people talking behind my back at the gym

Options

Replies

• CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    If i'm not sweating and stinky then I feel I didn't busted my A** enough to changed myself... I feel bad for them, not you. Hold your head HI and be proud that you are putting in enough effort to making the change you want. :)
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    hold them down and fart in their face.....its the ultimate payback
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    If that really happened, that's pretty pathetic. I don't even know what to say. Keep doing what you're doing, don't give a reaction, because that's probably what they want. Or, after class, run up to them and give them a big hug, get your sweat all over them!
  • chloecats
    chloecats Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Why would they buy you something? Isn't that a bit odd? I guess if that happened to me, I'd just take the stuff and use it, maybe they'll stop complaining afterwards and if not, at least you got free bath things to enjoy.
  • shannashannabobana
    Options
    They gave me bath and body work kit. It had a poofy with body scrub shower gel bubble bath body spray bath salts and lotion. At least it isn't a bunch of dollar tree stuff. Idk still a little hurt but I'm going back tomorrow
    Tell them next time you prefer [insert ridiculously expensive brand here]. :)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Why did she feel the need to share this? If I were her, I don't think I'd be validating their childishness by directly passing it along. If they don't sweat, then they are either not doing the exercise or they have some serious issues.

^^^ This. Exactly. What jerks! Doesn't everybody sweat?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    wow. sorry that you have to deal with that.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Wear a hoodie while you work out. Get it drenched. Throw it at them. Repeat.
  • deedee85
    deedee85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That is so crazy that adults would care about the what is going on with the next adult that they don't know. Plus I don't know to many people who smell like a bag of roses after coming from the gym or a good workout. Keep up the good work, don't stop going to spin class, and don't allow them to control your emotions where you make unhealthy decisions. Good Luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,520 Member
    Options
    Lol, at the next class I'd be "shaking" myself off while spinning. Just sit close to them. That way some of the sweat splatters around on them. I'd also be woohooing to annoy the **** out them. Then after class I go and hi five them for a great class. But that's me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • applepie161987
    Options
    Tell her to get off her high horse and deal with it. I would report harrassment to the gym. I would also show up to every spin class shes in and sit right next to her.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Thank them nicely after your next workout. AFTER.
    Make sure you stand close.
    Very close.
    Tell them you love the products.
    Lift arms and say.
    I Feel Pretty.
    Spin.

Extra points if you can make spittle fly while talking to the b*tches.
    You are now their best friend and have the right to borrow their towel and do a wipe down of your equipment and personal *ahem* areas when needed.

They support you. Show appreciation.
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of behavior I have to deal with in seventh grade social skills classes for children with behavioral disorders. You'd think adults would know how stupid that is.

Keep on doing your thing.
  • emeraldvssilver
    emeraldvssilver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A lot of these responses require you to actually say or do something to them. If you're like me, and I have severe social anxiety and shy away from ever answering back to some one who insults me (it happens a lot), then this is what I would do.

If it's a class or something, like a spin class for example, then get in the room a minute early and pick a machine towards the back, that way they won't laugh or talk about you cause you'll be able to see and hear them. Tell the gym, nothing might come of it but at least if it goes on and on you can make a formal complaint and you'll be able to say that you've mentioned it on a previous occasion. Lastly, go to a different session, I know this might be extreme and it's understandable if you have no other time but the best way to get away from it is to avoid them.

But that's just the opinion of a social anxiety sufferer lol I hope everything improves for you.

(I do 45 minutes of cardio on my own and I'm always dripping with sweat after, there's just no avoiding it I'm afraid)
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Get a refund and join a different gym. Screw this mean girl bull crap...seems like the gym isn't doing a very good job making an inviting environment for members. She should have layed into those girls for being immature, there's no place for that kind of behavior at a gym.
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Why did she feel the need to share this? If I were her, I don't think I'd be validating their childishness by directly passing it along. If they don't sweat, then they are either not doing the exercise or they have some serious issues.

Agree!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I was working out at the gym today minding my own business when a lay comes in and asks to speak with me alone. She told me a bunch of the girls in spin class on Tuesday were making fun of me because i sweat a lot and smell like it after my work out. My response was duh!! They then went on to say they bought me a bunch of hygiene stuff. I take showers i can't really help it that i sweat a lot. I don't know am i being to sensitive? She said they were laughing at me as well. I feel like I'm in school again.

i would report it to whoever owns the gym then ask for a refund on my membership and find myself a new gym. i sweat a lot when i work out - i look like crap. it's the GYM you are supposed to sweat if you are not sweating then you are not using the gym the way it's supposed to be used.
  • bartonjack
    bartonjack Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Those ladies need to get a life. They probably have crummy lives and need to put someone else down so they feel better about themselves. Ignore them and continue to hit it.
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Some people sweat more than others, there is a medical condition called hyperhydrosis. I swear tons, felt better when I saw others that did as well! Last week was the best, I took a workout class with the gym's GM, she is super fit and sweated more than me, said she's always been like that!
    If they continue speak with the instructor or another employee at the gym, don't let them deter you!
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This pisses me off. Every gym now has to smell like this and look like that. Proper bare brick gyms smell far worse and they are the best. You are there to kick your own *kitten*, bottom line. Anything else is superfluous.