Original Chicken "portion" and they might let you do it. Same goes for any other portion of meat.

Good tip! Thanks!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I just had one. It was good. I wouldn't call it fantastic, but that was more the fault of the patties than the idea itself. I found the McChickens to have way too much black pepper in the breading. I think the bacon-ranch edition would probably go some distance to remedying.

Overall, 6/10, would consider banging again.
  • Susanjellybelly
    Susanjellybelly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the bacon. Bacon makes everything better.
  • thatbelinda
    thatbelinda Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think I love you....
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    OP - You have forever changed the way I will think about lunch! If you lived near me I would have buy you your drink of choice. Thats some nice work right there.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Now I want bacon...:ohwell:
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    I'm going to try this tonight.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    im guessing he is in australia judging by the price and the wrapping.

you could even do it with the $2 chicken and mayo burgers, tho the chicken is a bit smaller. you can also order the mc chicken with 2 chicken patties, which would be cheaper than 2 whole mcchickens.

i fail to see how that is less than paying for a double down tho.
  • jonnythan
    Options

you could even do it with the $2 chicken and mayo burgers, tho the chicken is a bit smaller. you can also order the mc chicken with 2 chicken patties, which would be cheaper than 2 whole mcchickens.

That's America, baby.

McChickens and McDoubles are only a dollar each. That's a $3 sandwich. There are also about 10 McDonald's for every KFC around here.
  • zorbaru
    Options
    I think it is hilarious that you put a salad with this!! Why bother at that point LOL!
    Good for you though, you should trademark this before McDonalds does.

Salad is never pointless. Gosh, do you not eat your veggies? SHAME!

I do eat my veggies and all the time. But just because you put those next to the big mac does not negate the fact that the big mac isn't the healthiest choice.
    I'm not knocking the guy, people have to learn to take things with a grain of salt.

no but its a crap load better than a big box of fried julienne potatoes
  • zorbaru
    Options

That's America, baby.

McChickens and McDoubles are only a dollar each. That's a $3 sandwich. There are also about 10 McDonald's for every KFC around here.

well that sucks. mddoubles are $2 and mcchickens are about $5. we have these chicken and mayo burgers that are pretty much a mini mcchicken for $2 so you could probably make that up here for $5 (1 mcdouble, 1chicken and mayo extra pattie)