people talking behind my back at the gym

Options

Replies

• TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Sweating is an output of the effort you were putting into the workout. I wouldn't worry about their delinquent comments and keep focusing on your goals. Your results will be the ulitmate comeback response.

Hang in there. :smile:
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    God I hate this; I'm sorry that happened to you. I don't get why people have to be judgy at the gym of all places...especially these particular types of *****es who don't REALLY work out at all. Didn't they invent malls for people to stand around and be useless in? And for free, no less. *sigh*
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought....

Who cares what others think...oh wait you do....Learn to say.....WHO CARES, I'M EARNING THIS FUNK!
  • StaceyWalley
    StaceyWalley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear they are so childish, I sweat ALOT when I run and I know I stink even though I put deodorant on right before and I put it just about everywhere. I try to be polite and take the furthest machine but In the end I can't help it so they can either get over it or kick me out. A plus side to it, at least me for, is that they point a fan at me that forces the smell away from the main part of the gym so WOOO I get a fan all to myself. move on, and if they don't like well they have no choice. :) you keep rocking on and sweat everyday!
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Well, it was good to have the heads up so when they do confront you, you will take the stuff with a smile and say thanks! I like previous advice about reporting them, but I don't know how effective that would be at a gym. They might get on you worse if you report them and nothing comes of it, but they find out. Who knows.

Fling some sweat on them... you know, "accidentally".

Because complaining/reporting it covers you in case something else occurs and who knows. Might get a free month or two out of it.

But make sure you get the stuff first as proof.
    All of this, and next time, put your cycle right by them, so they see you sweat AND smile.
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Don't let this stop you from going to your spin class! They are idiots and the lady who told you isn't any better. Let it go and keep working out. Those ladies will quit soon anyway, but you'll still be there and stronger for it.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I guess, look at the positive - they bought you stuff? Ignore them and move on. I'd try a different class to get away from jerks like that.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Buy a bunch of nose plugs. Wait until you get the free stuff. Be gracious and tell them "thank you and I have some little gifts for you too!" and hand over the nose plugs\

I'd do this.
  • myprana
    Options
    Here's what you do: an hour or two before spin class, eat foods that cause you immensely stinky gas. Choose a bike in front of those silly women and fart away.
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot too. I had a problem with my gym clothes not smelling as fresh as they should after washing. I discovered that using white distilled vinegar in the wash kills the sweaty smell. And, surprisingly the vinegar does not leave a smell.
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Screw them if it were me i'd work so hard to work up even a bigger sweat hahahahaha people are stupid
  • sagreenious
    sagreenious Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ugh they sound like horrible people. if your;e sweating it means you're working hard. i'd wonder why they aren't sweating so much.

if i'm inc lass I'm busy trying to work out to pay attention to anyone else.. perhaps they should try that..
  • kristiewolf3
    kristiewolf3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First of all you should get those *****es kicked out of your gym for bullying. Were adults, if you don't have something nice to say keep your mouth shut.

Keep your head up.
  • krmullig
    krmullig Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I personally would go harder, sweat more, get stinkier and make sure I join all of their classes so they can enjoy my wonderful smell. Not your fault, and not much you can do to control it beyond showering and wearing deodorant (which it sounds like you do). At the end of the day you'll be the one fit and fab, they'll still be little mean girls who's only accomplishments are tearing other people down.

Also, take the free stuff!
  • TaxPrepLiz
    TaxPrepLiz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    First - wait until they give you the shower stuff because free stuff :tongue:

Then next, report it to the gym's manager as harassment.

Last....go about and kick butt as usual...sweaty and with a grin :)

^exactly this!
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    Southern_Belle's response to bully at gym

"Oh darlin, bless your heart, that was so kind of you to get me new body wash, you've certainly saved me a trip to Target. In return, I'd like to buy you that real nice heavy duty toilet paper since you're being such an *kitten* and need to clean up all the **** coming out your hole!" Smily sweetly and walk away. :flowerforyou:
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot too. I had a problem with my gym clothes not smelling as fresh as they should after washing. I discovered that using white distilled vinegar in the wash kills the sweaty smell. And, surprisingly the vinegar does not leave a smell.

so gonna use this tip :-)

OP that woman was an idiot, my gym is full of sweaty people, but they shower afterwards ;-)
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I personally would go harder, sweat more, get stinkier and make sure I join all of their classes so they can enjoy my wonderful smell. Not your fault, and not much you can do to control it beyond showering and wearing deodorant (which it sounds like you do). At the end of the day you'll be the one fit and fab, they'll still be little mean girls who's only accomplishments are tearing other people down.

Also, take the free stuff!

^^^This!

I would find a way to make myself reek and then subject them to that. ****ing idiots. We all sweat at the gym if we are working hard and Spin can be a killer. We have some folk in our gym that leave puddles once they have done cardio - no one complains, it just gets cleaned up. I am sure that once you have finished at the gym and go about your usual business, work/home etc, you don't smell and that's all that matters!

But, yup, take the free stuff!
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    Let me get this straight. A. You are in a gym working out. B. You are sweating. and C. You are gettin' stinky. And someone has a problem with this? If you're doing A and you are not doing B and C, then you are not doing A very well! LOL ... sounds like they should not even be going to a gym!!!!! I know it's easier said than done, but don't worry about what they think or say. In fact, if it were me, I would shove it in their faces that I train hard enough to work up a good sweat. I would make sure to drip some sweat in their general direction, stand as close to them as possible, etc.
  • 1capybara
    1capybara Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    last time i looked, everyone in the gym was sweating, but its a gym, so ......
    yeah, free stuff is always a +