people talking behind my back at the gym

Options
12345679»

Replies

• JacquiKerzman
    Options
    Awww I am so sorry, I was bullied in school :-( As an adult I wonder what is so great about you that they are jealous?

You know mean girls are just mean....maybe you should get some good sweat shirts with some good sayings on them like "If you are not dripping sweat when you leave the gym you are not working out".

I sweat like you, I am sure people think it odd sometimes, I actually laugh about it and my husband will say wow you smell a bit. You know what........ it is who I am and I do work my booty off at the gym, I have compete professionally. It does not bother me, I am in my mid forties though and that comes with age. Take it from the future you, don't sweat the small people...no pun intended :-)
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I was working out at the gym today minding my own business when a lay comes in and asks to speak with me alone. She told me a bunch of the girls in spin class on Tuesday were making fun of me because i sweat a lot and smell like it after my work out. My response was duh!! They then went on to say they bought me a bunch of hygiene stuff. I take showers i can't really help it that i sweat a lot. I don't know am i being to sensitive? She said they were laughing at me as well. I feel like I'm in school again.

To start with, this lady who was "just helping you" was in the wrong for spreading gossip even if its true. THe girls who are making fun of you are obviously petty and do sound like high school. I would if it were me, act like the lady never gave me the heads up and wait for one of the petty people to approach you and give you some FREE hygiene stuff. THen say something witty with the fakest and biggest smile/smirk on your face like "Thanks, I like free stuff" then just walk away. You can imagine the look of wonderment or surprise when you didn't let them win. THey will wonder why you were so calm and cool about it, therefore their little plan of evil didn't work. Trust me on this, it may not seem like it works but it will. This doesn't sound like a very good gym. The point in losing weight is not really about numbers on a scale, its about trying out different things/classes that lead you there and get you fit. I don't use a gym. THe world is my treadmill, when I did use a gym in the past I made sure I felt comfortable at all times. Maybe you should find a gym where adults patron honey or skip it altogether. You can get yourself a bike and go anywhere for free. Good luck, don't let the haters win, Flip that on 'em.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    They did give me free stuff

Honey you are young, you will see that eventually in life you stop giving a care what others think of you and focus on you. Groups of girls do not ever get along. Get a new gym. Make sure you report this behavior immediately to the owner/manager of this gym as well. I am soaked after every single workout. If you are burning calories then that's how it works. You can help yourself out a bit and get yourself some workout clothes that are like the danskin brand. You cant even tell the half of how sweaty I really am. Just stay away from them or leave the gym or just change classes. Out of site, out of mind. Congrats on the huge loss so far, they are just jealous.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    What a bunch of prissy little b*tches! If they're not sweaty and smelly by the time they're done THEY'RE THE ONES NOT DOING IT RIGHT!
  • HelllYeaHH
    HelllYeaHH Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I workout in the morning and am smelly before I even get to the gym. I don't see the use in taking a shower before going there. It just seems useless because I'll be sweating in a few minutes anyway.

Just keep doing what you're doing :)
  • cathiggs
    cathiggs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to have said it all before me but I will have to agree you are better then they are and dont let them win by making poor food choices show them you are a better person and I sweat like anything and i probably smell as well! If i were you i would also speak to a member of staff cos its not nice.
    And if it was me i would accept the free stuff with a fake smile cos its free and then get on and do my thing and i love spinning its one of my fav cardio workouts!