• Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Beat the meat.
    bf4nbqO.gif
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Could I? Yes. Would I do it without medical cause? Nope. Partly because I love meat and animal byproducts, but also because my partner has a ridiculous number of food allergies and intolerances (including many of the best plant-based sources of proteins). To make things easier, I simply avoid those foods when we're eating/cooking together. Trying to combine that with a wholly plant-based diet would just be ridiculously restrictive.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Why would I give up some of my favorite foods? Absolutely not.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Sure, like if there was a law or something. But why?
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Absolutely and Unequivocally the answer would be a Responding NO!!!!! :noway:

^^^^^
    THIS

I LOVE CHEESE WAY TOO MUCH! ...

I don't eat much meat (maybe a few times a month if that), but give it up for the rest of my life ... Um, NO!

And, oils? ... NOPE ... I Love olive oil way too much, and my new favorite is toasted walnut oil ... It makes a super delicious dressing when mixed with balsamic ...

I think the OP meant animal based oils, like butter or lard. We need fats to survive.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    no bacon???? i would rather die :flowerforyou:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Life would not be complete without a bit of meat in my mouth from time to time.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    NEVERRRRR!!!!!!!!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I probably could if I had to........................

...............................................but seriously I wouldn't want to
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Given a compelling enough reason, (like, say the imminent death of my family or global nuclear war), anyone could quit anything for as long as necessary.

Having said that, I have no desire to give up meat and meat products.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    easily. 20 years ago. never going back.
  • JuliMagenta
    JuliMagenta Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian for 3 years. It's possible, but I actually missed the meat one day. That's when I decided to stop being a vegetarian.
    So yes, I would be able to give up meat, but I don't want to.
  • elsdonward
    elsdonward Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    In defense of the starch based diet - I believe that it is the secret to longetivity, and it cures cardiovascular problems caused by cholesterol, added hormones, bovine viruses, ingestion of antibiotics, other food additives and so on.

I did this diet for eight months because I saw the proof. It also means that you lose weight naturally and if you are ill with and diabetes or cardiovascular ailments it is the only way to cure you without surgery. So please do not be against this. You may need it some day before long especially if you are consuming the rich western diet. There is lots of evidence out there so do not take my word for it - but do not try and bring it down because it is proven
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    :noway:

HELL TO THE NO!!!
  • Nimnyn
    Nimnyn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Completely for the rest of your life And go to a whole foods plant based diet? Which means no meat dairy oils etc. could you? Seriously

I've been a vegetarian, I can honestly say that I felt worse doing that than just eating meat and very low carbs
  • Joyyfull4u
    Joyyfull4u Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No. Not I
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    lol
  • RonW956
    RonW956 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I never was much of a meat eater to begin with so switching to 100% vegan to me was really no big deal. I think in order to enjoy being a vegetarian is to be a bit more creative in the kitchen... After drinking nothing but water & going vegan I dropped over 30 pounds, my cholesterol dropped to 148. Now when I smell someone cooking meat outside it has a "heavy greasy" feel to it. Nope, I dont miss meat at all....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    Hell no!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    No.