Could you give up Meat?

Options
Completely for the rest of your life And go to a whole foods plant based diet? Which means no meat dairy oils etc. could you? Seriously

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Absolutely and Unequivocally the answer would be a Responding NO!!!!! :noway:
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    no way, NO WAY

well yeah, if i had to, but i'd be super sad
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    and 'had to' means some kind of world disaster has occurred (i do not know how to bleed a cow)

and by 'sad' i mean perma-hangry
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Nope. Nopenopenope
  • ihateyoga
    Options
    Not completely. I became pesctarian ( People who eat vegetables and fish) a year ago. I feel:happy: a lot healthier and stronger.
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Not sure about "for the rest of my life," but I'm trying a vegan diet at the moment. :tongue:

I feel healthy so far! If I ever need more protein, I add in some protein powder.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Nope!!! And I have no interest on ever trying. I would rather give up the Veggies.
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    Options
    I was vegetarian for 8 years, and my partner was vegan for 3 of them - so pretty much have done. I'd never go back. Not that I hated life as a vegetarian, but I feel like my diet is far better at fueling my active life now (I eat eggs/fish/poultry/moderate dairy, but not beef or pork) than it was without meat. I'd rather eat locally, minimally processed food than give up any single food group - for me and the environment.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    If I had to, I guess I could manage. But man would it be such a sad day. I'm not much of a turkey, beef or chicken eater, but pork....

GLORIOUS PORK PRODUCTS :sad:
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bacon=everything.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I was vegetarian for 8 years, and my partner was vegan for 3 of them - so pretty much have done. I'd never go back. Not that I hated life as a vegetarian, but I feel like my diet is far better at fueling my active life now (I eat eggs/fish/poultry/moderate dairy, but not beef or pork) than it was without meat. I'd rather eat locally, minimally processed food than give up any single food group - for me and the environment.

I was also a vegetarian for 5 years in my teens. First time I ate meat again it was such a strange taste experience. I now eat bacon, but not pork chops, fish, eggs, only white meat from poultry, & I can't stand the rind/fat on meat now.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    No, definitely not and I really wouldn't even want to!
  • samedame
    Options
    No way. I mean, unless it was completely a life or death situation, as in "you will die if you eat meat"
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Sorry, that was my first reaction.

If I had to, then yes but only for that reason.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Lol, hell no! I tried and did for a while... no idea how I did it. Never doing that again. :noway:
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs/fish/poultry/moderate dairy, but not beef or pork.

Same here. I gave up red meat/pork 17+ years ago (don't miss them a bit), but couldn't live without poultry and seafood....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    no
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question.

Oh, and bacon.
  • unicornpickles12
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 2 years, and I've never felt better.
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I technically *could*, but I'd sooner put a bullet in my face.