people talking behind my back at the gym

Options

Replies

• Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    First off, please don't make poor eating choices because of the ignorance of others. Do NOT let them have that power over you. Same with the "high school" crowd at the gym. If you take a daily shower, shower after you work out, wear deodorant, wash your work out clothes and you know there's not a medical cause - find a new group to work out with. Maybe during work outs you might use a clinical deodorant/antiperspirant. They are a little more expensive, but worth a shot.

Good for you for working out. Don't let anyone deter you from your goals.

This is a GREAT answer!! I agree with ALL of this!!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I was working out at the gym today minding my own business when a lay comes in and asks to speak with me alone. She told me a bunch of the girls in spin class on Tuesday were making fun of me because i sweat a lot and smell like it after my work out. My response was duh!! They then went on to say they bought me a bunch of hygiene stuff. I take showers i can't really help it that i sweat a lot. I don't know am i being to sensitive? She said they were laughing at me as well. I feel like I'm in school again.

you have lost 87 pounds - tell them to kiss your *kitten*

I hate when I have a crazy workout then go do some cardio and I am sweating a ton and smell (deodorant aint stopping that) and I get looks - it only happens if its a teenager or so most people have the common sense to understand if you aint sweating you aint trying
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    No I'm not throwing the gifts away. I have a better idea. Return it get the cash or in store credit and get something i like!

Now that's a great idea. BTW - I just noticed that you have lost 87 pounds. That's awesome!!! Doesn't it feel great? Keep going and don't let the idiots in this world determine what you do!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    First - wait until they give you the shower stuff because free stuff :tongue:

Then next, report it to the gym's manager as harassment.

Last....go about and kick butt as usual...sweaty and with a grin :)

Yup, I vote this ^^^
    But HELL YEAH for B&BW stuff!! I have to pay for mine!

ETA It never ceases to amaze me how people can be. :noway:
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Ended up eating poorly because of it. Ugh i should have done that

OMG, they make me so mad. Do not eat poorly because of them, because then they win.

I went to a seminar at work about dealing with difficult people.

THE FIRST STEP IN DEALING WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE IS TO DEVELOP CONTROL OF THE PERSON YOU CAN CONTROL AND THAT IS YOU.

Not sorry for all caps, I just don't want you to let their bitter, jealous, insecure, hateful streak cause you to backslide on all the progress you've made. Your profile picture shows that you are a beautiful lady, with a beautiful smile and a lovely family. Your ticker shows your success. Haters gone' hate.

They are bullying you and bullying comes from insecurity and low self esteem. Please do not give them the satisfaction of knowing that anything they have said or done has affected you in any way.

Take stock and pride I'm the fact that you are taking the high road and not engaging in that behavior.

OMG, they are lucky they aren't at my gym.

Who even has time to worry about what someone else is doing in a spin class; I'm sorry, if you're not smelly and sweating profusely you're doing spin class all wrong.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, OP. I don't know what causes grown adults to act so childish. It hurts, no matter how much you wish it wouldn't. But, I'd take a few of these awesome one liners and keep them in the noggin for just the right occasion. And keep at it... Don't let them ruin the bigger picture... your health. You ARE supposed to sweat, and if they're not, they're doing it wrong. Chin up...
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    No I'm not throwing the gifts away. I have a better idea. Return it get the cash or in store credit and get something i like!
    Make sure you walk up to them after class and say 'it didn't work'. Then hand them a list if things from Bath and Body that you want. Maybe you can turn this into a side business! Or have all of your Christmas shopping done by October.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Make sure you walk up to them after class and say 'it didn't work'. Then hand them a list if things from Bath and Body that you want. Maybe you can turn this into a side business! Or have all of your Christmas shopping done by October.

Love it *LOL*
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Wow, they actually gave you shower products? Tell them you can shower and change, but there is no way to cure b*tch.
  • Coraddy
    Options
    Oh my gosh!That's so disrespectful!
  • mrspinky85
    mrspinky85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Stuff like this ticks me off because they would be the same individuals complaining if they saw you large and not doing anything. Like I always remind my sister people always yapping their gums. If you poor they talk, rich, tall, fat, skinny.

I would take the free stuff and continue to do my thing. i would report them. I don't go to the gym to smell like roses. Am I the only one who think people ought to be sweaty in the gym? I find it weird when people aren't sweaty.

Years ago, I use to avoid the gym because of how I looked. Then when I lost weight and realized that people still talked down on how fit I was, I learned some people will always have something negative to say. So, I take myself into the gym and do my thing. If people got time to worry about me then they are at the gym for the wrong reasons.

This makes me upset because people are overweight, out of shape and literally are dying because of this negativity. Instead of being mean people should be supporting each other. Girl, do you and never let someone control what you do.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Sending you a hug :flowerforyou:
  • Melvinik
    Melvinik Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't entertain that mess!!!!!...Often times people like to make fun of others because of their own insecurities...keep your eyes on the prize..and stay focused...we got your back: flowerforyou:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sorry that these "ladies" are making you feel bad. Please don't let them scare you away from exercising. I'm sure that the problem is them and not you.
    One of the many reasons I prefer to work out with men. They don't seem to care about anything other than getting a good workout.
  • gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh, they were laughing at you? BIG F*CKING DEAL. Why would someone even tell you that? The 'laughers' and the woman you told you about if clearly have ZERO going on in their lives that they would make YOU (someone they don't even know) a topic of conversation. Don't you dare even skip ONE class.....go, smile and ENJOY....omg, the B*TCHES in this world blow my mind. Be glad that they don't accept you, that means that they see you as one of THEM...and who wants to be that kind of person?
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    seriously, we get online to complain about stuff like this?

oh my geez
  • Majda1234
    Options
    The trainer at my fitness centar commented in front of everyone once (when i wasn't on the training) about how much i stink. My sister was there and i actually cried for hours afterwards and got really upset since i am struggling with both low self esteem and an ED BUT you hve to realise that is just showing how immature and self concous they are since all they do is gossip about others.
  • Kate814
    Kate814 Posts: 145
    Options
    People need to play nice, and apparently these girls need to move their butts a little more if they're not sweaty and gross after their workouts. I know I am! Keep doing what your doing lady :)
  • lejla2002
    lejla2002 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I was working out at the gym today minding my own business when a lay comes in and asks to speak with me alone. She told me a bunch of the girls in spin class on Tuesday were making fun of me because i sweat a lot and smell like it after my work out. My response was duh!! They then went on to say they bought me a bunch of hygiene stuff. I take showers i can't really help it that i sweat a lot. I don't know am i being to sensitive? She said they were laughing at me as well. I feel like I'm in school again.

Keep your head up and don't let it get ya! :)
  • lejla2002
    lejla2002 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: