Could you give up Meat?

Options

Replies

• Darlekins
    Options
    Nope. No grains, no soy, no peanuts, no shellfish and limited fruits and legumes, so I'm pretty much dead set against giving up anything else
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Completely for the rest of your life And go to a whole foods plant based diet? Which means no meat dairy oils etc. could you? Seriously

What the hell is a "meat dairy oil"?

and the answer is flat out no. I've tried all kinds of diets - paleo, vegetarian, liquid diets... just NO. Now I am gluten free because of allergen testing, but I already can't have a lot of foods, why cut someone else out?

These "diets" set us up for failure. Now if it's a lifestyle change, that's different. You are doing that for your beliefs. But just to cut it out because you heard it was good? not such a good idea.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    it depends if I have to kill the animal to eat. if I had to do that i'd give it up simply because I couldn't hurt an animal
  • allylbrown
    Options
    Yes
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Completely for the rest of your life And go to a whole foods plant based diet? Which means no meat dairy oils etc. could you? Seriously

What is it ? Go without meat, or go without meat, dairy and oil.....you kind of lumped a whole bunch of things together.
    I could go without meat easily. I eat chicken, fish and the occasional pork after being a vegetarian for 18 years, but I would not give up dairy and oil......where does giving up oil come from anyway, especially since it's not an animal product.
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Already gave up dairy due to casein intolerance, I don't think it gets any worse than giving up cheese. :frown: I could stop eating meat.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Voluntarily? Nope.

Beef. It's what's for dinner!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    No way
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    No. No. And no.
  • smurlene
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for eight years and vegan for about four months. It is a wonderful, healthy way of life and very, very easy to keep in control of calories.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Nope. I tried about five times throughout my life, and kept coming back. It's just too tasty to me.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    uh yeah Already did lol
  • ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I rather enjoy being a carnivore!
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for 10 years and was vegetarian for 4 years before that, so I haven't eaten meat for half my life (so far). I don't plan to eat meat or dairy ever again, but people and situations change, so you just never know. But yes, I can say with confidence that I COULD go the rest of my life without.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Could I, yes. Would I, no.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    it depends if I have to kill the animal to eat. if I had to do that i'd give it up simply because I couldn't hurt an animal

If you feel this way, why do you eat it?
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • chezzamanezza
    Options
    I can live without eating meat. But I am junk going vegan would be too extreme
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I gave up every meat except fish, don't miss it at all. I couldn't just eat plants though, would miss chocolate too much!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Fish are animals too so I would never feel good about myself for being just a pescatarian. I really don't like I eat animals since I adore my cat and dog so much. My dog is my baby so I do feel bad eating meat but living with men that wouldn't dream of never eating meat makes it harder for me to stop. I do love my meat too though.