The McDouble Down

Options
12345679»

Replies

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    im guessing he is in australia judging by the price and the wrapping.

you could even do it with the $2 chicken and mayo burgers, tho the chicken is a bit smaller. you can also order the mc chicken with 2 chicken patties, which would be cheaper than 2 whole mcchickens.

i fail to see how that is less than paying for a double down tho.

That's America, baby.

McChickens and McDoubles are only a dollar each. That's a $3 sandwich. There are also about 10 McDonald's for every KFC around here.

"That's what I'm talkin' about when I talk about America!"
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    My son had an Insanity Burger at Burger Heaven, tonight. It's grilled cheese sandwiches, for buns, with the burger and bacon, etc, inside. He had the potato wedges with gravy, not the salad. :wink:

l.jpg
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I work at McDonalds and you can ask for no bun, but there isn't a price change for it
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I love McDoubles and I love McChickens, but they can be difficult to fit in because the calorie:protein ratio isn't quite optimal.

I do, however, have no trouble fitting in a Double Down every now and then. Problem is those are $8 and KFCs aren't all that common around here.

So.... how about I make my own Double Down. And instead of just two pieces of chicken around cheese and bacon, let's put a whole double cheeseburger in there.

Thus the McDouble Down is born. One McDouble with two McChicken patties for buns. McDouble + Double Down = McDouble Down. Add some bacon and ketchup as desired.

As pictured, 570 calories with 36 grams of protein.

mcdouble_down_1.png

mcdouble_down_2.png

mcdouble_down_3.png

mcdouble_down_4.png

Looks delicious!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I haven't had one in a few months. I need to fix this.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Oh. This is a cruel post. Stuck at volleyball and we have last match D:. Jonnythaaaaan, you have the best ideas ever.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Oh. This is a cruel post. Stuck at volleyball and we have last match D:. Jonnythaaaaan, you have the best ideas ever.

I do what I can.
  • RivenV
    Options
    My husband had one yesterday, without my prompting him. I showed him the McDouble Down a few months ago, and I guess he gets them from time to time :tongue: Can't say I blame him!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    My husband had one yesterday, without my prompting him. I showed him the McDouble Down a few months ago, and I guess he gets them from time to time :tongue: Can't say I blame him!

:drinker:

I'm getting one for lunch today.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    $8 for a friggin fast food sandwich??? where are you?

Hardee's has an $8 sandwich or thereabouts and it's worth the price except I have to share one forth of it is 300 calories.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

I get them every month or so, usually on our monthly shopping days. its an easy and cheap way to eat fast food but higher in protein and fats that I want and lower in the carbs I don't want.

Oh did I mention its cheap?
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    ohhhh yum!
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    that sandwich looks pretty meh to me.

not appetizing.

wont try it.
  • RivenV
    Options
    that sandwich looks pretty meh to me.

not appetizing.

wont try it.
    VCvPnSaUc0CX-0W0m1EqFw2.jpg
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I think it is hilarious that you put a salad with this!! Why bother at that point LOL!
    Good for you though, you should trademark this before McDonalds does.

Maybe the salad was there as a better fit to hitting his carb macros? Or maybe he likes salad as much as meat? Why can't he have both? How is it pointless if it's helping him meet his calorie and macro goals?

I like mcdonalds salad. Is that a sacrelige?

one time I made a Mcdonalds salad like this.... I ordered a McRoyale and a chicken caeser salad. I removed the innards of the McRoyale and mixed it in with the salad. I ate the salad. I chucked the burger buns because I wasn't in the mood for eating bread and I don't waste calories/carbs on stuff I'm not in the mood for.

I think McDonalds should make burger themed salads, like the McRoyale salad or the big mac salad... same burger meat, same salad as they put in the burger, same sauces, extra cheese if you like, but then serve it as a salad rather than between two buns. And more of the actual burger innards than you'd get in an actual burger.