people talking behind my back at the gym

Options

Replies

• glheureux56
    Options
    Dont know if it would help at your gym, but tell the management about it and make sure that you include the work "feeling like you are being bullied as a result" or "making it a hostile place to be". And Im not making it up, but they are bullying you and making it hostile.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    People are going to be stupid and immature, at least you are at the gym and giving it your all, I sweat too, if you aren't sweating you need to work harder, don't worry about them they need to grow up and act like adults just be proud of yourself, anytime they say anything just let that motivate you to push harder soon they'll wish they would have focused more on working out and less on your sweat so they could look like you do!!!! Don't get discouraged, keep going!!!!!
  • butterflies02875
    butterflies02875 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Tell them where to go...:explode:
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Crazy $$$$..First of all i hate that girl who gossiped, it was none of her business(unless she was a friend) and there is no need to feel hurt over something some dumb people said(unless they are friends too).
    Just keep kicking *kitten*, you have lost so much weight, not by going to gym dolled up and not breaking a sweat..You should be proud of yourself!
  • teaparty75
    Options
    according to your tracker you've lost a ton of weight - so you are definitely doing something right !! so i say F'em !! funk and sweat can't be helped when you are giving it your all ...wipe down your bike when your done , flip them the bird , and sashay on up outta there !!
  • CocoaBeautiful78
    Options
    Um, that is so rude! I would have said: "I'm about to hold up a finger for you all. Guess which one?"
    I know it's hard, but try not to worry about it and certainly do not let their actions make you eat bad/overeat.
    I'm sorry this happened to you.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I think my favorite idea so far is the t-shirt one. It's gloriously passive aggressive (which, in this case, is not a negative!)

I'm so sorry you had to deal with this silliness, and I hope you continue to kick *kitten* at your class!!! :flowerforyou:
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    You are doing great,losing a lot of weight.Are they jealous? Even so,don't allow them to bug you.
    I had a friend who was a heavy sweater & she always made a bee line to the showers.No one was rude
    Enought to mention it.

Keep doing what you are doing.You are an inspiration to the slooooow losers.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    First off, please don't make poor eating choices because of the ignorance of others. Do NOT let them have that power over you. Same with the "high school" crowd at the gym. If you take a daily shower, shower after you work out, wear deodorant, wash your work out clothes and you know there's not a medical cause - find a new group to work out with. Maybe during work outs you might use a clinical deodorant/antiperspirant. They are a little more expensive, but worth a shot.

Good for you for working out. Don't let anyone deter you from your goals.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    If they worked out their bodies as hard as their mouths, they'd sweat too! And I would have told them that as well. lol! but that's me!

BAM! :laugh:
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Not really sure what kind of gym you go to- is it in a small town? Because small towns generally have nothing better to do than talk about people.

It baffles me why people feel the need to "intervene" in stranger's lives. Who the f*** do they think they are to be buying you hygienic products to use? Clearly if one works out they are going to sweat, and sweat from the underarms when it mingles with bacteria on the skin smells bad. Whoopdie do. I'm pretty sure everyone smells bad after a hard workout. You said you shower after so I don't really know what their problems are. Probably just jealous that you're getting results so they feel the need to bring you down to their level.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I am so old fat and out of shape I sweat when I am cleaning house. You know what? I will take it. I am sorry those idiots were mean to you. They obviously have way tooooo much time on their hands if all they can do is harass another woman at the gym. Shouldn't they be chasing their form or burn or something? May you should suggest to them if they aren't sweating perhaps the class is not advanced enough for them. I think I understand the woman letting you know so you are not blindsided but it was ill advised. She should have reached out to the gym management or the class instructor. That might have been better. Just remember you are a beacon of hope for all of us that are struggling to regain some fitness. Keep it up!
  • trevebyn
    trevebyn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Gyms have showers for a reason, you are SUPPOSED to get hot an sweaty. If they don't then they either aren't working hard enough or there is something medically wrong with them. Our public gyms are brilliant, no-one talks to anyone, no-one looks at you and everyone just gets on with their work out. Ideal :)
  • tenalee
    Options
    I agree get the free stuff... (-: forget them... It is so child like. Go do your stuff and look past them. If you do meet eyes smile BIG at them.... Be well
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Aren't frenemies fun? Not. I'd treat them like they don't exist. And cropdust them at every opportunity. You think my sweat is stinky? Challenge accepted. Sucks to be you (and downwind).
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    If they worked out their bodies as hard as their mouths, they'd sweat too! And I would have told them that as well. lol! but that's me!

BAM! :laugh:
  • kelfletch7
    kelfletch7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First off, what do people expect to see at the gym? Second, please don't waste another second thinking or worrying about what they said. They are the ones with a problem.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Young lady busting *kitten* and sweating at gym. Now that is hawt!!! Wait...what was your problem? Keep it up!:wink:
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else on this! They're so out of order and just plain rude, if they're not sweating then they're not working hard enough - a spin class is supposed to leave you dripping. If they're not taking it seriously that's up to them but you are!! Don't let them affect you, they really don't deserve that much of your attention, if they keep it up then I'd complain to the gym but keep up the good work.:smile:
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Rude ignorant B**ches. Enjoy the free stuff and carry on sweating.