doing it "right" getting nowhere

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    thanks! that;s really encouraging, which is what i came on here for. ratehr than being yelled at for not eating enough which i said i'm freaking working on. sheesh.

and THIS is is the exact reason why people who have been here a long time get irritated with these forums... you get a lot of GOOD and USEFUL information, and the only one that you like hearing is the one that is saying they had the same troubles as you when they had their 3rd child. You don't want to eat the amount of calories that you should be? Don't workout as much.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member
    When did you lose the 25 pounds that are shown on your ticker? If you recently lost that, and fairly quickly, then your body may have just hit a stall. If you lost that right after the baby was born, and have only been restricting calories for the past 6 weeks, with zero loss, then you are not eating at a deficit.
    I agree that 3000 cals a day would be insane.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    thanks! that;s really encouraging, which is what i came on here for. ratehr than being yelled at for not eating enough which i said i'm freaking working on. sheesh.

and THIS is is the exact reason why people who have been here a long time get irritated with these forums... you get a lot of GOOD and USEFUL information, and the only one that you like hearing is the one that is saying they had the same troubles as you when they had their 3rd child. You don't want to eat the amount of calories that you should be? Don't workout as much.

Mmm-hmm...I think she's got it all figured out now. :-/
  • SweetMae1
    SweetMae1 Posts: 53 Member
    I would say that your calorie estimates are high. HRM are still just estimations. Mine says that i burn really high also, but i KNOW i'm not burning over 600 cals/hr during Zumba. I would adjust your activity levels on MFP to ACTIVE and eat what that says regardless of how much you workout. If you want to log your exercises, put them in for 1 calorie rather than what your HRM says.

that is gonna tell me to eat 1260-or 1760 if i add 500 for nursing. i've been doing that for months.
  • SweetMae1

Mmm-hmm...I think she's got it all figured out now. :-/

my point is that i know i need to eat more and i AM eating more.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Why don't You tell everyone what you want to hear so it can be regurgitated to you that way you can be satisfied.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Take out some of the cardio and throw in some resistance work with weights...your body will thank you for it ...when you do start losing you will have retained more LBM and look better.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    You're BREASTFEEDING a human. Add 500 calories a day to your Goals JUST FOR THAT. Then eat the exercise calories. Use a digital food scale and weigh everything you eat. Eating approximates doesn't work.

For that matter, you shouldn't be trying to actively cut calories. Talk to your OB/GYN.

QFT

So you can read this again.:flowerforyou:

What does QFT mean Ive been seeing this a lot on the forums ??
  • SweetMae1
    When did you lose the 25 pounds that are shown on your ticker? If you recently lost that, and fairly quickly, then your body may have just hit a stall. If you lost that right after the baby was born, and have only been restricting calories for the past 6 weeks, with zero loss, then you are not eating at a deficit.
    I agree that 3000 cals a day would be insane.

essentially i lost that and a few more before i got pregnant. i'm within 3 lbs of my pre-baby weight and have been since a week after i had her. i'm assuming i'm carrying more muscle now though because i'm 2 sizes smaller
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    who really cares.
    do what you want to do,
    duh.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Take out some of the cardio and throw in some resistance work with weights...your body will thank you for it ...when you do start losing you will have retained more LBM and look better.

Now here is good advice! No sarcasm, I actually do like this idea. :-D
  • SweetMae1

the Body Revolution workouts i do 4x a week are resisitance training- HIIT with body weight and hand weights and cables.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I would say that your calorie estimates are high. HRM are still just estimations. Mine says that i burn really high also, but i KNOW i'm not burning over 600 cals/hr during Zumba. I would adjust your activity levels on MFP to ACTIVE and eat what that says regardless of how much you workout. If you want to log your exercises, put them in for 1 calorie rather than what your HRM says.

that is gonna tell me to eat 1260-or 1760 if i add 500 for nursing. i've been doing that for months.

how much do you have it set for losing a week?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    i guarantee my food logging and HRM are right on.

Right.

Open your diary. We'll see about that.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire

Right.

Waiting for fireworks. :-D
  • SweetMae1
    no, i'm trying to NET 1600 instead of grossing 1800.
    on tues/thurs this means eating about 3k calories which just seems insane.

Okay well I thought you said you were going to try that because someone suggested it. Does that mean you just started trying to net 1600 over the past couple days?

I dunno, I could easily eat 3000 calories twice a week without thinking about it. Maybe you're being too restrictive with your food? You can try adding more good fats on the day you do spin class, like avocado, nuts/nut butters, extra olive oil to dishes ect.

Honestly, I think the excessive exercise is causing water retention. I think if you backed off a little, maybe gave yourself an extra day of rest/ate your calorie goal, you'd see the scale move in a week or so.

I understand the desire to be gun-ho about weight loss and getting healthy, but it feels like you're over doing it a little =)

you are my fav person on this thread. ;-) this is actually my scaled-back program. i was also doing 4h a week of power yoga before.
  • SweetMae1

Right.

okie! let's go!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

Right.

okie! let's go!

1.5 weeks worth of food logged.

Log consistently.

/thread
  • SweetMae1
    for those saying i jsut want to hear what i want to hear, i really think my original question is do y'all think i should eat back my exercise calories (a resounding YES! i get it! ;-)) and how long before i should see if that is working?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Yet another thread where OP only gives a little bit of information at a time and then gets upset with people who weren't well honed mind readers.

"I'm breast feeding."

"You shouldn't try to lose weight while breast feeding."

"It's a toddler, so quantity isn't an issue. Stop being so judgmental."

"Oh, I didn't know because you didn't make that clear initially."

or

"I'm having a hard time losing weight despite my perfect eating and intensive exercise program."

"Hmmm, maybe your logging isn't as accurate as you think it is."

"I have PCOS."

"..."